FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   R.I.P Jim, magic111, my dear friend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1316850-r-i-p-jim-magic111-my-dear-friend.html)

Oxon Flyer Feb 23, 2012 9:37 am

Feels like the referee has blown the final whistle when the second half has just only started.

RIP Jim.

RSSrsvp Feb 23, 2012 11:52 am

A classic example of what we look for in a FT member has left us too soon. RIP Jim.

BiziBB Feb 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh, Jim, if you are logging into FT from Heaven I can only repeat everything here and add that your advice when we met on the cruise at OzFest Cairns was invaluable and I use it all the time. Sad to know that we last had some enjoyable chats and dinners at OzFest Adelaide and I will truly miss you here and from this earth.

I am extremely sad to read of your passing. RIP.

lpatron Feb 23, 2012 2:15 pm

So sad to hear - thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. R.I.P.

the_happiness_store Feb 23, 2012 2:59 pm

He was a very nice man. I am beyond stunned.
My condolences to his family.

b1513 Feb 23, 2012 4:58 pm

A valuable FT contributor....condolences to the family. RIP magic111.

ILuvParis Feb 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Very sad news. My sympathy to his family and friends.

belle3388 Feb 23, 2012 6:39 pm

The funeral service will be on Saturday, February the 25th at 2:00p.m. at

Parent Sorensen Mortuary
850 Keokuk Street
Petaluma, CA
(707) 763-4131

(Jim Morago)

chemist661 Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm

I first met Jim on one of my early MR's. I believe it was at JFK when I was flying UA. I did a short MR (about 8-9 yrs ago) and saw Jim @JFK. He saw my FT tag and we spoke. I met him at several more functions around the world and he & Jerrie couldn't have been nicer. (and very helpful!)

I am grounded due to cancer but I hope to be flying again later this year.

RIP Magic111 (Jim). Although he was living life to the fullest, his passing came much too early in his life.

squeakr Feb 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Bob and I will be there

Originally Posted by belle3388 (Post 18071675)
The funeral service will be on Saturday, February the 25th at 2:00p.m. at

Parent Sorensen Mortuary
850 Keokuk Street
Petaluma, CA
(707) 763-4131

(Jim Morago)

doc Feb 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen (Post 18062030)
In the history of FlyerTalk, in the history of our corps of volunteer Moderators, in the history of the unknowns behind a keyboard who become friends and in the history of those who have earned my utmost and most personal respect — Jim/Magic111 is one of those that did make a difference for all those who call FlyerTalk their base station for mileuis, points and general travel information. The number of times I recall great conversations with Jim of reason and valuable contributions toward the success that is FlyerTalk reaches well into the double digits. His particular passion for the right thing for all the visitors to the AAdvantage forum and beyond still guides me today and will forever.

This is a man whose time clearly was cut too short. This is a member whose contributions are so imbedded in the mantra of FlyerTalk for wanting to help others, that he will always be part of the history that will be written for FlyerTalk.

We are all here for his memory today, tomorrow and for every day after. I am truly quite saddened by this news, FlyerTalk has truly lost a dear, dear friend.

Amen.. as I noted previously elsewhere.. just shock .. and then dismay.. super guy.. way too
soon.. he'll be sorely missed.. condolences to Jerrie & the family..

Hunki Feb 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Punki and I shared many experiences with Jim and Jerrie, from Dusseldorf to Hong Kong, Basel, NYC and more. The last one with Jim was the BRT last year. We will miss him dearly, and offer our heartfelt condolences to Jerrie.

He was way too young to leave this earth.

philemer Feb 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I met Jim at a couple conferences but didn't know him real well. He seemed like a kind and gentle soul. Way to early to leave this place. RIP my friend. Prayers going out to his family.

dhammer53 Feb 23, 2012 9:25 pm

FortFun found Jim's trip report from the first Brooklyn Tour. It's a nice read, and really gives you an idea of the type of person Jim was. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-brooklyn.html

Dan

squeakr Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

we are picking up violist in SF on Sat.

anyone else need a ride? We can probably take one more. PM me.