FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   R.I.P Jim, magic111, my dear friend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1316850-r-i-p-jim-magic111-my-dear-friend.html)

21voyageur Mar 2, 2012 5:12 pm

The man

We know u r looking down at all from 30,000 feet with a smile. All the best wherever you may travel! Hey folks, as they say, we are all born to one day die. Smile and enjoy out time hear!:)^

We are here but once , , , 21Voyageur

kinglong Mar 2, 2012 7:42 pm

r.i.p.

quixx23 Mar 2, 2012 9:24 pm

So sorry to hear this news. :(

RIP Jim.

Downunder girl Mar 3, 2012 4:05 am

A dear friend pointed me to this thread. I am sooo saddened to hear that such a lovely man has gone :(

I met Jim only once, a few years back at one of the SIN Do's. We enjoyed talking about how hard it was to procure a suite at the Sheraton Towers Hotel in SIN.

My thoughts and condolences go to his family and friends.

chenmokan Mar 3, 2012 5:47 am

So very sad...

QF WP Mar 4, 2012 5:09 pm

Bundy Bear pointed me to this thread via a post on FB. I recall Jim on a couple of ozfests' and I'm sure it was Cairns in 2009 where we had a good chat about AA and the difficulties some of us (the non-USA living members) had getting decent offers, yet the benefits from eVIP's. I remember his first comment was that I should move to the USA and my problem would be fixed ;) :D

My condolences to his family and close friends here on FT.

marbe166 Mar 5, 2012 2:10 am

I was fortunate to meet Jim and Jerrie at the Tour de France TLS Do in 2007. He came across as a very warm and friendly person, and I feel honoured to have met him. My heart and thoughts are with Jerrie and the rest of the family, and his FT family. RIP

BlondeBomber Mar 5, 2012 10:16 am

Jim rode with Mrs. BlondeBomber and I from Madrid to Valencia and back for a FT Las Fallas celebration. Great guy and always a lot of fun! He will be missed. Our thoughts are with his family right now.

LapLap Mar 6, 2012 12:16 pm

I can only hold my heart out to any of Jim's friends and family who might be reading this.
My sincere condolences and I hope that these testaments will provide some comfort. To be both a 'marchoso' (fun lover who follows the action) and a caballero (gentleman) is a rare and wonderful thing. We are all that much poorer for his passing away.

tkey75 Mar 6, 2012 12:31 pm

Oh my. So very sad. My deepest condolences to his family.

JDiver Mar 10, 2012 1:07 pm

There is also an online Guest Book where you can express your condolences to Jim's family here; it will be up "in perpetuity" thanks to FlyerTalk, so there is no deadline.

cblaisd has provided the link to Jim's obituary; I will merely replicate it here.

Another interesting note about Jim:

Perhaps some of you have visited or driven by Moraga, Contra Costa County, California? Moraga was originally a Spanish land grant made to the old-line Moraga family. Jim's family, whose ancestors likely came to Cuba in 1511, to other of the Americas in the early 1500s, to New Spain (Mexico) in 1570 and to northern California in 1776. José Joaquín de la Santísima Trinidad Moraga helped site the Presidio at San Francisco (he and his son, Gabriel, both served as Comandante of the Presidio).

He and his family share a lengthy heritage in California's post conquest history; the Moraga and Morago families are as embedded in California's history as magic111's is in FlyerTalk's.

www.moragahistory.com

imm2b Mar 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm shocked! I had the privilege to meet Jim recently at a lunch-do and MRing via SFO. Jim was a true gentleman and he left a deep impression when he shared travel and life stories with me. My condolences to his family. He will be missed by all.

Petrus Mar 13, 2012 9:14 am

I only met you once, but you have that unique aura of warmth and genuinity. My deepest condolences to your family and friends. :(

dgoedken Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Sorry to hear one of our own was lost

FlyinHawaiian Mar 16, 2012 11:51 am

Last night, dhammer53 and I sat down for a round of adult beverages and raised our glasses to honor the memories of two spectacular gentlemen, magic111 and newself.