FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   R.I.P Jim, magic111, my dear friend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1316850-r-i-p-jim-magic111-my-dear-friend.html)

Jailer Feb 22, 2012 11:15 am

Very grim news, RIP.

Pat89339 Feb 22, 2012 11:26 am

Very sad news indeed. My condolences to his family. Like many others here, I would run into Jim from time to time at various FT events. He was a great storyteller, as well as a kind and compassionate person. This is a great loss. RIP Jim.

aztimm Feb 22, 2012 11:35 am

I sat next to Jim at my first mod Do, and he was always calm and relaxed, even when there were some heated discussions going on.
He will certainly be missed on Flyertalk.:(

My condolences to his wife and family.

MileageAddict Feb 22, 2012 11:45 am

Such a terrific guy. I always looked forward to talking with him and hanging out when we crossed paths. I'll miss him. :(

N965VJ Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Wow, sorry to hear! :(

lin821 Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Very shocked and sad. :(

Even though I don't know magic111 but I always think he is a wonderful person and model mod whenever I read his posts and contribution on FT. So sorry that I will never have the opportunity and honor to interact with him in person.

RIP, magic111!

itsaboutthejourney Feb 22, 2012 12:05 pm

So sad. While I had my disAAgreements with Jim we both shared a passion for travel and everything FT has done for us. Last time we saw each other was at a marvelous dinner in Sitges, celebrating the wedding of two FT'ers! My thoughts are with Jerrie. May he continue to inspire her wonderful art!

dedehans Feb 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Jim

Sjo very very sorry to hear about the death of Jim/Magic111.....my deep condolences to Jerrie.

Have been at many DOs with Jim and Jerrie....Jim was a very handsome man and alot of fun to be with. Here's a good wine (even Tiger Beer) toast to you in Heaven, Jim.

chexfan Feb 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Wow... such sad news hear. Condolences to Jerrie. :(

Sweet Willie Feb 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 18062218)
I was fortunate enough to have bumped into Jim at a couple of FT Do's and am richer for the experience. Being a new Mod. I will also miss his insights and voice of experience.

+1

RIP Jim.

ldsant Feb 22, 2012 12:31 pm

There are no right words at this time but I am sending my sincere concolences to Jerrie and the family. He was always one of those people who made every encounter a happy one.

LarryU Feb 22, 2012 12:31 pm

I first met Jim about 10 years ago at one of Old Gold's Tucson gatherings -- Newself was there as well. :(

I bumped into Jim again a couple of years ago at SIN Do.

Very sad. :(

iluv2fly Feb 22, 2012 12:46 pm

My heartfelt condolences to Jerri and his family.

I had the pleasure of dining with him from Paris to San Fran and at many of the Moderator Do's. A fun-loving guy who also advised and helped me with some of my health issues - very caring, concerned and sincere.

FT was a better place because of him.

I'm just shocked beyond words.

SanDiego1K Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Jim shared in Community several years ago after his son had been injured in Iraq. He saw him for a few minutes as he was in transit from Germany to Hawaii via California for recuperation. His love for his family brought tears to my eyes then and again today. Most of the report was of his efforts to get to his son as quickly as possible. He closed with:

Originally Posted by magic111
OK thanks for following along with me to here. Those of you who have met me know that I can get kinda long winded and especially when any emotions are at a critical level. I will state emphatically I LOVE FT for what I've learned here over the years about travel and more importantly last minute travel.

Thanks to FT is that with what has been learned here I realized that I had access to miles if neccessary to take last minute flights if neccessary. But even more importantly my son-in-law and I were able to find last minute flights on UA that left this morning for less than $300 sfo-hnl and his mother and sister are on the flights. About $500 less than what they will be starting tomorrow for the next two weeks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...thanks-ft.html

FLYGVA Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm

I am shocked to hear this sad news.

He was on my first Do back in 2004 and I met him several times. It was always a pleasure to talk to him and not always the topic where miles and planes but also his experience in many fields. It is sad to see him go and we will miss him.

My condolences go out to Jerrie and his family.