Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Sorry I keep missing these (for the past 2 years). Any ideas when the next one will be?

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
It's been a while since we got together, so how about something in December? I'm thinking either the second or third week, or the second weekend. Interest? Suggestions?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:20 pm

Is anyone welcome to attend these get-togethers? I've lurked a bit on FT over the years, but only recently created an account and am really more of a few times a year travel enthusiast than a points expert. But I'd be interested in trying to join sometime if you all were open to a newcomer.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
It's been a while since we got together, so how about something in December? I'm thinking either the second or third week, or the second weekend. Interest? Suggestions?
If by second week you mean 12/8 or 9 or 12 or 13, then I'm great for it. Flying to Beijing on 12/14 and coming back from HK on Xmas day.
tom
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by onthewaytoadventure
Is anyone welcome to attend these get-togethers? I've lurked a bit on FT over the years, but only recently created an account and am really more of a few times a year travel enthusiast than a points expert. But I'd be interested in trying to join sometime if you all were open to a newcomer.
Greg generally takes the lead in organizing, thanks... But new folks are welcome.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by mot29
If by second week you mean 12/8 or 9 or 12 or 13, then I'm great for it. Flying to Beijing on 12/14 and coming back from HK on Xmas day.
tom
The 8th, 12th and 13th are booked, but the 9th could work. The 11th is miraculously unscheduled, FWIW.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Let's pencil in December 9.

Anything you've been wanting to try downtown, mot29? Any new spots in the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor you can suggest, DCA writer?

New attendees are always welcome, onthewaytoadventure
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
I can probably make Dec 9th, with the usual risk of a last minute business trip.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:41 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I might actually be coming back to town 12/9!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:17 am

Let's pencil in December 9.

Anything you've been wanting to try downtown, mot29? Any new spots in the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor you can suggest, DCA writer?

New attendees are always welcome, onthewaytoadventure
Great -- not new for me, but I do like DGS, just south of Dupont Circle on Connecticut if people are interested in downtown.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I've got an event on the Hill that evening, so someplace in the neighborhood would simplify my own planning. How about We the Pizza or Union Pub?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
I've been lurking on this thread for a while and so far my schedule hasn't lined up! Unfortunately I'll be in GVA the 9th and 10th then stopping in FRA for a few days on the way back to DC. I'll have to look out for the next time.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Always wanted to make it to one of these -- and Dec 9th (as of now) works for me!

FWIW, I'd also prefer within the district.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Alright, it sounds like most folks would prefer something in the District. I've not frequented the Hill much of late, so will need to rely on other for recommendations. Is there anyting interesting at Union Station? I've always liked that building and wouldn't mind a chance to see the tree there (assuming there is one). Another possibility would be something around Barracks Row in SE.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Alright, it sounds like most folks would prefer something in the District. I've not frequented the Hill much of late, so will need to rely on other for recommendations. Is there anyting interesting at Union Station? I've always liked that building and wouldn't mind a chance to see the tree there (assuming there is one). Another possibility would be something around Barracks Row in SE.
The only non-fast food places in Union Station are Thunder Grill, Center Café, and East Street Café. The downstairs food court offers an opportunity to view tourists en masse at their worst, while there is an area to the side with various take-out type things like Roti and Chop't.

Of places nearby, the only thing that comes to mind as notable is Johnny's Half Shell.

There should be a tree and there is usually some sort of toy train display, however.

Barracks Row is more convenient for those of us who use the Orange or Blue (or, I suppose, Silver) lines of the Metro. Ted's Bulletin strikes me as the sort of place that might work well for our crowd. If you are looking for more exotic, Ambar is a Balkan place that sounds interesting, though I haven't been there to verify how good it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.