Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:05 am

Late last night I was able to book a reservation for two for my friend and I at 645pm for 701 restaurant which looks so posh. Though I can't join your table since you've maxed out your reservation, I would like to stop by and say hi and meet the group. Please let me know how I can do that. ��
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by WanderLuster
I'm just checking in to say that I'll keep an eye on the thread --- so if there are any last minute drop outs I remain willing to be a last minute fill in.
As mot29 as withdrawn, you've cleared the waitlist. See you tonight at 701.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Thinking ahead to some time in February or early March, I'm rather eager to try China Chilcano, the new Jose Andres Peruvian / Asian fusion place. There is even a dish on the menu called "aeropuerto."

Anybody else up for this?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mhnadel
Thinking ahead to some time in February or early March, I'm rather eager to try China Chilcano, the new Jose Andres Peruvian / Asian fusion place. There is even a dish on the menu called "aeropuerto."

We arrive DCA at 5PM on Feb 11 and certainly would be up for this.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al

Originally Posted by monitor
mhnadel - I've also wanted to try out China Chilcano! I'd definitely be in. I should be in town on Feb 11th.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:47 am

Alas, the buzz has been too good and we may have to wait a bit to try the place out. No reservations available at China Chilcano that night (or the next night). I will call to see if this is just an open table issue, but it looks unlikely. I even tried seeing if I could do something for just 4 people, instead of 6. In that case, there was stuff at about 4 p.m. and about 10 p.m., but that just isn't workable for me on a weeknight.

Of course, we would still love to see you during this trip. Any ideas of somewhere else to go.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...Any ideas of somewhere else to go.
We are staying on the West End and if you want to go a bit upscale, we have heard very good things about Rasika which has a location somewhere in that area.

But it really does not make much difference to us. Any place you (or any others) have been wanting to try out in DC or nearby VA would be fine.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:03 pm

We are staying on the West End and if you want to go a bit upscale, we have heard very good things about Rasika which has a location somewhere in that area.

But it really does not make much difference to us. Any place you (or any others) have been wanting to try out in DC or nearby VA would be fine.

Actually, Rasika West End has also been on my list of places to try, so I would be up for it.

If you get in at 5, how early do you think we could do dinner?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, Rasika West End has also been on my list of places to try, so I would be up for it.

If you get in at 5, how early do you think we could do dinner?
We are comfortable with 7 but if you need it earlier, we can get there when we can, probably in the 630-645 range.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:01 am

FlyerBeek has gotten us a reservation at China Chilcano! February 11th at 7:15 p.m. for 6 people (all he could get). I'll update the wiki.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you FlyerBeek. Persistence does pay off for restuarant reservations.

We should be able to make 715. Our flight arrives 504PM and we are staying in the District.

Since there is no hockey at the Phone Booth that evening, my guess is that there should be parking to be found near this place so even if we need to come direct from DCA, we should be there on time.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:06 pm

Since there is no hockey at the Phone Booth that evening, my guess is that there should be parking to be found near this place so even if we need to come direct from DCA, we should be there on time.
There are at least 3 parking garages within a block of so of that location. So, yes, available, though probably pricy.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Thank you FlyerBeek. Persistence does pay off for restuarant reservations.
Absolutely! I'm looking forward to seeing you - and everyone else - again.

If the waiting list gets large enough, the restaurant might be able to accommodate a separate table for 4.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM
I have added my friend as my +1 to the Wiki for the 6th seat at the table. See you all on Wednesday evening.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:24 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
I keep catching this thread too late... I will try to catch the next Happy Hour!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.