Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do VIII (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Can't speak for anyone else Alex, but no need to PM me. I'll eat anything, any time, anywhere. Whatever and wherever you choose will be fine with me.
Great, I will list you on all group events then. Are you up for the charity wine tasting event...? This year, we will be asking for a AR$150 (Pesos) contribution.

Thanks,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Looks as if the missus will have to visit the big city around the beginning of September for a bit of business so I shall try and make her arrange it for Monday, Sept 3rd.
If so it'll mean we might be able to pop in to Terroir for a quick hello a tasting of some fine RSJ and to make sure the Irish contingent are behaving themselves. I can also pick up the free case of wine eightblack promised Alex would give me for taking on the Ambassador role before heading back to the sticks.

Shall keep you informed.
If you dont stop beating around the bush and CONFIRM you will be here for at least one of the big events, I will look into demoting you from your Ambassadorship to a 3rd Secretary position..... capische..??!!!

Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
I should have noted I was primarily checking DFW as I have no desire to hit MIA or JFK - I'm out of AUS. Apologies if my post was misleading. I need to remember that folks live elsewhere than me.
The only desire to 'hit" those is a) if you live near there or b) want to hit up the FL to get "greased up" for the flight..
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by goingbananas
The only desire to 'hit" those is a) if you live near there or b) want to hit up the FL to get "greased up" for the flight..
You forgot c) if I was on a paid ticket and needed to requal - I would definitely consider JFK.

To Gaucho100K - I will be able to confirm my plans by this Thursday. A lot has been going on so I just want to make sure I've thought things through. .
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
If you dont stop beating around the bush and CONFIRM you will be here for at least one of the big events, I will look into demoting you from your Ambassadorship to a 3rd Secretary position..... capische..??!!!
I see a 'Glasgow Kiss' in your future.....
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:30 pm

Great, I will list you on all group events then. Are you up for the charity wine tasting event...? This year, we will be asking for a AR$150 (Pesos) contribution.
Everything except the wine tasting. I gave up the hooch 12 years ago....
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have to obey the wife....I'm only a minion you know. A Spanish Vice Consul will always outrank a FT Ambassador.....even the Argentinian one. So don't expect a confirmation of my attendance and don't be booking anything on my behalf.
My appearance - if I do make it will be a short one so you won't be getting any money out of me. ^
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

I see a 'Glasgow Kiss' in your future.....
Sorry but I dont kiss Men, even if its a mafia thing....
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

I have to obey the wife....
Pollerita !!!!!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Everything except the wine tasting. I gave up the hooch 12 years ago....
No worries, the tasting involves only wine, no whisky...

On a more serious note, I will count you in only for the group meals then.... ^
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Pollerita !!!!!
Pollo more like!!!

Shall try to make it but can't confirm.

Hope the weather improves.....the house got hit by a rayo today and blew up the new television.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
No worries, the tasting involves only wine, no whisky...

On a more serious note, I will count you in only for the group meals then.... ^
Same for me, but I've not given up the hooch, so you can possibly count me in for a wine tasting (will confirm which, if any, later, but let's say Saturday for now).

Will certainly go to Colonía, likely on Monday, though, but no interest in soccer, more of a Rugby type... don't suppose Los Pumas are playing?

Last edited by GoldCircle; Aug 22, 2012 at 3:34 pm
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Will certainly go to Colonía
Forgot about that, +1 here too for Colonia.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Colonia Trip - IMPORTANT

For those wanting to go to Colonia on the day trip, please note that it is my suggestion that those wanting to do this "group up" here by posting your interest and then follow up via PM. The Colonia excursion is not something that I plan or book, I can just point folks in the right direction.... the usual way folks do this quite simple, you go to the Buquebus website and purchase a round-trip fare... this leaves you the flexibility to do what you want in Colonia, including where to eat, when to do what etc. All you have to worry about is making it back to the Port on time to catch you return trip.

For coordination purposes, I suggest those going try to achieve consensus on which ferry you want to take out and back...

Here is the Buquebus English website:

http://www.buquebus.com/BQBWebV2/web/ENG.Home
Old Aug 12, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Pollo more like!!!

Shall try to make it but can't confirm.

Hope the weather improves.....the house got hit by a rayo today and blew up the new television.
Doode.. have you ever heard about surge-protectors...???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.