Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do VIII (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:05 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Better late but safe....
Of course! It was just annoying when they kept pushing back the departure time.. But they just gave me 5000 miles. ^
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:39 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Of course! It was just annoying when they kept pushing back the departure time.. But they just gave me 5000 miles. ^
Nice..... ^

BTW, remember to sign up for Cow Do IX....

Master thread already started....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-new-post.html
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:53 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Sondra and I wish to extend a BIG thank you to Alex and David for all the time and effort they put into making this DO a success. I am afraid to get on the scale after all the fine meals.
We actually got home exactly 18 hours after leaving the Sheraton for the EZE airport. We both slept most of the way to IAH. This was our first time using Global Entry and we were through in about 30 seconds. Thanks again, Alex.^
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CubsGirl
Wine safe and sound and resting peacefully in the wine cooler.
For how long though?

Disappointed not to make the Do and add to the Irish contingent thanks to work but will get to Bs As and Terroir a week late on Mon. Oh well, there's always next year and the 10th anniversary Do. No doubt Alex will pull out all the stops yet again and even Hiddy may make an appearance (if he has time between flirting with Pucci).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Thank you Alex and all DO participants. Nathan and I had a great time. We made it to EZE before the rain. Unfortunately, the flight attendant spilled an entire drink on me when clearing dinner trays. I was in too good of spirits though after such a fun weekend. I hope to see everyone again, if not in BA then somewhere else in the world or in the sky.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oiRRio
Oh well, there's always next year and the 10th anniversary Do. No doubt Alex will pull out all the stops yet again and even Hiddy may make an appearance (if he has time between flirting with Pucci).
The wife has put a stop to that nonsense.

If next year is the 10th one then I really should come shouldn't I? Plan on going on holiday in the first half of the year....if the Government allows that is so that'll clear the way to attend.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The wife has put a stop to that nonsense.

If next year is the 10th one then I really should come shouldn't I? Plan on going on holiday in the first half of the year....if the Government allows that is so that'll clear the way to attend.
I wonder what will be easier to accomplish... Hiddy attending this Do or the K Regime allowing the Peso to free float....?

Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Many thanks to Alex for organizing Cow Do VIII. Fantastic venues, food, wine, great company and a wonderful city that EZE is. Brian and Catherine were on my flight back to IAH on Monday night. UA was quite a hit and miss. Hope to come over next time on EK.

Take care everyone and until next time. Hasta luego.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
Many thanks to Alex for organizing Cow Do VIII. Fantastic venues, food, wine, great company and a wonderful city that EZE is. Brian and Catherine were on my flight back to IAH on Monday night. UA was quite a hit and miss. Hope to come over next time on EK.

Take care everyone and until next time. Hasta luego.
Thank you for participating !!! ^

FYI, in case you want to consider coming down again...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...02-2013-a.html
Old Sep 7, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Was anyone on AA997 DFW-EZE that arrived on Aug 31? Well, if you were, then you were in an emergency.

At the same time an American Airlines Boeing 777-200, registration N791AN performing flight AA-997 (dep Aug 30th) from Dallas Ft. Worth,TX (USA) to Buenos Aires Ezeiza,BA (Argentina), had entered a hold near Buenos Aires at FL060 at 07:37L (10:37Z). After holding for 35 minutes the crew decided to divert and climbed out of Ezeiza but aborted the diversion about 15 minutes later declaring emergency and returning to Ezeiza Airport. The aircraft managed a safe landing on Ezeiza's runway 11 at 08:49L (11:49Z). Several departures were delayed despite improving weather conditions due to the emergency arrival of AA-997.
Big mess at EZE that morning. BA245 declared an emergency first and *might* have landed below minima, whereas AF418 was pissed off that the Brits were allowed to land while they had to divert to Cordoba. More here:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4555e531&opt=0
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by ULMFlyer
Was anyone on AA997 DFW-EZE that arrived on Aug 31? Well, if you were, then you were in an emergency.

Big mess at EZE that morning. BA245 declared an emergency first and *might* have landed below minima, whereas AF418 was pissed off that the Brits were allowed to land while they had to divert to Cordoba. More here:

Yep.. I was on that flight! We circled for awhile and then I saw on the inflight map we were diverting to Mendoza...
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ULMFlyer

Interesting... I wonder what the "experts" on some of the ATC boards are saying about the EZE tower performance. Also, if there was a minima event, this will all be documented and reported to the relevant international authorities, or....?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Yep.. I was on that flight! We circled for awhile and then I saw on the inflight map we were diverting to Mendoza...

Smitty06, friend and myself enjoyed a bit of circling as well. . Good to know what happened.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Folks.... just wanted to update all of those that attended the Charity Wine Tasting events, and of course thank all of you once again for helping with this cause. We raised a total of AR$3600, 3300 pesos through the normal "ticket" sales and the extra AR$300 from two FTers that made additional donations outside of the events.

A special thanks to oiRRio for his contribution as he came down a few days later, didnt get to participate but still insisted on making his donation !!! Kudos to you, Sir !!! ^
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:29 pm

Ah I can't believe it's been 9 yrs since I was last in Buenos Aires. I will be back there this weekend and going to Don Julio
Flying Machine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.