Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour. Saturday June 12, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
10 BRT's, and 10 trips to Coney Island.

I've made adjustments to the first post on page 1 to reflect additions and subtractions.

Originally Posted by jenniparks
Are we still going out to Coney Island? I thought i remembered someone mentioning it as part of the tour. I've been to nyc a gazillion times but never have been there.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by dhammer53
10 BRT's, and 10 trips to Coney Island.
I think that's because someone (I won't say who, but he is wearing a blue shirt and is in the middle of this photo), loves roller coasters

Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom911
I think that's because someone (I won't say who, but he is wearing a blue shirt and is in the middle of this photo), loves roller coasters

All good ideas come from the ground up. It was one of the riders on BRT 7 that suggested the ride. The guy in the blue shirt, believe it or not, does listen. Juammer, please take note.

First reminder... the BRT has a reputation for pushing back on time. Unlike the airlines, which close their doors 10 minutes prior to push, the BRT doesn't. Last year we departed at 10:03. I have been known to leave a person or 2 behind over the years. As many repeat riders will tell you, we have a lot to do during the day. Eating is time consuming.
Many people arrive between 9:30 - 9:45. N.B. Cell phone service on the block can be sketchy.

Late comers will be given directions to our first stop.

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm Reason: Couple of seats left. First come, first served.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:48 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""

Late comers will be given directions to our first stop.
A map left under a rock?
Oh, they probably don't have loose rocks laying around in that part of Manhattan.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
10 BRT's, and 10 trips to Coney Island. ...
... and one visit shortly after a "Mermaid Parade".
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Please mark me as a maybe, thanks! I haven't been to NYC in a while and I need an excuse to go!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
... and one visit shortly after a "Mermaid Parade".
2 BRT's, and already he's our historian.

Post 1 updated.

Info on WineDo 3 here >>> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post13870090

Open to everyone that can afford the $70 tab, plus the cost of a bottle of wine ($25 minimum).
If you don't drink, you're still invited. After a day of not spending $$ (AUD$) on Saturday, a few of us splurge on Sunday dinner.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
Please sign me up. Will send money by Paypal later today.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You're set.

1 seat left, and that's with 6 weeks to go. Wonder who's going to get lucky.

I'm going to save this seat for the Press... just in case. I have an e mail out.
If Randy decides to drop in, I'll have to give up my seat.

Standby list forms here:

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 30, 2010 at 11:57 am
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:05 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
....1 seat left....
I am tempted to buy the last seat so I have some place to put my gut on the trip back.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
I just booked my ticket so I am pretty sure I will be going. Can you please mark me as confirmed? Also, can you please PM me information on how I can pay for it? Thanks! Can't wait to see everyone!
Old May 3, 2010, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Please read this thread and stay updated.

1 seat left, and that's with 6 weeks to go. Wonder who's going to get lucky.

I'm going to save this seat for the Press... just in case. I have an e mail out.
If Randy decides to drop in, I'll have to give up my seat.

Standby list forms here:
Originally Posted by netfishpanda
I just booked my ticket so I am pretty sure I will be going. Can you please mark me as confirmed? Also, can you please PM me information on how I can pay for it? Thanks! Can't wait to see everyone!
netfishpanda, in post 171 you indicated that you were interested in coming on the BRT. As you can see, there is a waitlist. Please do not purchase a ticket to New York until you hear back from me confirming a seat. At this time, you're #2 (see below).

Note to all: please read this thread for (somewhat) important information when it gets bumped. I'd hate for someone to buy a ticket to NY if their seat isn't confirmed on the tour.

As of this writing, I'm saving a seat for Randy and 'the press'. If I don't hear back from the newsmedia by Friday, I'll confirm #1 on the waitlist (see below). I will hold Randys seat until the bitter end, unless I hear otherwise from 'the boss'.

Let's say you paid for a seat, and something comes up; and you can't make it to NY.

It's happened in the past. If I'm able to give your seat to a waitlisted person, I'll ask them to paypal you or send you a check. This way, everyone is happy. If you have to cancel, and I can't find a replacement, a refund will be forthcoming (if all expenses have been met; and as of today, they have. YMMV).

Have a question?? Please ask.

Waitlist:

sy7
netfishpanda
tmartazu

Last edited by dhammer53; May 3, 2010 at 6:58 am
Old May 3, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
wait-listed

Thanks for putting me on the wait-list! itsaboutthejourney convinced me this weekend in Kansas City (MCI BBQ Do) that this would be a great event to attend!
Old May 3, 2010, 10:03 am

Ah...I thought I had cleared the wait list. I should have looked closely!
Old May 4, 2010, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
My guess is -- with nearly 6 weeks still to go and more than 50 in the confirmed group -- that there WILL be a few cancellations, and therefore, the waitlisted people will eventually be accommodated.

But that's only an educated guess. Anything can happen. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.