Reload this Page >

10th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour. Saturday June 12, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour. Saturday June 12, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 10:43 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
The Thursday Night Dinner will be posted up tonight...I found the perfect place that doesn't require a trip to Washington Heights...
Classic Flyertalk: not only is there a pre-soup do to the all-day BRT eating extravaganza, and a post-wine do, but now there is a pre-pre do.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:48 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by willie--wonka
Since a number of us are flying in for BRT, it might make sense to organize a
shared ride post, so that some of us could travel into town together.

I'm flying in sfo-jfk, arriving at JFK 21:47 6/11/10. Anyone else arriving close to this time. I'm booked at the Roosevelt midtown.
Great idea, Willie, because who doesn't love to beat a NY cabbie out of half a fare, but as I will be arriving early for my own nefarious purposes, I doubt that I’d sync with anyone. But: I’m arriving Wed., June 9 @ 7:40 p.m. via AA.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by Jailer
Great idea, Willie, because who doesn't love to beat a NY cabbie out of half a fare, but as I will be arriving early for my own nefarious purposes, I doubt that I’d sync with anyone. But: I’m arriving Wed., June 9 @ 7:40 p.m. via AA.
Sounds like you can make all 4 events!

Last edited by El_Chiflero; May 20, 2010 at 10:59 am Reason: `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Old May 20, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
airport<=>city transportation

PM me your arrival & departure info if you would like to share transportation.

Arrivals
Wednesday 9
07:40pm AA Jailer

Thursday 10
04:10pm AA ???-JFK lili

Friday 11
07:03am UA SFO-JFK boxo +2
09:47pm UA SFO-JFK willie-wonka

Saturday 12
07:01am UA LAX-JFK MarshKing
07:00am UA LAX-JFK FlyinHawaiian
08:29am AA LAX-JFK Short hair Francis

Departures
Sunday 13
06:15 p.m. UA JFK-LAX FlyinHawaiian

Monday 14
04:00pm AA JFK-??? lili

Tuesday 15
11:00am UA JFK-SFO boxo +2

Last edited by boxo; May 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm
Old May 21, 2010, 12:03 pm

Ill probably make my annual appearance at this do at Spumoni Gardens with the wife and (newborn) kid.

See you there.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Larry - I hear we have a mutal friend. Hope you can make it; it would be great to meet you and your family!
Old May 21, 2010, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by ljp99
Ill probably make my annual appearance at this do at Spumoni Gardens with the wife and (newborn) kid.

See you there.
Didn't know about the new addition to the family! Congrats!!! ^
Old May 24, 2010, 8:28 am
In memoriam

Programs: United
Specific Departure Location?

Originally Posted by dhammer53
dhammer53 Brooklyn Reality Tour - Sat. June 12, 2010.

Pick up 10:00 Saturday morning in the Grand Central Terminal neighborhood. Drop-off at 10:00pm. We have a tradition of departing on time.
Can you save me browsing sixteen pages of commentary to provide a specific departure point on the first page? I know I saw it in there somewhere. We're taking the 7:55 out of New Haven. It gets in at 9:45, so even in a best case scenario, we're going to be cutting it close.
Old May 24, 2010, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by KenCT
Can you save me browsing sixteen pages of commentary to provide a specific departure point on the first page? I know I saw it in there somewhere. We're taking the 7:55 out of New Haven. It gets in at 9:45, so even in a best case scenario, we're going to be cutting it close.
Cutting it close. Call me when you get to 125th street. It's 10 minutes from there to GCT. If you arrive ontime at 9:45, it's a 5 minute walk. If you don't see people milling around, and/or if you don't see the bus... you can call me for directions to the Brooklyn Promenade. We'll depart from the promenade around 11:20 - 11:30.

As you know, the BRT will depart ontime. If you think you'll be a couple of minutes late, I can wait. Doors close at 10:00. Pushback at 10:03.

234 East 46 street between 2nd and 3rd Ave.

If you arrive at GCT on the upper level, make a left. You'll exit on Lexington Ave at 44th street. Walk up to 46th street and make a right towards 3rd ave.
Old May 24, 2010, 7:56 pm

Thanks Kathy and FlyinHawaiian

Yup - new addition just turned 6 months on Sunday.

See you at Spumoni Gardens.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Cutting it close. Call me when you get to 125th street. It's 10 minutes from there to GCT. If you arrive ontime at 9:45, it's a 5 minute walk. If you don't see people milling around, and/or if you don't see the bus... you can call me for directions to the Brooklyn Promenade. We'll depart from the promenade around 11:20 - 11:30.

As you know, the BRT will depart ontime. If you think you'll be a couple of minutes late, I can wait. Doors close at 10:00. Pushback at 10:03.

234 East 46 street between 2nd and 3rd Ave.

If you arrive at GCT on the upper level, make a left. You'll exit on Lexington Ave at 44th street. Walk up to 46th street and make a right towards 3rd ave.
Google Maps shows the pickup point, 234 E 46 St., to be a location with a "ny.aka.ny.aka.ny..." banner and scaffolding. I don't know if the banner and scaffolding are still there.

Will Dan be showing us how to put on the oxygen masks in case of an unexpected loss of bus pressure?
Old May 25, 2010, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Will Dan be showing us how to put on the oxygen masks in case of an unexpected loss of bus pressure?
No. Mouth-to-mouth. He loves giving mouth-to-mouth. Trust me on this...
Old May 25, 2010, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

iluv2fly >>> arrangement

Anyone want his seat?
Old May 26, 2010, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Google Maps shows the pickup point, 234 E 46 St., to be a location with a "ny.aka.ny.aka.ny..." banner and scaffolding. I don't know if the banner and scaffolding are still there...
Unlikely.

The photo of the building could have been taken anytime within the past few years. Google doesn't constantly take new photos of the same building!!! But meanwhile the building has had a succession of different names, as multiple incarnations of an extended-stay hotel/furnished corporate apartment type thingy. I would ignore any labeling on the building and focus on finding the address only!
Old May 26, 2010, 2:16 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Unlikely.

The photo of the building could have been taken anytime within the past few years. Google doesn't constantly take new photos of the same building!!! But meanwhile the building has had a succession of different names, as multiple incarnations of an extended-stay hotel/furnished corporate apartment type thingy. I would ignore any labeling on the building and focus on finding the address only!
Any of you recall how this address was ever picked as a pickup/drop off spot in the first place?

I will give you the first three letters......."N" "F" "L"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.