Wiki Posts
Search

MCI BBQ DO V - April 30 - May 2, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:02 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheBagman
So my guess of Outer Johnson County was pretty accurate then.

Originally Posted by monitor
At this point, I have reserved the Marriott Crown Center but this certainly is subject to revision. From what I understand, there are quite a few who feel that it is not necessary to stay in town for this Do since there is no Hotel Central and, with one or two exceptions, the venues are not downtown. Need anyone be reminded that the hotels at the airport, while admittedly a good ride in to town, are considerably less expensive than those downtown?
There are better deals to be had at the airport, but for those who might like to be walking distance to anything worth walking to, staying downtown, Crown Center, or the Plaza are recommended. FYI, there is no Marriott Crown Center.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Beckles
...FYI, there is no Marriott Crown Center.
I made the reservation a while ago when the DO was called and in the interim forgot that the place I reserved was the Marriott Country Club Plaza. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 2:38 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by monitor
This is a very good sign. From the depths of the CCU at Mass General this guy is showing that he is intent on getting back to normal. We sure do hope that he is right about that and we do get a chance to again sit at a dinner table with him in KC.

At this point, I have reserved the Marriott Crown Center but this certainly is subject to revision. From what I understand, there are quite a few who feel that it is not necessary to stay in town for this Do since there is no Hotel Central and, with one or two exceptions, the venues are not downtown. Need anyone be reminded that the hotels at the airport, while admittedly a good ride in to town, are considerably less expensive than those downtown?
First of all, re: violist, despite having consideable difficulty, he vowed while in Singapore to sign himself out AMA to go to Austin. He has always evidenced his quest in the direction described.

Having attended in a previous year, may I suggest a night at the infamous Airport Hilton MCI which often is available around $30 per night via Priceline. Expect little, recieve less, but it is a cheap bed.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Count me in!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
please move me from possible to confirmed.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:43 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
For those looking for a hotel on Friday night, a local boutique, the Hotel Phillips has a special on Groupon today for $69 that includes breakfast and "house wine". You may want to check and make sure it's available with the hotel before purchasing. The offer is only good through May 1, which is why it will only work on Friday night.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Please move me to confirmed.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 2:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I'm now confirmed. Flight booked and hotel reserved. Can't wait for some awesome BBQ!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 4:11 pm

Please put me down as very probably
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The snowstorm in Chicago meant that my 3:15pm flight home today was cancelled, and I had the luxury of stopping at Oklahoma Joe's for a late lunch. Some of the most outstanding brisket and smoked turkey I've ever had, as I wasn't in the mood for a half slab.

I am very much looking forward to going back there on May 1.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
put me down as probable.. I'm not sure if I will have to travel that weekend, but will let you know if I can come..

Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:09 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Killing some time before going out for drinks in Boracay and can't believe I hadn't seen this 'til now. Definitely in. I can taste the jumbo pork Z-man at Okie Joe's and the burnt ends at LC's already. Happy to have FT coming back to KC. Recruit others!!!!

Chris
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I tried to post this twice from the mobile site but my post never showed up :confused;

Mark me as a definite +1. We'll be staying at the President Hilton. Can't wait to go back to Oklahoma Joes!!!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:29 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by uva185
I tried to post this twice from the mobile site but my post never showed up :confused;

Mark me as a definite +1. We'll be staying at the President Hilton. Can't wait to go back to Oklahoma Joes!!!
LOL. I noticed that it showed your post as the latest one on the thread overview, but wondered what had happened to it when it wasn't there upon opening the thread. Definitely something wacky going on from a technical standpoint.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Please put me down as a probable.

Is anyone staying at the InterContinental?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.