Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
CitiGold is Citi's premium banking relationship. To remain a Citigold client, maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts. There is no monthly service fee for accounts in The Citigold Account Package.

Be aware that Citi Wealth Management will not allow any trading of non traditional stocks and ETFs. No leveraged ETFs, no inverse ETFs. Its brokerage service is similar to Chase YouInvest. It is just basic investment service.

1. Click HERE to read a separate thread discussing expiration of ThankYou Points when closing a Citigold account.

2. Citi has introduced Citi Priority with a minimum combined balance of $50K as of November 6, 2016. Those who were no longer qualified under the new Citigold requirement has been downgraded to Citi Priority. Discussion HERE.
Print Wikipost

Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2023, 2:45 pm

Substantial Changes for Citibank Deposit Accounts

https://online.citi.com/JRS/popups/ao/CDAA.pdf
I'll post this under CitiGold, but all tiers seem to be affected. It'll probably take sometime to unpack, but here are some most obvious points:
No more TY Points earned on deposit accounts;
Higher DD requirements for fee waivers;
"Packages" being renamed or replaced by "Tiers". I'm not sure if that's a signal for mix and matching of benefits.
Another new term is "Enhanced" Direct Deposits being required (no idea what's the difference).
dw likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxVO
https://online.citi.com/JRS/popups/ao/CDAA.pdf
I'll post this under CitiGold, but all tiers seem to be affected. It'll probably take sometime to unpack, but here are some most obvious points:
No more TY Points earned on deposit accounts;
Higher DD requirements for fee waivers;
"Packages" being renamed or replaced by "Tiers". I'm not sure if that's a signal for mix and matching of benefits.
Another new term is "Enhanced" Direct Deposits being required (no idea what's the difference).
Thanks for the link! Just came across this as I was trying to open a new CD account as an existing Citigold accountholder -- it appears that opening a new account online requires you to "convert" your account to Simplified Banking as part of the process. Otherwise, looks like existing accountholders will get converted sometime in 2024, so you'll get a few more months of earning ThankYou Points with your existing accounts at least...
Old Sep 1, 2023, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
... looks like existing accountholders will get converted sometime in 2024, so you'll get a few more months of earning ThankYou Points with your existing accounts at least...
True, the delay is welcome.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Just came across this as I was trying to open a new CD account as an existing Citigold accountholder
Same. Best I can see, the only real change for someone that has a CAMB ("Combined Average Monthly Balance") as they are calling it now of >$200k are the loss of Thank You points, and the loss of interest on checking accounts (my checking is currently 0.01% so that's hardly a big loss)

However being forced into this before being able to open a new CD, with no previously communication that the changes were coming, is simply annoying.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
What is the AF of AA Executive card if you're CitiGold? I've seen conflicting statements that the AF will be $350, but on the Citi website I can find that the AF will be reduced by $145.
Earn a $145 statement credit on your card each cardmember year when you are billed a $450 Annual Fee, have a qualifying Citigold account and remain a card member.2
https://citigold.citi.com/financial/citicards.html
Hi, can you check this link and see if the $145 statement credit is still there?

Last edited by himurakent; Sep 3, 2023 at 5:08 pm
Old Sep 3, 2023, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by IAD-SFO-TPE
fond the credit info at http://citi.com/citiprestige
Citigold banking relationship credit
"for each Authorized User on your account you will receive a $25 statement credit on your card."
I refuse to pay full fee over AU you got good deal.

​​​​​​​Do you have a similar link for the Citi AA world executive?
nall likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:28 am

Has anybody gotten a notice from Citi about being downgraded to a lower tier account from Citigold? We initially got Citigold through the Citi mortgage that was eventually sold to Cenlar but the initial terms were as long as I kept my mortgage, we would be Citigold members and I did get grandfathered in for 5 yrs after it was sold to Cenlar.
Old May 5, 2024, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Has anybody gotten a notice from Citi about being downgraded to a lower tier account from Citigold? We initially got Citigold through the Citi mortgage that was eventually sold to Cenlar but the initial terms were as long as I kept my mortgage, we would be Citigold members and I did get grandfathered in for 5 yrs after it was sold to Cenlar.
Yeah I got this too, they're adding fees for like $30k or under. Don't really see me keeping this account now...
Old May 6, 2024, 4:25 am

About a week ago I finally called Citi and cancelled all my deposit accounts with them that I accumulated over decades. It took like 2 hrs and there was no longer an option to do it online. I still need to close my now empty investment account, but at least there are no fees while I procrastinate with that.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:14 am

It’s not just Citigold being converted. There’s also info about it in the app and a countdown timer. Citi Simplified Banking
Old May 15, 2024, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by himurakent
Hi, can you check this link and see if the $145 statement credit is still there?
Is this benefit gone?
Old May 15, 2024, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by nall
Is this benefit gone?
I assume there would be more recent DPs, but I was reimbursed a few months ago (next statement after the AF posting).
Old May 16, 2024, 10:23 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Is this benefit gone?
I don't think so as I still see it advertised as a benefit. However, I still haven't gotten reimbursement for my Hulu charge from late April. It's usually reimbursed within a couple of days of posting. I wonder if the "conversion" tripped up the auto-reimbursement until it's fixed.

LAX
Old May 19, 2024, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
I don't think so as I still see it advertised as a benefit.
Where is the AF reduction still advertised? I can't find it.
Old May 20, 2024, 1:07 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Where is the AF reduction still advertised? I can't find it.
I didn't realize you were quoting AF reduction (vs. $200 subscription rebate) when I replied. However, when I emailed my banker about the AF rebate earlier this year because I didn't see it promoted as a benefit on Citigold's website, I received a PDF pamphlet confirming that it's still available. It's just not openly advertised (perhaps it's on the chopping block). You can confirm by emailing your banker about this.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.