Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
I want to do this as well. I have a question for you... do you apply for the personal cards both at the same time? In other words, do you submit one application and the next one right after, or do you wait for a few hours/days?
Well, I used to apply for AA MC online and then apply for AA Visa over the phone about 0.5-1hr later. But I wouldn't apply for the 2nd card until I got approved for the 1st, whether it be instant or after calling in.

Last edited by friedice; May 9, 2009 at 2:33 pm
Old May 9, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by whynotgo

Obviously, the current situation with Citicard is very variable and fluid.
You win teh prize for understatement of the year
Old May 9, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
When you are churning, how long do you wait after receiving the bonus until you cancel the card? Secondly, how long do you wait after cancelling a card before applying again? I understand the 60-90 day wait between application, but wasn't sure on the other details.
Old May 9, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
I want to do this as well. I have a question for you... do you apply for the personal cards both at the same time? In other words, do you submit one application and the next one right after, or do you wait for a few hours/days?
My recent experience

Personal cards - I have so many, I do not know how many (maybe 6-8). I apply every 60+ days. About 2 weeks ago, I applied and got another personal card. (after an initial denial for late citicard payments (this was not correct))

Business cards - As of 10 days ago, I had one. 10 days ago, I applied and was approved for a second business card.

In my experience, the dates between personal and business do not matter. Please apply and post your results. IF you are initially denied search my recent posts on denials for strategy and/or pm me.

Happy churning.
Old May 9, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by gejone
When you are churning, how long do you wait after receiving the bonus until you cancel the card? Secondly, how long do you wait after cancelling a card before applying again? I understand the 60-90 day wait between application, but wasn't sure on the other details.
I've been churning Citi AA cards for a couple of years and I always cancel the day after the miles post into my AA account. I pay the bill online on the day after the statement closes and the miles usually post a day or two after that. No need to keep it open as Citi limits the number of open accounts you can have.
Old May 9, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Anyone keep track of what bureaus Citi pulls? Normally, they always pull EQ for me... About 6 months ago, they started pulling EX, then went back to EQ after maybe 2 months...

On my most recent round, I applied for 3 cards:

1 biz - EX
2 personal - Both EQ

I think it's strange the personal and biz would pull different bureaus...
Old May 10, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Try www.CreditBoards.com . It is a free sight, where people can post info about " which credit reporting , in what area".
Old May 10, 2009, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Originally Posted by gejone
I've been churning Citi AA cards for a couple of years and I always cancel the day after the miles post into my AA account. I pay the bill online on the day after the statement closes and the miles usually post a day or two after that. No need to keep it open as Citi limits the number of open accounts you can have.
The miles post within a few days of the statement closing date regardless of whether you have paid the bill. The only reason to pay the bill before the payment-due date (and thereby give up the "float") is if you want/need to close the account prior to the payment-due date.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:38 am

I have a quick question. When applying my citi card, can I choose my wife's AA account for mile award deposit instead of mine?

I do business travel a lot but not she. I am just thinking if that could bump up her AA miles faster...
Old May 10, 2009, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by gggould
I have a quick question. When applying my citi card, can I choose my wife's AA account for mile award deposit instead of mine?

I do business travel a lot but not she. I am just thinking if that could bump up her AA miles faster...
Used to be possible, not now alas.
Old May 10, 2009, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by gggould

If she has a decent credit rating, apply for the card in her name, and add yourself as a second user. Then she can earn on your spend (or hers.)
Old May 10, 2009, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)The miles post within a few days of the statement closing date regardless of whether you have paid the bill. The only reason to pay the bill before the payment-due date (and thereby give up the "float") is if you want/need to close the account prior to the payment-due date.
Actually, even if the account is closed, payment of any unpaid balance is required (obviously), and so scheduled payments will go through. In other words, once can close the account early and still get the float. I have closed accounts with unpaid balances, and they showed "closed" on the web page. So the electronic payment would have to be scheduled before the account is closed (or one can pay by mail).

Not that float is worth much these days, interest rates being what they are.
Old May 11, 2009, 5:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
I made the mistake of applying for another Citi Visa too early. When I applied for the card, I thought it had been 60 days since my last application, but it was only 57 days, and as a result, I received a letter stating I can only apply once every 60 days. My question is, I just received the letter, and it is now more than 60 days since I last applied and received my card. However, it was just a few weeks ago when I applied and received the rejection letter. So, when am I eligible to reapply? Can I apply now? Or, do I have to wait 60 days from I applied a few weeks ago that resulted in a rejection letter? Thanks!

Oh, to add, and this might be the problem, I did apply for a Citi Visa Business card during or within the 60 day period from when I applied for and received my last Citi Visa personal card. However, I thought that the personal Visa and business visa were seperate. Perhaps I need to wait 60 days from when I applied for the Citi Business Visa? Any thoughts?

Last edited by swdke; May 11, 2009 at 6:19 am
Old May 11, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by swdke
I made the mistake of applying for another Citi Visa too early. When I applied for the card, I thought it had been 60 days since my last application, but it was only 57 days, and as a result, I received a letter stating I can only apply once every 60 days. My question is, I just received the letter, and it is now more than 60 days since I last applied and received my card. However, it was just a few weeks ago when I applied and received the rejection letter. So, when am I eligible to reapply? Can I apply now? Or, do I have to wait 60 days from I applied a few weeks ago that resulted in a rejection letter? Thanks!

Oh, to add, and this might be the problem, I did apply for a Citi Visa Business card during or within the 60 day period from when I applied for and received my last Citi Visa personal card. However, I thought that the personal Visa and business visa were seperate. Perhaps I need to wait 60 days from when I applied for the Citi Business Visa? Any thoughts?
MODS: PLEASE! PLEASE! CAN WE CREATE A STICKEY ON THESE TYPES OF QUESTIONS!!! These are asked and answered on every other page on this thread.

Jim
Old May 11, 2009, 12:16 pm

Why don't you just create a new thread to answer FAQs and then maintain it yourself by editing the first post?

I don't see how making this thread into a sticky or making a new thread into a sticky would help. (In fact some people don't like giving this topic any exposure in the first place.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.