Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by presario1626
Based on what I have read, if I booked the hotel through Citi portal, the rooms are actually sold from a block purchased by the OTA, that's why we make payment to OTA at the time of booking, not at the hotel. If this is the case, will I still get a folio/receipt from the hotel when checking out, or will I get a receipt from OTA since the payment was made to them? This is important when submitting travel expenses to my employer for reimbursement, I will need a receipt from the hotel, not OTA.
Typically, the hotel will direct you to the OTA for a receipt as the financial transaction was between the OTA and you; however, if you expensed any extras to the room, the hotel would be able to provide a folio for those transactions.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:11 pm

Be careful, I was just charged twice for a 4 night stay at a Hyatt. Once by Connexions and again by the hotel. Not only is this benefit significantly reduced (and not providing elite benefits), but it is causing me more headache to book and now fight double charges. Pretty much a useless benefit to me now.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by alexj7
Be careful, I was just charged twice for a 4 night stay at a Hyatt. Once by Connexions and again by the hotel. Not only is this benefit significantly reduced (and not providing elite benefits), but it is causing me more headache to book and now fight double charges. Pretty much a useless benefit to me now.
I've had double charges happen too, but I think that's an issue with every OTA, not particularly a Connexions issue, and if anything I'd place the blame on the local property.

But fixing it indeed is annoying. And if one didn't have a great stay interacting with the front desk all over again just adds to the sour experience.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:41 pm

the difference between an experienced traveler and a kettle victim is properly assigning blame
355F1 and akr1970akr like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Colin
the difference between an experienced traveler and a kettle victim is properly assigning blame
If you're in doubt, it's usually safe to blAAme Doug Parker !!!
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:04 pm

Has anyone booked a 4NF for someone who is not a cardholder? What is the process? Keep the guest name the same as the cardholder on the Thank You website and change the lead traveler name? Would that violate the 4NF terms (not according to the Thank You website, which says the guest name has to match but says nothing about the lead traveler name)? Or do you call the hotel later and say someone else will be checking in?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Any DPs on time to reimbursement lately? Booked under old regime; stayed post-changeover....
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Any DPs on time to reimbursement lately? Booked under old regime; stayed post-changeover....
My last reimbursement just posted early October for an early August stay booked through Concierge. I checked with Citi twice and both rep stayed that the 4th night credit is posted in 2 billing cycles which is exactly my case.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by abcx
Has anyone booked a 4NF for someone who is not a cardholder? What is the process? Keep the guest name the same as the cardholder on the Thank You website and change the lead traveler name? Would that violate the 4NF terms (not according to the Thank You website, which says the guest name has to match but says nothing about the lead traveler name)? Or do you call the hotel later and say someone else will be checking in?
In the post-September booking, I think you can book for authorized user while the old one only allowed primary card holder.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by llngoc
In the post-September booking, I think you can book for authorized user while the old one only allowed primary card holder.
Yeah, but I was asking if you wanted to book for someone who was not an AU.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Yeah, but I was asking if you wanted to book for someone who was not an AU.
I think it will work. When I was booking for my wife, I have to create a profile for her and all it asked was the name. And since booking on thankyou.com is prepaid, I don’t think you even need the same credit card when you check in.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by llngoc
I think it will work. When I was booking for my wife, I have to create a profile for her and all it asked was the name. And since booking on thankyou.com is prepaid, I don’t think you even need the same credit card when you check in.
Ahh, I see what you mean. You can create a Traveler Profile for someone else and check out with their name. There is some red print next to that which says that the Traveler Name must match the Cardmember or AU name, but it seems this is not enforced in giving the 4NF price while checking out online. Yeah, shouldn't need same card at check in. I guess the risk is they clawback the price difference later, which admittedly seems doubtful? Has anyone actually done this? Is your wife an AU on your card? I think the safer way might still be to book in your name and call the hotel later to change the name of the person checking-in on the reservation...
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:54 am

Are there data points on whether these bookings will earn elite benefits?

I am considering using the 4NF on a Hyatt reservation that I would like to upgrade to a suite with points. I obviously don't want to use the 4NF if I can't upgrade the room.

Any insights and/or data points would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Checkout 8/22, reimbursement posted 10/28 (67 days).
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by DDResq
Are there data points on whether these bookings will earn elite benefits?

I am considering using the 4NF on a Hyatt reservation that I would like to upgrade to a suite with points. I obviously don't want to use the 4NF if I can't upgrade the room.

Any insights and/or data points would be greatly appreciated.
In general we've rarely gotten loyalty benefits to apply to OTA bookings, which is what the TYP Portal 4NF bookings look like.

If we do get them, its something like a Hampton Inn letting us park in the Diamond/Gold spots close to the front, nothing to get excited about.

Personally I would not ascribe any value to the 4NF 'benefit'. My belief is that travelers should be able to get down to that net, all in rate by hotels.com craftiness, or for higher end properties, by seeing what deals are available on HFR, LHR, Prive, and other specialty agents. Even Costco has some very attractive deals, especially on resort type of all in things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.