Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question

If the hotel doesn't show up in the TYP portal, does calling in generally allow you to book some of those? The website implies it would ("Don't see your hotel listed? Call in now!") but I'm curious to see if anybody has had success in the past.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by milesforhire
If the hotel doesn't show up in the TYP portal, does calling in generally allow you to book some of those? The website implies it would ("Don't see your hotel listed? Call in now!") but I'm curious to see if anybody has had success in the past.
Please try that and let us know. It would be great if that worked.....
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
In general we've rarely gotten loyalty benefits to apply to OTA bookings, which is what the TYP Portal 4NF bookings look like.

If we do get them, its something like a Hampton Inn letting us park in the Diamond/Gold spots close to the front, nothing to get excited about.

Personally I would not ascribe any value to the 4NF 'benefit'. My belief is that travelers should be able to get down to that net, all in rate by hotels.com craftiness, or for higher end properties, by seeing what deals are available on HFR, LHR, Prive, and other specialty agents. Even Costco has some very attractive deals, especially on resort type of all in things.
You think it's possible to take advantage of the 4NF and then call the hotel to add your membership number to get elite benefits?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
You think it's possible to take advantage of the 4NF and then call the hotel to add your membership number to get elite benefits?
You can try, but I've never gotten it to truly work across various brands I stay with. No one has ever awarded points. They might give you a parking benefit, maybe a breakfast one.

The properties fundamentally don't like OTA bookings.

That being said I booked a stay yesterday where booking directly through the hotels website would have cost me about $100 more than the OTA I used.

This property didn't show up in Connexions but was available in other big OTA's.

So note that the platform itself is fairly cramped in their selection.

So as long as properties are unable to manage their pricing, customers will keep on using agents.

And that's not even counting that some OTA's have their own loyalty programs and that one can typically get a small portal kickback too.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:46 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
....call the hotel to add your membership number to get elite benefits?
Most chain hotels are franchises, and there is not the same consistency in decision making as there is at airlines. What works at one location may fail at another. You can show your elite credentials at check-in and see what happens. Much depends on staff training.
lsquare and akr1970akr like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by mia
Most chain hotels are franchises, and there is not the same consistency in decision making as there is at airlines. What works at one location may fail at another. You can show your elite credentials at check-in and see what happens. Much depends on staff training.
In other words, odds are pretty high, they won't recognize my elite status.

Thx. This perk is essentially useless for me then.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:53 pm

In other words, odds are pretty high, they won't recognize my elite status.

Thx. This perk is essentially useless for me then.
I would suggest checking prices for properties via multiple channels*.

For hotel bookings, I don't have one universal solution that works for all cases.

So I end up having to spend a little bit extra time to make sure I'm getting a fair price.

But I think its more important to pick the right property, and expend the most efforts on that.

In the majority of cases, I'll call the front desk and query them on all kinds of stuff (what floor, elevators, perks, transfers/shuttles, etc.)

I feel like people do a lot of research before buying $700 phones, but seem to think that 5 min on TripAdvisor / Yelp is enough for a $700 hotel wknd.

Of course FTers are not really in that camp and this is a great resource.

* if you are booking indy properties, loyalty programs may not mean much there to begin with.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Who would be the contact if I wanted to inquire about a 4NF booked and not yet rebated via the concierge prior to the September change? Citi customer service? The concierge?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by moe8555
Who would be the contact if I wanted to inquire about a 4NF booked and not yet rebated via the concierge prior to the September change? Citi customer service? The concierge?
Email the Concierge as a reply to your 4NF confirmation email they sent when booked. Attach a copy of your paid folio.

I did this for a stay last month and the credit appeared within a week or so.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Email the Concierge as a reply to your 4NF confirmation email they sent when booked. Attach a copy of your paid folio.

Originally Posted by moe8555
I contacted Citi customer service via chat but if you are less than 2 billing cycles after your stay, you may want to wait or you will get the standard response that credit appears in 2 billing cycles. Mine did at exactly 2 billing cycles. Stayed 8/8/2019 and billed to the 8/18 bill and the credit appears on on 10/18 bill.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:07 am

If I made a booking prior to 9/1 and travel plans have changed will they let me change the dates on the reservation?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tokaitalbo
If I made a booking prior to 9/1 and travel plans have changed will they let me change the dates on the reservation?
I was told adjusting the reservation for price drop is okay but adjusting the a different hotel and/or dates will not be eligible for 4NF.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:32 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by FindAWay

Same here.

they are seriously just lagging on posting those last bookings!

never once had an issue til they announced they wouldn’t be offering the concierge bookings anymore.

I still have about 5 upcoming stays booked with the concierge so I’ll be on top of those.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Just got the email yesterday for an end-of-August stay. Nearly 2.5 months after the stay!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I double-checked the rate of an upcoming booking at a Marriott property that I had made 6-8 months ago through the Citi Prestige Concierge and found that it was now a lot lower than when I originally made the reservation. I forgot that I had made it through the Congierge, and cancelled it manually myself via Marriott and made a new booking.

Do I need to inform the Citi Prestige Concierge of this, or will they contact me (as they should have received the cancellation notification)? The reason I am asking is that I mistakenly received the 4th night credit at the time of booking, despite it being a fully flexible rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.