Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as ďComplimentary 4th Night EligibleĒ, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I double-checked the rate of an upcoming booking at a Marriott property that I had made 6-8 months ago through the Citi Prestige Concierge and found that it was now a lot lower than when I originally made the reservation. I forgot that I had made it through the Congierge, and cancelled it manually myself via Marriott and made a new booking.

Do I need to inform the Citi Prestige Concierge of this, or will they contact me (as they should have received the cancellation notification)? The reason I am asking is that I mistakenly received the 4th night credit at the time of booking, despite it being a fully flexible rate.
That example right there is one reason why they have zapped this benny. They have never really figured out how to do this properly from an operational perspective in all the years.....
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by moe8555
Just got the email yesterday for an end-of-August stay. Nearly 2.5 months after the stay!
The credit has now posted.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:25 pm

The website is seriously lacking hotels or it finds the hotels but no availability. I call twice the 1-800 number and the travel agent told me that they have an interface almost identical to the website, and they have no way of looking for or booking hotels that are not available online. Anybody has any recent experiences?
estnet likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Are Hyatt Member rates (or hotel member rates in general) still bookable on the phone? thankyou.com does not display those rates for Hyatt at least.
Edit: nvm

Additional question - if a rate shows "Includes $0 taxes and fees" does this mean the hotel will collect taxes/fees during the stay?

Last edited by frudd38; Nov 17, 2019 at 7:41 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Basanez
The website is seriously lacking hotels or it finds the hotels but no availability. I call twice the 1-800 number and the travel agent told me that they have an interface almost identical to the website, and they have no way of looking for or booking hotels that are not available online. Anybody has any recent experiences?
That's a disappointing finding
355F1 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:36 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by milesforhire
That's a disappointing finding
Yikes.

not promising at all!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Thats the main reason I dropped Citi Prestige after they pushed thankyou.com bookings.
estnet likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Thats the main reason I dropped Citi Prestige after they pushed thankyou.com bookings.
It'll be a challenge just to use the2 4FNs per year at this rate lol....
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:10 am

I recently made a reservation online.
  • The search function is not effective ó there were hotels that didnít show in search results but would come up if I didnít use the search and only did sort/filter all hotels within that city.
  • When I clicked on a specific hotel for availability, sometimes it said none but would change if I clicked on it again.

So it took me a few hours to research hotels, prices, and then go back and book. I was at first confused why multiple properties were showing no availability all of a sudden. I use Chrome and didnít think to try another browser.

I will see if I can get use out of this for boutique hotel stays.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:09 am

I recently used the fourth night credit x2 and I've seen DP of the credit taking up to two billing cycles to post. I'm actually planning on cancelling the card in the next month or so. What happens when I cancel the card and the credit still hasn't posted?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by renegurl
I recently made a reservation online.
  • The search function is not effective ó there were hotels that didnít show in search results but would come up if I didnít use the search and only did sort/filter all hotels within that city.
  • When I clicked on a specific hotel for availability, sometimes it said none but would change if I clicked on it again.

So it took me a few hours to research hotels, prices, and then go back and book. I was at first confused why multiple properties were showing no availability all of a sudden. I use Chrome and didnít think to try another browser.

I will see if I can get use out of this for boutique hotel stays.
Best strategy is to use other tools to determine what hotels you are willing to stay at, and then when you are ready to book, see if they come up in the TYP portal. Sometimes it has to do with what hotels have inventory available via Booking, Expedia, etc. There have been weird cases where a hotel was 'sold out' for direct bookings with them but availability was there on TYP portal ! Its suboptimal for sure, especially in smaller towns, or places where you are very certain you are willing to stay at one, and only one, property. And even after all that...the net rate even with the 4NF may end up being no better than a direct or other travel agency booking.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Question on the 2x limit/year on the new Fourth Night Free benefit -- is it twice per year by booking dates or stay dates? For example, if I make a booking now for a stay in January 2020, does it count towards my 2x limit for 2019 or 2020?

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by frudd38
Additional question - if a rate shows "Includes $0 taxes and fees" does this mean the hotel will collect taxes/fees during the stay?
bumping this question, TIA
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:52 am

Is it possible to make a booking with 4th night free and select a different room than what you see on thankyou portal? Trying to plan my family's vacation, and I'd like to get an ocean view room, but the only rooms in the thankyou portal don't have ocean views. Could I make the booking through the thankyou portal, then call the hotel directly and ask for a different room and then tell them to charge me the difference?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
Is it possible to make a booking with 4th night free and select a different room than what you see on thankyou portal? Trying to plan my family's vacation, and I'd like to get an ocean view room, but the only rooms in the thankyou portal don't have ocean views. Could I make the booking through the thankyou portal, then call the hotel directly and ask for a different room and then tell them to charge me the difference?
Hotels show different 'inventory' to different booking channels. Unfortunately that's another one of the TYP portal's problems, but is endemic to all OTAs. I was looking at a prospective hotel last night across multiple booking channels and they all had different availability of rooms. In this case booking direct seemed to have the best spectrum of rooms, as well as best net price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.