Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Most Citi "Protection" benefits and Price Rewind discontinued September 22, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Citi "Protection" benefits and Price Rewind discontinued September 22, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by jamflyer
Which Chase card?
Sapphire Reserve
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:07 am

I have what may be a stupid question. We have never needed to use travel protection, thankfully, so I am not sure what it covers etc. We have an upcoming trip in Dec. that needs to be paid off in early November. We had planned on putting it on our Costco Citi, so would you all recommend we just pay it off before Sept. 21? If we do pay it off before Sept. 21, would the travel protection cover our Dec. 2019 trip? Thanks in advance for any answers!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by katmarie21
.... If we do pay it off before Sept. 21, would the travel protection cover our Dec. 2019 trip? Thanks in advance for any answers!
Does the notice that you received from Citi include this sentence?

Coverage for purchases made before that date will continue to be available, and you may continue to file for benefits in accordance with the current benefit terms.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mia
Does the notice that you received from Citi include this sentence?
Unfortunately, I think I threw away any notice we might have received in the mail. When I logged into our account this morning, a message popped up about it ending Sept. 22 and then disappeared. We have looked on our account online and cannot find any information.....
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:00 pm
mia

Look on your July statement. The PDF copy should be available online.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver

I’ll just add since this thread hasn’t been used for a while - the Chase BA card - additional benefits as of the date I received this email on 9/11/2019.
My AA Citi exec world elite - being downgraded in Jan at my own request. Not worth the $450 a year, and I get sapphire now with BAEC silver, so get access to the lounges etc.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:51 pm

Just got approved for a $78 price refund adjustment

Nice to go out with a "bang"
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:54 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Rumor has it Michael Corbat is on his way out because Citi has missed their profit marks over the last few years...
Not this time:

Citigroup Inc (C.N) beat analysts’ estimates for quarterly revenue and profit on Tuesday, as growth in its consumer banking business tempered weakness in trading....Consumer business was padded by more U.S. credit card customers beginning to pay interest as promotional periods wore off. North America branded card revenue jumped 11% in the third quarter. Expenses in the consumer business fell 2%.....Citi also reached a key efficiency target. The third-largest U.S. bank by assets hit a return on tangible common equity (ROTCE) of 12.2%, above the goal of 12% it has promised investors for the year.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1WU1NQ
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Just got approved for a $78 price refund adjustment

Nice to go out with a "bang"

My husband called soon after we heard they announced this with all the documentation that we had never gotten said he should have received and we got back about $400. Totally sleezy timing just after the annual fee posted.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Ugh, Citi DC dropped extended warranty for purchases after September.

I have a purchase from April but their claims site says the card doesn't have extended protection even though I entered the April date.

The benefit was pretty generous, like it used to extend it two years. I can't believe they dropped it entirely.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wco81
Ugh, Citi DC dropped extended warranty for purchases after September.

I have a purchase from April but their claims site says the card doesn't have extended protection even though I entered the April date.

The benefit was pretty generous, like it used to extend it two years. I can't believe they dropped it entirely.
You should call the benefits number. Coverage should still apply for purchases made in April.
themicah likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.