Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Extended Warranty [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Does your card's coverage include this exclusion?
Not sure. I bought the AirPods on either my Prestige or AT&T Access More card.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The Wikipost of this thread contains links to the benefits booklets for most cards.

Changes to Citi card insurance 11/23/14 and 5/15/2016.

Prestige has been updated since 2016, see here:

https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/~/...R20_FINAL.ashx
joe_miami likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Thanks very much. Looks like I'll be okay with my claim, but we'll see.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I thought there was a master thread for Citi extended-warranty questions but I couldn't find it with a search. I bought AirPods on a Citi card (which I still have) back in early 2017. The AirPods are now failing — they won't hold a charge for more than about an hour — and the one-year Apple warranty has expired. Apple is quoting $69/each to replace them, which is only about $20 less than the price for a new pair plus a new charging case.

My understanding is the AirPods should be covered under Citi's extended warranty for about another year. Has anyone filed a similar claim with Citi? I can't find any exemptions that would apply to failing batteries, but it's possible I missed something. I have the repair estimate and a case number from Apple. Thanks.
There is no "exemption for batteries." The Citi extended warranty does just that - extends the Apple's original warranty. So if Apple covers failing batteries in their warranty (which I'm sure they do), then so will Citi (or any other extended warranty).
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Bump... Any recent data points about this?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
What was the outcome on this? I have an 18 month old Samsung Watch with a severely reduced battery capacity, and remembered that the card I used has this. Not sure if a battery falls under normal wear and tear, or a covered item.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:56 am

Bump
With Citi taking away Extended Warranty on the Prestige, I'm definitely considering downgrading next year. But we purchased a few items using the Prestige specifically for the Extended Warranty (extra 2 years vs. 1 year). So... I'm definitely curious if anyone knows the answer to this if we downgrade.

Thx
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DFW1972
Bump
With Citi taking away Extended Warranty on the Prestige, I'm definitely considering downgrading next year. But we purchased a few items using the Prestige specifically for the Extended Warranty (extra 2 years vs. 1 year). So... I'm definitely curious if anyone knows the answer to this if we downgrade.

Thx
I'm pretty confident that Citi's insurance provider (866-918-4670) knows the answer to your question.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:22 am

According to this post in the devaluation thread, it will not:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31236940-post64.html

But given how pertinent the question is, it probably deserves its own thread.
DFW1972 and lamont2718 like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:57 am

I had a claim for ~$35 for a Kindle Fire which died. I went around & round with them for 2 months before they finally paid it. They kept insisting that I take it to an "authorized repair center." Great, but Amazon does not have such a thing. I'd forward over chat transcripts from Amazon stating as much, but then it'd start all over again and they'd demand a repair bill from a repair shop. Finally I got ahold of someone who wasn't a script zombie, realized that it was only $35 for a new tablet...and approved it.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by KRSW
I had a claim for ~$35 for a Kindle Fire which died. I went around & round with them for 2 months before they finally paid it. They kept insisting that I take it to an "authorized repair center." Great, but Amazon does not have such a thing. I'd forward over chat transcripts from Amazon stating as much, but then it'd start all over again and they'd demand a repair bill from a repair shop. Finally I got ahold of someone who wasn't a script zombie, realized that it was only $35 for a new tablet...and approved it.
Ugh.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
We've sent back Kindle Fires a few times to Amazon and been sent refurbished ones as replacement.

That might be faster/easier than dealing with Purchase Protection for this kind of event.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:34 am
mia

I had a claim for ~$35 for a Kindle Fire which died.
Was the Kindle still in warranty?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:00 pm

The Kindle was a good 6 months out of warranty. Still well within the Citi warranty.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:27 am
mia

The Kindle was a good 6 months out of warranty. Still well within the Citi warranty.
Thank you. This means it was an Extended Warranty claim, rather than a Purchase Protection claim. I have created a separate thread and moved this discussion into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.