FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Extended Warranty [Consolidated]
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:59 pm
flyershmlyer

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I thought there was a master thread for Citi extended-warranty questions but I couldn't find it with a search. I bought AirPods on a Citi card (which I still have) back in early 2017. The AirPods are now failing — they won't hold a charge for more than about an hour — and the one-year Apple warranty has expired. Apple is quoting $69/each to replace them, which is only about $20 less than the price for a new pair plus a new charging case.

My understanding is the AirPods should be covered under Citi's extended warranty for about another year. Has anyone filed a similar claim with Citi? I can't find any exemptions that would apply to failing batteries, but it's possible I missed something. I have the repair estimate and a case number from Apple. Thanks.
There is no "exemption for batteries." The Citi extended warranty does just that - extends the Apple's original warranty. So if Apple covers failing batteries in their warranty (which I'm sure they do), then so will Citi (or any other extended warranty).