Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Secure messaging is no longer available via:
Services
  • Credit Card Services /
    • Request a Credit Limit Increase /
      • Request Your Card Agreement (at left)
However, it may be available via (but as of late May 2019 this method, too, seems to be not working):
Print Wikipost

Citi Secure Message - now read only?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I chatted with citi to close a card and they refused and said I had to call.
I was able to lower a credit limit (something I used to do via secure message) via chat yesterday.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:18 am

A new development: I had used the trick to send a secure message. Nothing happened in 24hrs. Came to the office this morning to find a voice mail from C*ti on my work phone (why?) left at 8.40pm last night. "We have received your request for bonus match sent via secure message. We will get in touch with you tomorrow regarding your request." Now, the big question is whether to answer C*ti's follow-up call. Not looking good folks; not looking good
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:48 am

Chat Agent Said "Citi working on it as we speak"

The other day I really needed to send a SM regarding a statement's missing bonus miles, but encountered the issue. I attempted to Chat, which was a complete waste of 30 minutes! The Chat agent couldn't put the missing miles into my account and gave inaccurate info on when they would be credited, and then advised me to call. Really don't have time for all the back and forth right now. A simple SM usually does it. The Chat agent said Citi was "working on the site as we speak" and the SM or equivalent should be restored/updated soon. Let's hope that's right!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AA, United
SM for a match from 60k to 75k miles. Account credited with 15k miles in 24 hours.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:49 pm

Sent an SM thru the regular "Contact Us" to close a card 2 days ago. The card was close today.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:14 pm

I successfully closed a citibusiness card using the SM workaround.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:40 pm

Another DP: got a phone call from C*ti after sending a SM using the workaround. The rep said they we 'decommissioning' their secure message center and could not reply. Hence, the call. Matched from 40K mailer to 60K. Already met min spend for 40K.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:56 pm

I tried a chat window as an alternative. But somehow, the only way for me to type in the chat window (or even get a cursor in there) was to hold a mouse pointer in the chat window while typing with the other hand. Alternatively I could type a response in a Note pad, then cut & paste it into the chat window.
The above problem was equally experienced in Firefox and Opera browsers so far. There have been no other websites with such a weird issue.

As far as the agent's response, it was the same/faster than using SM.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I tried a chat window as an alternative. But somehow, the only way for me to type in the chat window (or even get a cursor in there) was to hold a mouse pointer in the chat window while typing with the other hand. Alternatively I could type a response in a Note pad, then cut & paste it into the chat window.
The above problem was equally experienced in Firefox and Opera browsers so far. There have been no other websites with such a weird issue.

Dude, seriously, upgrade from Windows XP...don't you think it's about time?
edit: guys, I was only joking...who uses XP nowadays?

Last edited by fredc84; Nov 16, 2018 at 7:59 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
No, I don't have XP.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by MaxVO

Originally Posted by fredc84
I too had that problem with latest version of windows and chrome.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I too had that problem with latest version of windows and chrome.
I have run into problems of this type for other things but it wasn't necessarily a windows issue or the site. If you have some security plugins for your browser or even the security settings for the browser itself set a certain way, that can interfere with how the websites function. May not be the case for you, but it is a possibility.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by zmicer88
The rep said they we 'decommissioning' their secure message center and could not reply. Hence, the call.
I sent a request to close an account. No reply, but account was closed.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
I sent SM Sunday Nov-18, no reply after 2 working days (Mon+Tue).
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I sent a request to close an account. No reply, but account was closed.
Same here. No reply but account closed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.