Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Can Citi Prestige 4th nt Free be used booking Costco Vacation Pkg?

I'm looking at booking 5nt stay at the Westin Playa Conchal in Costa Rica.

For my dates the current SPG / AAA rate is $423/nt for 2 guests (all inclusive resort). I inquired with Citi concierge for booking, though they only listed 4th night free credit of $374.42 (I'm still waiting on reply why its not $423). So 5nt rate came to $1741.08.

Costco vacation packages has same 5 nts at $1768 and includes RT airport transportation (which is about $180) and also include $60 excursion credit.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used 4th nt free benefit combined with costco package? Is this possible? I've emailed Citi concierge and while waiting on reply I figured I'd ask here. TIA
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
......4th night free credit of $374.42 (I'm still waiting on reply why its not $423). ...
Are any taxes included in the $423 rate?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Are any taxes included in the $423 rate?
I guess so, they did reply back on that inquiry and that booking says 13% of all inclusive rate is taxes/fees. No reply yet on whether benefit can be used on costco pkg . .but since that includes airport transportation of 60 min ea way I will likely end up booking with costco and canceling the SPG booking.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If you can pull the Costco pkg up on Westin.com, then Citi should be able to book. If not, probably no.

Last edited by seawolf; Feb 25, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodtasting
i am planning on doing a 6-month trip through europe, africa, and south america, and am considering getting this card purely for the 4th night benefit (and also the 3hr delay benefits).

however, i'll mostly be doing the budget route and trying to stay at hostels and airbnbs (will likely try to keep the $/night rate to less than $50usd or even less if possible).

i read about a lot of experience of getting 4th nights free at nicer hotels, but does anyone here have any experience with budget accommodation availability with this card? i've read on TPG that hostels are acceptable, but airbnbs and other apartment situations are not.

looking forward to any input!

my main cc at the moment is the sapphire reserve so i'll also have to make a decision as to whether to keep both if i sign up for the prestige.
If you are going to be spending $50/night on hotels I don't know how much value you will get from this card.

You can get the 4th night free through any hotel that you can book through their concierge, which should be just about any hotel. But the fee is $200/year after you get the travel credit so if you are pulling in the occasional $50 free night (which you still have to pay taxes and fees on) the value of the hotels is not exceeding your fee until you have 5 free nights. That is a lot -- 5 stays of 4+ nights in a year.

CSR is a better overall card IMO. I got my prestige today and I also have the CSR... I'll be keeping both but I expect to save $2k on a single trip that I have planned in this spring. It sounds like you will be struggling to get enough stays to even break even on the card -- my general rule is that if there's not clear value on things that you buy anyway it's not worth it. I used to sign up for every card under that sun that gave me marginal value and it was a hassle to keep track of, and more work than it was worth. Up to you, of course, but I wouldn't bother.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:28 pm

Just came back from our Honeymoon and had 2 different villas booked. The first villa gave me issues and required a supervisor approval, but the second went through without any issues. Not sure if it's new/old news. Just FYI.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Has anyone tried booking a MO under the new Fans of MO scheme using the Citi Prestige 4th Night Free benefit?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
In the past I've been able to have Citi call the hotel directly to book nights that weren't available online (i.e. past the booking window) that I had previously negotiated directly with the hotel (so they have my booking already created in their system).

Has anyone done something similarly recently? Basically the idea is that the hotel has the booking created and knows to wait for the travel agent to call and process it.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:50 am

same advice always is first to let conceirge create new booking via the standard process on some date with online availability and similar price

few days later, call conceirge for a date change and suggest you conference in the hotel directly.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:49 am

Citi Prestige 4th night free -- Using another name/SPG # for reservation... possible?

So I have a Citi Prestige card, my gf has Platinum SPG status. I'd ideally be able to book and pay for the reservation with my Citi Prestige card to get the 4th night free, but book it under her name / SPG # to get the perks.

When I called, the Travel Agent said that by adding her name/using her SPG #, the reservation would no longer be in my name and that would disqualify me from the 4th night free credit.

Any thoughts on if this is actually true / how to make this work?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CLKeenan
So I have a Citi Prestige card, my gf has Platinum SPG status. I'd ideally be able to book and pay for the reservation with my Citi Prestige card to get the 4th night free, but book it under her name / SPG # to get the perks.

When I called, the Travel Agent said that by adding her name/using her SPG #, the reservation would no longer be in my name and that would disqualify me from the 4th night free credit.

You can try calling the hotel but there is a risk of losing either the 4th night credit or the SPG credit and benefit. You should pick which is more important and be prepare to forgo the other. There is a slight chance you can have both but that depends on whether Citi audits the stay (by obtaining folio from hotel) prior to posting the credit which they tend to do more nowadays.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by CLKeenan

You can try giving the rep at the hotel your SPG# at checkin. I've done this before, they can usually do that so long as you're also staying there.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:28 pm

book as you via conceirge, change to wifey with spg, complete stay, morning of departure call reception to finalize bill w elite credits, at checkout change name to you and say required for expense report
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If you are going to be spending $50/night on hotels I don't know how much value you will get from this card.

You can get the 4th night free through any hotel that you can book through their concierge, which should be just about any hotel. But the fee is $200/year after you get the travel credit so if you are pulling in the occasional $50 free night (which you still have to pay taxes and fees on) the value of the hotels is not exceeding your fee until you have 5 free nights. That is a lot -- 5 stays of 4+ nights in a year.

CSR is a better overall card IMO. I got my prestige today and I also have the CSR... I'll be keeping both but I expect to save $2k on a single trip that I have planned in this spring. It sounds like you will be struggling to get enough stays to even break even on the card -- my general rule is that if there's not clear value on things that you buy anyway it's not worth it. I used to sign up for every card under that sun that gave me marginal value and it was a hassle to keep track of, and more work than it was worth. Up to you, of course, but I wouldn't bother.
thanks for the reply! i don't think i'll necessarily have issues with getting enough stays since i'll be traveling for 6 months continuously but like you mention, it would likely be peanuts compared to what most people reap around here. considering the lack of good sign-up bonus, perhaps i'll wait it out and just keep using my CSR!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How long does it take to get the travel credit now? Checked out on 19th Feb still waiting for 4th night credit to be applied.

They used to be much quicker before!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.