Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
wife rcvd a 60K offer with 3K spend, offer code is tied to last name, I tried my last name no luck. My wife credit score is 650-700 range, anyone know how much Citi need for apply go through?
I would give it a shot for your wife and see how it goes, if you want card for yourself, apply for the 50k offer, send a SM after approved to match your card to the 60k offer.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
From what I've read, 650 is probably a no, while 700 gives her a chance. Has she been approved elsewhere recently?
From what I've read, (and of course it also depends on lots of variables like income and depth of credit history), 650 is right at the minimum for a Plat card. 700 should be fine, at least for a Plat, but maybe on the low side for a higher level card like a Prestige.

I'd definitely apply, since all you risk is a HP. If she gets denied, from what I've read, if you add her as an AU to the cards you use the most for the next 6 months, that should increase her odds of an approval next time.

Remember to use the total combined Household income on the income line of the app. Assuming both of your incomes are available to pay off your combined charges, you add both of your incomes, and you each list that as "your" income when you apply. Federal Law makes that legit.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MadMadso
Haha. I feel the same way about the records in the database! It's definitely the business credit line. Your long ago closed cards are not in play here. This summer when I checked, the closed card's credit line took about 3 months to return to me (several $5k execs). I'd reduce your business card before applying for #3, and then you'll get back to the big $$ auto approval.
How about line reduction? How long it takes to get the reduction back?

Husband is in the similar situation - after 18 months of 13.5K on every approval (all instant, all HHs) he is hitting the snag even though he only has 1 HH left. His Premier 2 in June (the 1 is from many years ago) is only 9.5K. The following AAs in Aug and again in Nov were 1.5K initially and both were deferred. We moved 3.5K from the idle HH to make the 2nd AA a 5K, but only 3K to the 3rd AA now a 4.5K. The 3rd AA opened on 11/03 and still not converted yet. Not sure it is because of using the popped up offer or because it has not had 5K CL.

I am itching to close his 2 existing WEs but really prefer after the current W is converted. Does not look anytime soon. Statement should have closed yesterday but did not. Waiting for the 50+10 on this statement.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:08 pm

My wife applied for and received the card with a 50,000 and has had it for 1 month but just received a targeted offer in the mail for 60,000, will they match it on the card she already has?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
My wife applied for and received the card with a 50,000 and has had it for 1 month but just received a targeted offer in the mail for 60,000, will they match it on the card she already has?
Yes they will,just send them a SM asking them to match the 60k offer
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
received mailer for 60K offer...T&C does not seem to have 18 months condition. I already had opened one recently and it still Platinum World (not WE) so its safe to assume that i will get this bonus irrespective of earlier AA card? any experiences so far?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:00 am

I think we all agree that Citi's motivation for the W to WE conversions is the higher merchant fees which more then offsets the cost of the additional WE services to the card holder. So, why is the product not offered as a WE from the beginning? It would be great marketing for the card to list all the WE features a lot of check boxes on the advertising. Does MC limit what cards can be offered as WE from the start? From a merchant stand point why is WE a higher merchant fee? Is it because WE customers are "better" (i.e. higher income) than non-WE customers?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:01 am

Screwed up

I can't figure this out exactly from the wiki, but hopefully this is not a stupid question. I applied for another citi AA card about a year after the last one and was approved. However, I never got any bonus miles as it seems citi started enforcing the 18 month minimum. Did I accidentally reset the clock and now I have to wait another 18 months to get a card (for a total of 12 + 18)?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by techoin
received mailer for 60K offer...T&C does not seem to have 18 months condition. I already had opened one recently and it still Platinum World (not WE) so its safe to assume that i will get this bonus irrespective of earlier AA card? any experiences so far?
I don't have a 60k offer, but I got two separate targeted offers over the summer for 50k without the 18 month language. I applied for both and received bonuses on both cards. I think you will be ok. If you want to be safe, wait until your current card is converted to WE.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Two questions:
- I have a Platinum Select opened back in January 2014. That means I've had it for ~23 months, and theoretically, I'd qualify for another bonus. Is that correct?

- Anyone know how long these offers will last?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by blake41
I can't figure this out exactly from the wiki, but hopefully this is not a stupid question. I applied for another citi AA card about a year after the last one and was approved. However, I never got any bonus miles as it seems citi started enforcing the 18 month minimum. Did I accidentally reset the clock and now I have to wait another 18 months to get a card (for a total of 12 + 18)?
You didn't give any dates, so here is the generic answer. If the cards you applied for were less than 18 months ago, you have to wait 18 months from when you applied for any/all of them to apply again. Assuming you want to get a sign up bonus. In which case, yes, you reset the clock.

UNLESS, that card/cards was issued as a World, and has now been upgraded to a World Elite. In which case you can apply whenever you want. Because once it's upgraded to a WE, it's as if the plain W never happened.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Do we have any data points for anyone applied for a platinum card didn't get the bonus; waited for the new card to convert to WE, apply again and get the bonus?
Originally Posted by ninim2200
Thank You. i don't believe there was a followup confirmation of the bonus.
There has not been a follow up by original poster. His assessment was based on offers showing up on the pre-qualified website. He never came back to confirm that his wife indeed got the offer.

Considering that my wife is in same situation. She closed an old W card that was never converted to WE 2 months ago. Last week she applied and received a new W card, with no bonus, as expected. Now I cannot tell for sure if she waits for that card to convert to WE and then apply again, will she get the bonus on the new card?

It would be great if original poster Carl Christensen can confirm if he got the bonus in his similar situation.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:54 pm

Double post

Last edited by MadMadso; Dec 15, 2015 at 8:12 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
How about line reduction? How long it takes to get the reduction back?

Husband is in the similar situation - after 18 months of 13.5K on every approval (all instant, all HHs) he is hitting the snag even though he only has 1 HH left. His Premier 2 in June (the 1 is from many years ago) is only 9.5K. The following AAs in Aug and again in Nov were 1.5K initially and both were deferred. We moved 3.5K from the idle HH to make the 2nd AA a 5K, but only 3K to the 3rd AA now a 4.5K. The 3rd AA opened on 11/03 and still not converted yet. Not sure it is because of using the popped up offer or because it has not had 5K CL.

I am itching to close his 2 existing WEs but really prefer after the current W is converted. Does not look anytime soon. Statement should have closed yesterday but did not. Waiting for the 50+10 on this statement.
Hey Happy - I've checked the dates when I've reduced the limits and if it's available the next time I apply (meaning auto approval- no need to call in). I've had it available the day after I receive the email saying they've reduced it, and I've had it take weeks. I can only imagine that it is something like the 15th and 30th. (I reduced it one time on Friday the 14th and it was available on Sunday the 16th.). It's not the weekend because I've had others where I've lowered it (received the confirmation email) on a Wednesday and it wasn't automatically available on Sunday ( but when I called in, after several holds, they gave me my usual amount.) So not sure if they could 'see' that I lowered it?

On another note and as a data point, after # 4 converted to WE, I product changed #1. Then I applied for #5 and received the 50k confirmation letter.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:48 pm

I want to be sure I understand this correctly; if my card gets converted I will receive a new card. Is that correct? Is this the only definitive way to know I was converted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.