Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Originally Posted by Happy
You mean the AA account balance does not show up on the 3-month-old card?

I would not be concerned on that as I have seen the AA balance completely missing from random cards before,
Yes, that is what I am referring to. It just says "Mileage not available" or something to that effect for that one card.

I do plan on keeping a close eye on her AAdvantage miles balance for the next few months, especially after she gets the 60,000 mile bonus, which should be next month.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elc2414
Yes, that is what I am referring to. It just says "Mileage not available" or something to that effect for that one card.

I do plan on keeping a close eye on her AAdvantage miles balance for the next few months, especially after she gets the 60,000 mile bonus, which should be next month.
That happened a few times on my husband's cards. It is totally random. Chalk it up to the incompetency of Citi's IT. Lots of bugs some are trivial some are more critical - such as now I discover that a deleted payment account still shows up as eligible account for making direct deposit redemption on the Cash Back card. Citi SM reply said "the card requires additional reviews and it will send a MAIL detailing the outcome after further investigation..." The system design probably never take into consideration that people may close existing bank accounts that were used as payment accounts to Citi before!

On a side note, has your wife's latest card converted yet? DH's card opened on 11/03 used the pre-qual link instead of 4c and it is still a W. Citi does agree to add additional 10K to match the 60K offer. 2nd statement closes on Dec 13. We will see.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:49 pm

That happened a few times on my husband's cards. It is totally random. Chalk it up to the incompetency of Citi's IT. Lots of bugs some are trivial some are more critical - such as now I discover that a deleted payment account still shows up as eligible account for making direct deposit redemption on the Cash Back card. Citi SM reply said "the card requires additional reviews and it will send a MAIL detailing the outcome after further investigation..." The system design probably never take into consideration that people may close existing bank accounts that were used as payment accounts to Citi before!

On a side note, has your wife's latest card converted yet? DH's card opened on 11/03 used the pre-qual link instead of 4c and it is still a W. Citi does agree to add additional 10K to match the 60K offer. 2nd statement closes on Dec 13. We will see.
No, they are both still W - which is why I still don't understand why she got approved for the 60,000 mile card (but if she actually gets both bonuses I won't complain).
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:27 pm

Wait till the letter comes and see what is the reason - most likely that is caused by "credit is restricted" if it is instant denial. Did you ever have a credit card that had been inactive and eventually being closed by the issuer? It might be a card brand that Citi has bought. (Old AT&T for example).

Yes, write to the Exec Office once you see the reason of denial.
The reconsideration line supervisor told me today that it was rejected because I had applied for another card before the citi app. on the same day. Hopefully I can turn in around in my favor when I write to Exec. office
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:10 am

Applied with 30K bonus, need promo code for widely advertised 50K bonus

Hello folks! First time writing here. I recently received the Citi AA Platinum card after applying through a promotion offering 30,000 miles with $1,500 spent, but I have now noticed they are offering 50,000 miles with $3,000 spent. I called to see if they would honor this new promotion since I'm a new customer, and they said they would if I had some sort of offer code to give them.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find this? I would truly appreciate it! Also, any other tips for using my card to the fullest? Appreciate anything and everything
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Kidceej
Hello folks! First time writing here. I recently received the Citi AA Platinum card after applying through a promotion offering 30,000 miles with $1,500 spent, but I have now noticed they are offering 50,000 miles with $3,000 spent. I called to see if they would honor this new promotion since I'm a new customer, and they said they would if I had some sort of offer code to give them.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find this? I would truly appreciate it! Also, any other tips for using my card to the fullest? Appreciate anything and everything
Just send them a secure message with a link/URL to one their own 50K public offers like this one.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Nov 28, 2015 at 8:14 am
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by sheldor
The reconsideration line supervisor told me today that it was rejected because I had applied for another card before the citi app. on the same day. Hopefully I can turn in around in my favor when I write to Exec. office
Strangely the wiki for this thread does not contain the information that one of the other Citi threads states quite prominently. To paraphrase:

Citi CSRs are clueless, and often make up their own explanations when they don't know the actual correct answer. Ignore anything they say that doesn't correlate with what you read on FT.

As you probably know you can only apply for one Citi card every 8 and 65 days. Assuming that both apps were not for Citi cards, I can guarantee that you were not denied for simply having applied to another bank that same day. Many of us have applied for several cards the same day, with the Citi app being the 3rd or 4th app of the day, and had no problem being approved.

You can call Recon again, and find out what the next CSR has to say. Or you can wait for the denial letter, which will be more informative.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:33 am

Must have just been a website glitch. Today, the Reward Summary does show up on the account details page for that one card (with the "CONGRATULATIONS. YOU'VE EARNED IT!" message for her 50,000 mile bonus).
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Just send them a secure message with a link/URL to one their own 50K public offers like this one.
Alright, I will try. I hope it works
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Hi Happy ,
How did you get Citi to match to 60K offer . Via SM or by phone. I have a new Citi AA approved that I applied using pre-qual link 10 days ago sitting in my mailbox back home .
I will be back NYC Dec 15 and what's the best way to ask for the match when I
get the card in hand ?
Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:37 pm

I applied for the Citi Platinum Select card, received the mileage bonus, and reduced my credit limit to $2,000. Is there any reason to keep this card open?

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by seasidesilva
I applied for the Citi Platinum Select card, received the mileage bonus, and reduced my credit limit to $2,000. Is there any reason to keep this card open?

Thanks
There might be. Was the card converted into WE?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sheldor
another card from Citi or different bank? If it is citi's then you violate the Citicard app rule. If it is another bank, no, it should not be the case for instant denial.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Hi Happy ,
How did you get Citi to match to 60K offer . Via SM or by phone. I have a new Citi AA approved that I applied using pre-qual link 10 days ago sitting in my mailbox back home .
I will be back NYC Dec 15 and what's the best way to ask for the match when I
get the card in hand ?
Thanks
SM. One poster posted his success (on his wife's account) for her card approved in late Oct. So I just followed his lead after reading his post. Go back a couple page you will find it.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Applied and got approved for the Business 50K offer, but with a limit <$3k. Is it still possible to do the spend w/in the 1st statement cycle by spending close to the limit, paying it off immediately and spending more? Or by making a pre-payment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.