FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:49 pm
elc2414

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Originally Posted by Happy
That happened a few times on my husband's cards. It is totally random. Chalk it up to the incompetency of Citi's IT. Lots of bugs some are trivial some are more critical - such as now I discover that a deleted payment account still shows up as eligible account for making direct deposit redemption on the Cash Back card. Citi SM reply said "the card requires additional reviews and it will send a MAIL detailing the outcome after further investigation..." The system design probably never take into consideration that people may close existing bank accounts that were used as payment accounts to Citi before!

On a side note, has your wife's latest card converted yet? DH's card opened on 11/03 used the pre-qual link instead of 4c and it is still a W. Citi does agree to add additional 10K to match the 60K offer. 2nd statement closes on Dec 13. We will see.
No, they are both still W - which is why I still don't understand why she got approved for the 60,000 mile card (but if she actually gets both bonuses I won't complain).