Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Agreed that this is a new & very interesting turn of events. I'd be willing to bet that W:WE conversions have the same effect on all card products, in which case let the Games begin!
My Gold AA card was converted from W to WE in April. However I closed the card recently and didnt bother reapplying. Didnt find it worth a hard pull, since the Platinum MC was a much better deal
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Just decided to apply with 4c for my second Platinum (first was in March) since it had been ~80 days since my last personal app and probably 60 or so since my business app.

Instant approval for $15.5k (guess lowering all the limits last week worked) and will see if I get the bonus or not. If I don't I guess I still get 3024 miles for ~$24.
Did you get an email confirmation of your application?

I applied and was approved for a 2nd Platinum card a few days ago and I still haven't received an email from them. Kind of panicking right now
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by dkim

I applied and was approved for a 2nd Platinum card a few days ago and I still haven't received an email from them. Kind of panicking right now
Panicking? You should get out of this hobby now if this is causing a panic. It takes 3-4 days for the email. Longer if there's a weekend. Stay Calm & Churn On.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Flyin2
Panicking? You should get out of this hobby now if this is causing a panic. It takes 3-4 days for the email. Longer if there's a weekend. Stay Calm & Churn On.
Haha, I've got pretty bad OCD.

I know... churning and OCD is probably the worst combination but it does have its advantages
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by searchingforawards
My Aadvantage Citi Gold was just converted to a World Elite. Any data points on reapplying for it and getting the 25,000 miles? thanks
2 of our Golds got converted this week too. Eventually we'll apply for new ones, but we've got to get through our new churns on our Plat conversions first.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:17 pm

Haha, I've got pretty bad OCD.

I know... churning and OCD is probably the worst combination but it does have its advantages
I guess. That's a pretty fast reply. If you were converted, you will get the bonus. Stay positive and use your OCD to track the approval date, email date, letter date, etc so you don't freak out. 😝
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Data Point:

family member approved for AA gold in April, card got converted to world elite in june, applied again in august, 1st card still open, instant approval, received letter confirming 25k for $750 spending. hopefully this will help others for future planning.
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
AFAIK this is brand new information. Thank you! I don't think we have any data points on the conversion of a Gold card from W to WE. This may turn out to be very good news.
Originally Posted by beltway
Agreed that this is a new & very interesting turn of events. I'd be willing to bet that W:WE conversions have the same effect on all card products, in which case let the Games begin!
I reported the information back in August for AA Gold, the same W to WE rule apply as platinum.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When my Gold Visa was converted to a MC in May, I didn't even look at what kind, but it's a World Elite. I have to wait until the 65 day are up to try anything, though.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
AFAIK this is brand new information. Thank you! I don't think we have any data points on the conversion of a Gold card from W to WE. This may turn out to be very good news.
I reported this a while earlier when this was new for the plat select for the whole W->WE.

My wife's gold was converted and I have both cards in the cc binder now. I think the reason this isn't more noticed is that people would rather churn the 50k offers instead of the 25k offers. She just got shot down the plat select bus, and her plat select didn't get the bonus. So I am going to do one more app for her for the plat select (because the most recent one has just converted to WE and this might make it work again) and if we don't get a bonus on that, then I will do an app for the gold again. A few months down the road I may give an update.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyin2
Why panic about something that may never come? For my last application, I never ever got an email confirming approval. (I knew from calling and from online status checks that it had been approved.) The first confirmation was the snail mail (announcing the card was coming) which took a week or more from approval date (which was in turn a few days after application date).
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:49 am

foreign currency fee reimbursement

Wanted to pass along some info. When speaking with the Retention Dept. on 10-17-15 regarding my Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa, I asked for some clarification regarding the removal of the Foreign Currency Transaction Fee. I know it is to be implemented November 15. But I was curious, is it purchases made on that day and after, or is it related to Statements that might cycle on Nov. 15 or after? She remembered a Memo, checked it, and sure enough there was wording that stated that Foreign Currency Transactions made between 10-19-15 and 11-14-15 would be reimbursed. This may be different for various types of cards, but this was for my Visa. Always verify for your own situation, but I just wanted to pass that along!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: N/A
Declined for business, any chance someone could provide some insight?

Have only applied for 2 cards this year, February/May, both Citi cards, and applied for 9 cards last year (2 citi execs)

Would this usually be considered a decline due to too many HP's? Have a credit age of about 5 years and a FAKO of about 770.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by JBG89
Declined for business, any chance someone could provide some insight?

Have only applied for 2 cards this year, February/May, both Citi cards, and applied for 9 cards last year (2 citi execs)

Would this usually be considered a decline due to too many HP's?
No. As the FAQ clearly explains, you are allowed 6 HPs in the last 6 months and no more than 2 Citi apps in any 2 month window.

Your application was declined because Citi decided to decline your application (this is also explained in the FAQ). No one has determined what causes Citi to like some people but not others; they may give you a reason by mail, but that reasoning has not been applied to others.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:47 pm

My mom, dad, and sister all received a Platinum WE conversion today. I had my 2nd platinum receive a WE conversion this past week as well!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by winsteven13
My mom, dad, and sister all received a Platinum WE conversion today. I had my 2nd platinum receive a WE conversion this past week as well!
that's weird, my mom(gold), wife(gold) and myself(platinum) got WE today as well!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.