Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by cajunguy
Sweet! It worked!

I called with no ref number and got a very helpful CSR. I already have a Hilton Reserve and AA Exec card with Citi and she even moved some credit around to get me a very decent credit limit on the new card! I'll probably close out the older Hilton card next week so I can then apply for another card!

Thanks @isle-hawg
You don't have to close out HHonors cards before applying for a new one. Several people here have a herd of HHonors cards in their stable.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
You don't have to close out HHonors cards before applying for a new one. Several people here have a herd of HHonors cards in their stable.
You don't have to close, but many who don't close do lower the credit limit on cards they aren't using, to make more "free'd up" credit limit available for the next card(s).
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You don't have to close, but many who don't close do lower the credit limit on cards they aren't using, to make more "free'd up" credit limit available for the next card(s).
^^
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Brugge

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Yup, do that

And

Citi Hilton reserve
Amex Hilton surpass
Amex Hilton HHonors
^

Hi guys, have been racking up sign up bonuses whenever I can but only just discovered "churning" few days back. Help me understand something when you say

AND

Citi Hilton reserve
Amex Hilton surpass
Amex Hilton HHonors

So those cards are a one time and cant be churned right? The way to go is to apply for those 3 ONCE and churn the Citi Hilton HHonors following the dates mentioned in the very first post as many times as possible. Am I understanding it right?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by riv3r
Citi Hilton reserve
Amex Hilton surpass
Amex Hilton HHonors

So those cards are a one time and cant be churned right? The way to go is to apply for those 3 ONCE and churn the Citi Hilton HHonors following the dates mentioned in the very first post as many times as possible. Am I understanding it right?
These Amex personal cards are no longer churnable. See the wiki at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html for more info on the various Hilton co-branded cards.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by riv3r
Hi guys, have been racking up sign up bonuses whenever I can but only just discovered "churning" few days back. Help me understand something when you say

AND

Citi Hilton reserve
Amex Hilton surpass
Amex Hilton HHonors

Yes, except that there is still a working link in the wiki above to churn the HH Res card. And you may as well keep the regular AMEX HHs card open, since there is no AF.

As for the regular Citi HH card, some people have had as many as 20 of them, (over a period of years, of course).
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:36 am

Just got approved for a Reserve for myself and another no fee HH for my wife. I want to get enough HHonors points and nights to cover a week in London in August and a week in the Caribbean next winter/spring. I had 4 non-Citi pulls in the last 6 months (2 amex, 1 Barclays and one 5th/3rd), and my wife had 3 (1 of each of the cards I listed for myself). For both of us I have been applying for one Citi card per month for a long time -- mostly Execs. I always lower the CL after meeting the spend. This time my wife and I both received credit limits of $22,000. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the churnability of the HHonors cards lasts a while longer.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LWT3
Just got approved for a Reserve for myself and another no fee HH for my wife. I want to get enough HHonors points and nights to cover a week in London in August and a week in the Caribbean next winter/spring. I had 4 non-Citi pulls in the last 6 months (2 amex, 1 Barclays and one 5th/3rd), and my wife had 3 (1 of each of the cards I listed for myself). For both of us I have been applying for one Citi card per month for a long time -- mostly Execs. I always lower the CL after meeting the spend. This time my wife and I both received credit limits of $22,000. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the churnability of the HHonors cards lasts a while longer.
^ Well played....
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Yes, except that there is still a working link in the wiki above to churn the HH Res card. And you may as well keep the regular AMEX HHs card open, since there is no AF.

As for the regular Citi HH card, some people have had as many as 20 of them, (over a period of years, of course).
Hmm, maybe my eyesight is bad but I do not see a link ofr the HH Res card in the wiki above...actually no mention of the HH Res card on this thread, but likely becuase there is a seperate thread for that card
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
Hmm, maybe my eyesight is bad but I do not see a link ofr the HH Res card in the wiki above...actually no mention of the HH Res card on this thread, but likely becuase there is a seperate thread for that card
"The wiki above" in this case refers to the link in post 470.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:14 am

Does this card charge foreign transaction fee ? I searched and couldn't find any info on this even on the Citibank site. TIA
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by uvasag
Does this card charge foreign transaction fee ? I searched and couldn't find any info on this even on the Citibank site. TIA
Foreign transaction fee is 3%. Click through to the "Terms & Conditions" link on any application.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Foreign transaction fee is 3%. Click through to the "Terms & Conditions" link on any application.
Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:21 am

Question for those who have multiple Citi HHonors - and apologies if this has been said somewhere in the past - but do you create separate online accounts for each card? Or do you have a single account with multiple of the same card listed?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by zoob27
Question for those who have multiple Citi HHonors - and apologies if this has been said somewhere in the past - but do you create separate online accounts for each card? Or do you have a single account with multiple of the same card listed?
A single account for all of one's Citi Hilton cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.