Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:53 am

I'm thinking about getting the Prestige for an upcoming trip to New Zealand.

Does anyone know which hotels in Auckland Citi extends the 4NFree benefit to? Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I'm thinking about getting the Prestige for an upcoming trip to New Zealand.

Does anyone know which hotels in Auckland Citi extends the 4NFree benefit to? Thanks!
Almost all. If you can book a hotel through expedia.com, you're set to go w Citi.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:12 pm

Re-booking within window

I'm looking to book a hotel for summer of 2017, but the hotel's website isn't open that far and in order to reserve the room now, the hotel requires a signed form (which the Citi concierge told me they cannot do--only phone calls). Has anyone done anything like putting the hotel under deposit, then calling back in a few months to cancel the deposit and have the Concierge call in to re-book so I can get the fourth night? The deposit is refundable up to 90 days out so no worries there. I know that hotel rates can move in which case I'd have to do some math to check.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Here's a sweet deal: Stay and ski free, with 5th night free at one of the ten best mountains in the world. Use CitiP and get the 4th night free.

http://www.snowbird.com/specials/5thnightfree/

Nights are ~250 but two lift tickets run $80'ish each, so the hotel is really only ~$90 for slopeside.

I love riding at the Bird but have the Epic ski pass this year so no Snowbird for me.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
- The agent if I wanted more than one room, which implied I would get 4th night free on multiple rooms.
Does anyone have actual experience receiving (or not) a rebate on multiple rooms on a single reservation?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
Originally Posted by yngdiego
Here's another data point about Aspire. So previously with Aspire I would call them up and immediately that agent would book the room and send a confirmation. Now, when I called up yesterday the first agent took my info down, then said another agent within 24-48 hours would send the confirmation.
Just off a call and same experience. I am booking about 5 days out and usually put right thru. Asked why it'd be 24-48 and was told "b/c we were talked about on a number of blogs, our membership went from 30k - 500k and had to switch to a dedicated team to just make the bookings"

In short, 1700% increase in members. Was it mentioned someplace how/who pays for this? I suspect it isn't all Citi (if any) but I feel this will die by sheer #s eventually. (Die meaning perhaps only 50% of 4th night or something, not sure it'd totally go away)
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Had a pretty good experience booking a hotel in Couchevel 1850 (France). No major chains there but the concierge was able to find me multiple options and the rates were basically the same as what I could find on the hotel web sites. Received the rebate within 1 month of staying at the hotel.

However I just noticed that I didn't receive the 3x hotel bonus points for either the deposit or the actual payment. I sent a secure message to Citi and they said to send in proof that it was a hotel. The fact that I booked with their concierge apparently is not enough. Has anyone had problems getting the 3x points for stays booked through the concierge? Does it change it into some kind of payment for service rather than a hotel stay?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mgchan
Does it change it into some kind of payment for service rather than a hotel stay?
Find the transaction on your online statement, click Expand Details, and look at the Category. Does it say Lodging, or something else?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

Found a great deal at St Regis Bora Bora. AAA get the fifth night free. They booked it for me so we stay at St Regis and get fourth and fifth nights free.

But question. Had to put down two night deposit months in advance. Hope that doesn't mess it up.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Find the transaction on your online statement, click Expand Details, and look at the Category. Does it say Lodging, or something else?
It says "MerchandiseDIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT MARKETERS", both for the original deposit placed through the concierge, and for charges made directly at the hotel.

I've got requests in to both the concierge and the hotel to provide receipts for the room charges. I do have a copy of the receipt for the charges made at the hotel (dining etc.) but as the hotel was booked through the concierge I never received a receipt for the actual cost of the room.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JBauer
Found a great deal at St Regis Bora Bora. AAA get the fifth night free. They booked it for me so we stay at St Regis and get fourth and fifth nights free.

But question. Had to put down two night deposit months in advance. Hope that doesn't mess it up.
Doubt there would be any problems since CWT is the one booking it for you ^
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Doubt there would be any problems since CWT is the one booking it for you ^
I won't broadcast my backdoor to dealing with booking Citi Prestige travel but seems like you know what to do
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Here's another interesting data point. So I stayed at a Marriott property a couple of weeks ago, but the charge is still "pending" per the Citi mobile app. However, a couple of days ago a credit for the 4th night appeared. So it seems like the charge doesn't even need to officially post to get the credit.

I should also add Aspire originally made my Marriott reservation for 5 nights. But due to work circumstances I cut it a day short. I didn't call Aspire to change the reservation, and just checked out early. But I still got the credit, which is great.

Now it's entirely another story why Marriott hasn't posted the charge after two full weeks. But I'm not complaining. I figure it will eventually post.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yngdiego
... charge is still "pending" per the Citi mobile app.
I notice that sometime hotels submit a new charge rather than finalize the original "hold" which was generated at check-in. You might look to see if a transaction has already posted.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:55 pm

I have the prestige card but I have a business trip coming up and want to pay with my business card (chase ink plus) but still get the 4th night free. Think that will work or what?

I'm assuming the reps who credit the stay look at the actual bill and credit that amount as opposed to the charge on the statement/4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.