Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by estnet
Aspire is VERY variable. They won't/can't match booking.com, etc. only their rates and if pushed the rates on the hotel website.
Their incompetence led me to cancel to card - might consider it again, but for now I'm either booking hotels that have a promotion for free night, airbnb or........
For chain hotels they will get you same price as hotel website as they are booking directly with hotel central reservation system. Notable exception is mLife elite rates which for whatever reason, they won't touch.

booking.com is not a hotel and Citi is not in the business of lowest price guarantee either so there is no reason why they would be matching booking.com or any other travel agency/hotel consolidator rates. What has been reported recently is you can have Citi book the lowest hotel central reservation rate and then have Citi take advantage of any best rate guarantee the hotel offers.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I made a reservation using Citi 4th night benefit back in Jan at Aria... this was an exclusive M Life member rate. They had to use a differrent system to pull this off.

Originally Posted by seawolf
For chain hotels they will get you same price as hotel website as they are booking directly with hotel central reservation system. Notable exception is mLife elite rates which for whatever reason, they won't touch.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Member

I tried earlier in March for Aria as well. After putting on hold, was told they were not allowed to book mLife tier rates. There is a separate FT thread on this.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I tried to get them to use the Agoda rate recently, and was told they can only use what's offered on the hotel website.

Are you saying they have their own rates, which might be lower than the hotel's? That's a new one on me.
No I wasn't saying that, sometimes they quote a rate off the hotels website but neglect to mention lower rates (varies by agent), such as senior, government etc. They seem to look rates up on their website (don't know what it is), then if requested look directly on the chains website.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Anyone know if Citi Prestige 4th night free can work with corporate rates?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd
works fine with my company's corporate rate
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:50 am

two rooms in a 4+ night stay.

can I book two room on a 4+ night stay and get two night credit (one for each room) ??
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:48 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
can I book two room on a 4+ night stay and get two night credit (one for each room) ??
You can try and report back for the benefit of the FT community but given they don't allow 2 free nights on an 8 night stay, I highly doubt it.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:58 am

sometimes a 2 bedroom suite is priced similar to 2x standard room.

this Citi benefit covers the full 4th night cost for such a 2 bedroom suite.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Colin
sometimes a 2 bedroom suite is priced similar to 2x standard room.

this Citi benefit covers the full 4th night cost for such a 2 bedroom suite.
I did this last year. Since you cannot book concurrently or back-to-back, it was ultimately cheaper to do one suite rather than two rooms w/ only the benefit for one.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Could you book as follows

4 night stay with Citi ?
1 night stay booked and paid as a separate reservation
A second 4 night stay with Citi ?

Total nine 9 nights
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by griffingrowl

4 night stay with Citi ?

Total nine 9 nights
Yes, I have done it. I just said I was going home for a day.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by griffingrowl

4 night stay with Citi ?

Total nine 9 nights
Depending on the hotel/hotel system/something this could be problematic in that they could merge the three reservations into one... it would be best (if traveling with someone else) to book the 4 nights with citi, then book one night in that someone else's name, and then the final 4 nights with citi...

FDW
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Originally Posted by pritomd
Confirmed that concierge took my corporate code. I thought I recalled at one point in time they could only do AAA/military, not corporate, but guess 4th night free works with corp rates! Great deal now.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Member

Corporate rates have been valid since as least last June as reported by yngdiego in post# 1280.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.