Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:26 am

Thanks for,the heads up. Was able to cancel and rebook and save for my upcoming stay.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Exclamation LAST DAY!!!

I didn't really need it, but I had an odd number of stays, so I booked a night to get my points bonus.

BTW, did you know Choice Privileges UK members got a !2,000 point bonus during this promotion? Same exact terms and dates, as far as I could tell.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Exclamation

I heard from a Choice Hotels manager that the latest promotion materials have arrived. Basically, Triple Points for Two Stays, starting November 19th, going into mid-January.

More details to follow...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Register for the new promo at
www.choicehotels.com/triplepoints
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast
I heard from a Choice Hotels manager that the latest promotion materials have arrived. Basically, Triple Points for Two Stays, starting November 19th, going into mid-January.

More details to follow...
So you heard wrong. The link above says it's Triple Points for every qualifying stay, not for two stays.
EARN TRIPLE POINTS ON EVERY QUALIFYING STAY.

When? Check in between November 19 and January 15, 2016
Btw, this timing is different than in previous years. In previous years the triple points promo started later and ended later. So I wonder what they will do for late January onward this time?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So you heard wrong. The link above says it's Triple Points for every qualifying stay, not for two stays.
EARN TRIPLE POINTS ON EVERY QUALIFYING STAY.

When? Check in between November 19 and January 15, 2016
Btw, this timing is different than in previous years. In previous years the triple points promo started later and ended later. So I wonder what they will do for late January onward this time?

That was probably my fault, mis-remembering what I heard. Sorry about that.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, United, Jet Blue, SWA
Waiting on the Jan-Feb 2016 Promotion

Triple Points ends on Friday. (Strange day since most Choice promos end on a Wednesday.)

Wanna speculate on the next promo?

I'm guessing: 2-stays for 8,000 (1 nite free) Starting on Thu, Jan 21 thru late Feb (on a Wed.)

Anybody else with thoughts/insider info?

Last edited by DCABarry; Jan 13, 2016 at 4:15 pm Reason: correction
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by DCABarry
Triple Points ends on Friday. (Strange day since most Choice promos end on a Wednesday.)

Wanna speculate on the next promo?

I'm guessing: 2-stays for 8,000 (1 nite free) Starting on Thu, Jan 21 thru late Feb (on a Wed.)

Anybody else with thoughts/insider info?
If they would follow wyndham to do a 3000 airlines bonus miles would be great.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If they would follow wyndham to do a 3000 airlines bonus miles would be great.
Except Choice has never done more than triple miles (ie, 750 instead of 250) in more than a decade, while WyndhamRewards has a history of doing good airline bonuses once in a while (but not every year).
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Tick.Tock.

Maybe the time - nadir of the year - to use points.

(Apologies to those who receive notices re this thread.)
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Tick.Tock.

Maybe the time - nadir of the year - to use points.

(Apologies to those who receive notices re this thread.)
My other half is living in a hotel right now, I am anxiously awaiting a promo As well. I have a lot of points from Amtrak, but the place is cheap enough that a good promo would likely make cash a good call.

Even more off topic, how do stays post for promos if you alternate award nights with paid nights?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Any continuous stay of consecutive nights counts as one stay for the whole time. The only way around it is to have a night in between that's not at the same hotel - e.g., to "hotel hop" to another, or just to go home.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Any continuous stay of consecutive nights counts as one stay for the whole time. The only way around it is to have a night in between that's not at the same hotel - e.g., to "hotel hop" to another, or just to go home.
While I know that's how it's supposed to work, I've found that reservations (booked that way when we don't know when we're going to leave) sometimes post separately in some programs, particularly so if I use points for certain nights. Choice hotels are typically either all award or single night paid stays for me, wasn't sure how their system works in reality.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Spring 2016 promotion

Starting later than usual this year, but better late than never:

FREE NIGHTS!
Take 2 separate trips between March 3 and May 5 to earn a free night at over 1,500 hotels!

Clicking on "LEARN MORE" beneath this will bring you to:
https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast
Starting later than usual this year, but better late than never:

FREE NIGHTS!
Take 2 separate trips between March 3 and May 5 to earn a free night at over 1,500 hotels!

Clicking on "LEARN MORE" beneath this will bring you to:
https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night
Does Choice Privilege Reward Night (i.e. stays booked using Choice points) count for the purpose of this Free Night promotion or must it be paid stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.