Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
Ok yeah the agencies have all kinds of bogus flight options. Ignore them.
I fly on MU a lot, always book with agents, and have never had any issues. MU is definitely selling LAX for September onwards, but this is no guarantee that the flights will operate. Apparently, if they provide sufficient notice of cancellations their rebooking obligations are minimal.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
I was checking September US-China flights today, and noticed that MU is selling LAX-PVG for $1200 in economy and $2400 in business on many dates, both of which are great deals compared to everything else on offer. However YariGuy warned me that this flight doesn't exist now and there's no telling when it will actually resume.
Lots of airlines selling lots of cheap flights. You can buy them if you want to give an interest free loan to MU but those flights are cheap for a reason....they ain't flying.
tauphi likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:28 am

I fly on MU a lot, always book with agents, and have never had any issues. MU is definitely selling LAX for September onwards, but this is no guarantee that the flights will operate. Apparently, if they provide sufficient notice of cancellations their rebooking obligations are minimal.
you forgot about 5 ones. MU is handling JFK to PVG so no way they are allowed to fly between LAX and China.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by yoyo
you forgot about 5 ones. MU is handling JFK to PVG so no way they are allowed to fly between LAX and China.
The five 1 rule has been relaxed some time ago.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:47 am

The chart that travelinmanS posted in 681 suggests that CA has two US routes.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The chart that travelinmanS posted in 681 suggests that CA has two US routes.
DL does as well. But those routes are on the chart because they are approved. LAX-PVG is not approved, not on the chart and not flying in September.

Good luck getting back...hope the trip home is going well.
tauphi likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you buy a MU ticket from DL? That might give you some protection if the flight is cancelled. [You might need to call and it would help to have a domestic DL flight on the same ticket.]
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
The five 1 rule has been relaxed some time ago.
that certainly is breaking news to me.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:11 pm

that certainly is breaking news to me.
Before the airlines cut flights, CA, CZ, MU, and HU had three US routes each.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Before the airlines cut flights, CA, CZ, MU, and HU had three US routes each.
If it is pre-Covid, some of them had more than 3 routes.
Just think of Air China: PEK-JFK/EWR/LAX/SFO/IAH/HNL/IAD
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
If it is pre-Covid, some of them had more than 3 routes.
Just think of Air China: PEK-JFK/EWR/LAX/SFO/IAH/HNL/IAD
I forgot how many CA had, but figured 3 was a safe number to apply to all.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
I've been hearing August 15 approval date for the past three months, but some hospitals /clinics already have doses.
Hearing any updates on this? I checked the news, didn't see anything of note...
Sounds like boosters are being recommended in the US nowadays. Wondering if it would be better to get a Pfizer (aka BioNTech) or a Chinese vaccine ...
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by gudugan
Sounds like boosters are being recommended in the US nowadays. Wondering if it would be better to get a Pfizer (aka BioNTech) or a Chinese vaccine ...
I heard ranging from tomorrow to Q4 but with cases spike up domestically, hopefully it is sooner than later.

On which one to take, I have done both. I just read somewhere that Singapore just announced mixing both if one chooses to take both in full or for booster.
My view is don't delay. Take it still better than not taking it. Take one and see how antibody develops in your body and see if you need to redo with a different type of just as booster. Each body reacts different to different vaccine.
tauphi likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
I'm still in the US so I haven't been keeping up to date on this stuff, but I'm happy that I got Sinopharm before I left because the Chinese are obviously cool with it.

I also got Pfizer here (second dose tomorrow).

On a related note, I'm getting closer and closer to attempting to fly back via Thailand. If I take the plunge, I'll apply for an actual Thai visa which would give me up to 90 days to sort things out over there, plus something more real than an entry stamp to show the PRC consulate. I'm also in no rush to do the quarantine drill.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
I did Moderna a pretty long time ago so this could be my "booster" haha.

From what I understand Sinopharm (https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/vaccines/5/) and Sinovac (https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/vaccines/7/) are both 2 dose.
CanSino (https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/vaccines/2/) seems to be one dose:
Argentina: 7 day quarantine
Chile: non residents cannot enter
Ecuador: seems to be rolling out https://www.elcomercio.com/tendencia...n-ecuador.html
Hungary: I did some poking around and they seem to be giving Sinopharm instead
Malaysia: non residents cannot enter
Mexico: might be possible
Pakistan: need >6 month visa but seems doable Pakistan rolls out locally produced Chinese CanSino vaccine - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.