Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why is tsa always at my crotch..seriously

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

why is tsa always at my crotch..seriously

last trip at christmas DFW and PHL they showed me the screen when i sighed and ask what the issue is. they assured me it's not my belt. which i did take off 2nd trip and the screen showed lower box to be searched. so does someone sit in a back room and press the button where they want searched and do this as a joke. they couldnt tell me the real reason for the search, just that area is required to be searched because of what is on the screen.

been wearing the same pair of jeans on flights for a year now. and yes i do wash them lol. not necessarily the day before i fly..but maybe i should?

so can they really not tell 'why' that area is of interest (chemical/physical etc?)

in addition to the expected jokes id really like to know how to avoid this.

would getting pre check help me out? i only fly DFW and PHL but i never looked at precheck. do they only have metal detectors for precheck?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by luckydriver
last trip at christmas DFW and PHL they showed me the screen when i sighed and ask what the issue is. they assured me it's not my belt. which i did take off 2nd trip and the screen showed lower box to be searched. so does someone sit in a back room and press the button where they want searched and do this as a joke. they couldnt tell me the real reason for the search, just that area is required to be searched because of what is on the screen.

been wearing the same pair of jeans on flights for a year now. and yes i do wash them lol. not necessarily the day before i fly..but maybe i should?

so can they really not tell 'why' that area is of interest (chemical/physical etc?)

would getting pre check help me out? i only fly DFW and PHL but i never looked at precheck. do they only have metal detectors for precheck?
You must have gone into the “squeeze my testes” line. I got secondary every time I went through the scanning equipment, so just opt out now unless I get the metal detector. I have a Budda-like physique.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

how do you opt out of being scanned?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
how do you opt out of being scanned?
You say you want to opt out. You still get the pat down and ball squeeze.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

sounds like precheck would be worth it for me then since i dont want more touchy touchy.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

You say you want to opt out. You still get the pat down and ball squeeze.
But, but, but.....TSA says: "…contact with Plaintiff's genitals, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down."

It’s deliberate, humiliating & sexually abusive and it seems as if some screeners enjoy it
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:47 am

Try wearing a different pair of pants. TSA will try to claim that the pants you wear (or how you wear them) aren't built into their algorithms for the scanner but if that's true, why don't the scanners alarm as often on shirts, which can be tight, baggy, short sleeved, long sleeved, with different necklines, etc.?

Regarding highlighted sentence: I believe that the scanners are set to alarm on the crotch area to give screeners an excuse to get their hands into passengers' genitals.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

i can dig out my fat guy pants i guess.sigh..nice and loose vs my tight jeans i normally wear. just wonder why after a year of flying they are bad now. plus i usually stuff 5 days clothing in tiny free personal item so i really dont wanna overload my bag and wear my baggy fat jeans just to avoid a scanner..sigh.

maybe if they offered me a paid alternative so i didnt have to have a 65 yr old guy to feel me up i wouldnt mind it. why not offer this option? have hot sexy girls feeling up guys, no ones gonna complain
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
The back of my left knee always sets off the xray when I wear jeans. They'll then do the wand, and it will still go off. No clue why, I'm just used to it by now.

It does not happen if I'm wearing tights/stockings/legging/yoga pants.

My knee, your crotch?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerStef
The back of my left knee always sets off the xray when I wear jeans. They'll then do the wand, and it will still go off. No clue why, I'm just used to it by now.

It does not happen if I'm wearing tights/stockings/legging/yoga pants.

My knee, your crotch?
i had some lower issue like that once. not regularly though. was very weird for lower part of leg to need 2nd touch.

as far as knee to crotch ill pass

so can someone tell me why if you are called for 2nd scan why they ALWAYS swab your hands? i'm pretty sure my hands didnt go set off the machine. i pity those in the bullet loading business who's hands probably have stuff on all the time. probably see the back room for a nice interview!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:32 pm

i can dig out my fat guy pants i guess.sigh..nice and loose vs my tight jeans i normally wear. just wonder why after a year of flying they are bad now. plus i usually stuff 5 days clothing in tiny free personal item so i really dont wanna overload my bag and wear my baggy fat jeans just to avoid a scanner..sigh.

maybe if they offered me a paid alternative so i didnt have to have a 65 yr old guy to feel me up i wouldnt mind it. why not offer this option? have hot sexy girls feeling up guys, no ones gonna complain
Sadly, baggy fat guy pants are going to get you tagged also. They are certain you'd be hiding something in there.

i had some lower issue like that once. not regularly though. was very weird for lower part of leg to need 2nd touch.

as far as knee to crotch ill pass

so can someone tell me why if you are called for 2nd scan why they ALWAYS swab your hands? i'm pretty sure my hands didnt go set off the machine. i pity those in the bullet loading business who's hands probably have stuff on all the time. probably see the back room for a nice interview!
Don't they swab their own gloves after feeling you up? In addition to hidden "dangerous items" which they never find when groping, they are looking for ETD traces. Why do they swab your hands? They believe that if a second scan is needed, then they have to look even harder to find those explosives that you MUST be hiding, so therefore your hands are swabbed. What a freakin' waste of time and money.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 4, 2019 at 2:49 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Sadly, baggy fat guy pants are going to get you tagged also. They are certain you'd be hiding something in there.
how about no pants?

shorts?
plane is always cold for me so unless summer i hesitate to wear shorts but maybe ill have to. pretty cold PHL in winter though

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Don't they swab their own gloves after feeling you up? In addition to hidden "dangerous items" which they never find when groping, they are looking for ETD traces. Why do they swab your hands? They believe that if a second scan is needed, then they have to look even harder to find those explosives that you MUST be hiding, so therefore your hands are swabbed. What a freakin' waste of time and money.
so why do they swab their own hands before putting it in the machine

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 4, 2019 at 2:48 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

PHL and DFW precheck. metal detectors only?

at those 2 airports will precheck get me out of a crotch check? if so ill apply today.

i read there are only metal detectors but wanted to b sure
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how about no pants?

shorts?
plane is always cold for me so unless summer i hesitate to wear shorts but maybe ill have to. pretty cold PHL in winter though
Those cargo pants with zip off legs?
Shorts through security. Pants airside.
But seriously, maybe just get Pre✓. Yeah, I get that it's a form of extortion, but if flying is more than a once and a while thing, might be worth it.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:45 pm

so why do they swab their own hands before putting it in the machine
They are looking to see if those gloves picked up any ETD traces from your clothing. Always ask that they use clean gloves and check those gloves before they grope you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.