Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why is tsa always at my crotch..seriously

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:48 am

TSA Body Checks

Originally Posted by luckydriver
at those 2 airports will precheck get me out of a crotch check? if so ill apply today.

i read there are only metal detectors but wanted to b sure
TSA precheck will not stop you from being checked.. I was wearing loose fitting clothing and was getting tagged every time. Switched to tight jeans and it stopped. Now my husband just started getting tagged in his genital area. Doing some research, I found that the scanners detect skin lesions, cysts, tumors or any anomaly in that area. Check with your doctor to make sure nothing is amiss and learn to breath thru it.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by Reici Newsom
TSA precheck will not stop you from being checked.. I was wearing loose fitting clothing and was getting tagged every time. Switched to tight jeans and it stopped. Now my husband just started getting tagged in his genital area. Doing some research, I found that the scanners detect skin lesions, cysts, tumors or any anomaly in that area. Check with your doctor to make sure nothing is amiss and learn to breath thru it.
now that’s a riot! I posted earlier in this thread that the back of my left knee always gets flagged by the scanner. And I do indeedy have a bakers cyst on the back of my left knee, it’s harmless and I’ve known about it for 20+ years.

My mystery of “why my knee” is solved then, thank you!!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
And then there is this.

gsoltso likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Reici Newsom
TSA precheck will not stop you from being checked.
TSA Precheck won't stop a passenger from being checked, but having a PreCheck boarding pass does greatly reduce the chances of the passenger being sent to the strip-search machines and whatever follows (including "crotch-checks") from being sent that way instead of via the walk-thru-metal detectors

The TSA in parts is still into touching baby's/toddler's diaper-covered areas even when the WTMD alarm is not triggered by the child and/or child-carrying accompany passenger.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I realize now that I missed an opportunity. About seven years ago I was on a flight from JFK-LHR and Robert Plant was sitting in the seat behind me. We talked a bit, he was very nice. I could have asked him about this scene in “This Is Spinal Tap”. Much of that movie was based in real rock and roll craziness, but I don’t know about this scene.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
And then there is this.

https://youtu.be/dAargSCXQaQ
You would be surprised at how many times I have had people with items in their pockets, underwear, socks, beltlines, and for those that wear them bras. These areas become a catchall for things - now, I have not had Derek Smalls come through, but I image nit would still go something like this video!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
You would be surprised at how many times I have had people with items in their pockets, underwear, socks, beltlines, and for those that wear them bras. These areas become a catchall for things - now, I have not had Derek Smalls come through, but I image nit would still go something like this video!
How often were those items WEI?
petaluma1 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
How often were those items WEI?
Most pockets, belts, socks bras, etc. are not located near the groin.

Interesting to note that I could not log in until I "disabled" my ad blocker - which I really didn't do but the site thinks I did it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.