Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by catocony
I still think an inadvertent, reflex-only knee to the head when a TSA clerk bends down to fondle you is the best course of action.
Your defense: "contact with Plaintiff’s head, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down."
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: TSA
I still think an inadvertent, reflex-only knee to the head when a TSA clerk bends down to fondle you is the best course of action.
Soooo, you are suggesting that violence against the TSO is the correct answer in these situations? Please, detail how that works out for you when you do it, I would be interested in how it goes.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
Soooo, you are suggesting that violence against the TSO is the correct answer in these situations? Please, detail how that works out for you when you do it, I would be interested in how it goes.
I've been accidentally hit in the groin enough over the years in sporting events that I plan to win an Oscar should I ever be groped. Of course, being intentionally hit in the groin by a clerk might be completely different.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting violence against anyone. You know as well as I that some comments are said in jest.

However, I do not think TSA screeners should be protected by immunity in an effort to limit travelers rights to seek justice from TSA. Why should they? TSA screeners are not law enforcement. TSA screeners are suppose to screen passengers and their belongings in accordance with a set of rules, secret rules which is a problem, and nothing more. Nothing in that job suggests immunity is needed.

If a TSA employee violates a rule or operates outside of those rules then they should be held personally accountable. Not really a new concept.

Doesn't TSA and other TSA employees expect and want their fellow workers to operate within the bounds of TSA screener policy? Isn't ensuring that all screeners operate within those guidelines the best thing for TSA?

I just don't see the resistance on this point but TSA certainly doesn't seem to want its employees held accountable.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:11 am

Women told to arch back in body scanner

Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tweet is visible.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Tweet is visible.
I still don't understand why this is happening but thanks for continuing to provide the link.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Battery is battery. You grab someone's crotch? You should expect an automatic instinctual reaction.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Tweet is visible.
I still don't understand why this is happening but thanks for continuing to provide the link.
After a software upgrade at the beginning of year, posting Twitter links displays the actual contents of the tweets. Clicking on the top of tweet, above the text, will take you to the actual location of the tweet on the Twitter website.

There is no need to make URL's of tweets "visible."

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:26 am

I am not sure, but I suspect it is so that they can get a better "view" of what may (or may not) be hidden underneath a woman's boobies (aka breasts, knockers, headlights, etc.).
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by DeafBlonde
I am not sure, but I suspect it is so that they can get a better "view" of what may (or may not) be hidden underneath a woman's boobies (aka breasts, knockers, headlights, etc.).
And I suspect it's a requirement of male screeners so they can better ogle females in the scanner.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I wonder if they also ask men with boobs and steroid-addicted body builders to arch their backs.

Why not ask males to do a pelvic thrust while they're at it?

If TSA HQ does not denounce this, it will be clear evidence that the practice is at least endorsed, if not ordered, at the highest levels.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting violence against anyone. You know as well as I that some comments are said in jest.

However, I do not think TSA screeners should be protected by immunity in an effort to limit travelers rights to seek justice from TSA. Why should they? TSA screeners are not law enforcement. TSA screeners are suppose to screen passengers and their belongings in accordance with a set of rules, secret rules which is a problem, and nothing more. Nothing in that job suggests immunity is needed.

If a TSA employee violates a rule or operates outside of those rules then they should be held personally accountable. Not really a new concept.

Doesn't TSA and other TSA employees expect and want their fellow workers to operate within the bounds of TSA screener policy? Isn't ensuring that all screeners operate within those guidelines the best thing for TSA?

I just don't see the resistance on this point but TSA certainly doesn't seem to want its employees held accountable.
Except, that is not how it was worded. Then the individual doubles down with the below comment...

I have never said that TSOs that go outside of the SOP should have immunity. I believe that TSOs that violate SOP should be subject to proper action - in some cases, it can be retraining, in others it requires removal and prosecution. I have not altered my position on operating outside the SOP in memory.

Battery is battery. You grab someone's crotch? You should expect an automatic instinctual reaction.
Again, when you do this, please keep us updated. I am interested in how it would work out for you - as you say battery is battery.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I have never said that TSOs that go outside of the SOP should have immunity. I believe that TSOs that violate SOP should be subject to proper action - in some cases, it can be retraining, in others it requires removal and prosecution. I have not altered my position on operating outside the SOP in memory.
There is no such thing as a TSO going outside the SOP, because all screeners have the 'final say' on what the SOP is.

That's why it was (and still is) legal for TSA to confiscate my medical nitro pills.

<deleted>.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 28, 2017 at 11:37 am Reason: Personal exchange
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:47 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Personal Exchanges

Folks,

I have recently had to delete and edit several posts containing personal exchanges.

Please keep in mind FlyerTalk Rule 12.2 when posting:
Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.
If you believe that someone has violated the rules of FlyerTalk, Do not respond by posting in a thread, alert a Moderator.

Please consider this to be your one and only warning!

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.