Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I don't see how anyone can look at the video of the screener with his face inches away from the crotch of the thirteen-year-old boy in thin shorts and t-shirt whose genitals he is repeatedly rubbing - I don't see how TSA can possibly deny that deliberate and prolonged touching of genitals is incidental or accidental.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
I don't see how anyone can look at the video of the screener with his face inches away from the crotch of the thirteen-year-old boy in thin shorts and t-shirt whose genitals he is repeatedly rubbing - I don't see how TSA can possibly deny that deliberate and prolonged touching of genitals is incidental or accidental.
The dishonest lie. It's their nature. TSA lies.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
But it's easy to get around the paywall if you are willing to invest a small amount of time.
The WP offers a free account for anyone with a .gov, .mil or .edu email address. (I have one with .gov)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
That they don't deliberately touch genitals is clearly false, even though TSA plays the semantic game of calling them "resistance". If this goes to trial, the clerk would be in the position of pointing fingers at TSA procedures for exactly this.

Could be interesting.
I think they've changed "resistance" to "groin" believing the Urban Dictionary definition of groin which is not the anatomical and correct definition.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:35 pm

I think they've changed "resistance" to "groin" believing the Urban Dictionary definition of groin which is not the anatomical and correct definition.
I'm sure the clerks are very surprised when they rub this area and find it keeps groin and groin.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:54 pm

I'm sure the clerks are very surprised when they rub this area and find it keeps groin and groin.
You're bad.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: gate lice
Btw, that link is to the Volokh Conspiracy site at the washington post. A great site for legal issues of the day, featuring articles written by practicing lawyers/law professors for other lawyers.

Used to be free, alas, now locked behind a pay wall after you view a limited number of articles.
If you are on google chrome, view it in incognito mode.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:43 am

Side of hand jab into young man's genitals:

I commend him for opting out and recording the procedure, however.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TSA pat down 8/5/17 BWI Airport - YouTube

But this is now "normal" so nobody cares anymore.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
But this is now "normal" so nobody cares anymore.
The casual feeling up the genital area is disgusting.It's not normal and nobody who gets it will remember it any other way. Reminds one of what Hannah Arendt called the "banality of evil".
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The casual feeling up the genital area is disgusting.It's not normal and nobody who gets it will remember it any other way. Reminds one of what Hannah Arendt called the "banality of evil".
Nobody is standing on their congressperson's desk demanding this be stopped. I agree it's not normal, but we have accepted the intrusion or at least lost sensitivity to it.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Nobody is standing on their congressperson's desk demanding this be stopped. I agree it's not normal, but we have accepted the intrusion or at least lost sensitivity to it.
Those of us that have written, complained, and voiced our disgust with TSA have been ignored. It seems every group is willing to accept TSA abuses while standing by quietly and looking the other way. Some people do it for $85.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Those of us that have written, complained, and voiced our disgust with TSA have been ignored. It seems every group is willing to accept TSA abuses while standing by quietly and looking the other way. Some people do it for $85.
Menendez has sent me the exact same response to my complaints about TSA for years now, never addressing my particular concern but giving complete support to TSA no matter the issue; Booker has never responded.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: gate lice
Only a small percentage of Americans fly often enough for TSA's practices to become an issue...there's hardly any incentive for a legislator to follow up on this.

The lawsuit is the way to go.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver

TSA pat down 8/5/17 BWI Airport - YouTube

It was the buttock stroking that broke me watching that.

How a TSA officer who engages in that activity regularly and thinks that's normal is beyond me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.