Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Originally Posted by nrr
The last post in that thread is nearly a year ago. With TSA's more intensive pat downs is much of the info up-to-date?
As far as trans women and the new TSA policy is concerned, it's procedurally just as problematic as it always was, just now several orders of magnitude worse.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by gsoltso
Regardless, TSOs are required to report things like a "joint or two" discovered while attempting to clear an alarm.
Have you ever known of a TSO failing to report drugs and then being reprimanded for that failure?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by ND Sol
Have you ever known of a TSO failing to report drugs and then being reprimanded for that failure?
I have no knowledge of a TSO failing to report drugs. The regs state the process pretty clearly, and the public pages for TSA state it fairly clearly as well.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Presumably in this, as in all other TSA matters, 'screener discretion' trumps all regs, published or SSI.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by gsoltso
I have no knowledge of a TSO failing to report drugs. The regs state the process pretty clearly, and the public pages for TSA state it fairly clearly as well.
It is a "requirement" without any substance. If you are required to do something, but yet you will not (and can not) be disciplined (or be subjected to any adverse consequences) for failing to do it, then how is it a requirement?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND Sol
It is a "requirement" without any substance. If you are required to do something, but yet you will not (and can not) be disciplined (or be subjected to any adverse consequences) for failing to do it, then how is it a requirement?
I thought he or another screener/poster wrote that they don't receive training about how to spot drugs. So, they are "required" to do something without training in what they are supposed to be doing. I have always wanted to fly with a baggie of oregano and see what happens.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Please let's get back on topic

The subject of this thread is the new TSA “comprehensive” physical screening protocol, not reporting drug finds to law enforcement.

If you wish to discuss the TSA reporting to local or federal law enforcement officials contraband drugs that are discovered during the security screening process, please start a new thread on that topic.

Future off-topic messages will be deleted without further warning. Repeat offenders will earn time off from posting.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was thinking United would keep TSA out of the news but.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...assed-her.html

'I have never felt this violated in my entire life': WWE Diva Lana claims 'inappropriate' TSA agents groped her at Boston airport
WWE Diva Lana tookclaimed she was 'violated' by the Transportation Security Administration during.

The wrestling star, whose real name is CJ Perry, claimed during a Twitter rant that TSA agents at Boston's Logan Airport were 'inappropriate' when she went through routine pre-flight checks.
Seems TSA is still using the hands on screening method. At what point will this abusive treatment become to much and result in a revolt by travelers?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Was thinking United would keep TSA out of the news but.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...assed-her.html

Seems TSA is still using the hands on screening method. At what point will this abusive treatment become to much and result in a revolt by travelers?
this passenger certainly had the physical skills to make a statement.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:42 am

Fake Wrestler complains about Fake Security - "I KNOW Theater when I see it!" Film at 11.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JoeBas
Fake Wrestler complains about Fake Security - "I KNOW Theater when I see it!" Film at 11.
She's also a fake Russian (her wrestling character is a Russian). TSA won't have an issue doing this until they feel up some important Congressperson's daughter.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
She's also a fake Russian (her wrestling character is a Russian). TSA won't have an issue doing this until they feel up some important Congressperson's daughter.
And the TSA Groping she received was TSA Security Theater.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
And the TSA Groping she received was TSA Security Theater.
Sadly her day job is more real than whatever happened at the TSA checkpoint.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:11 am

<deleted by moderator>

After, fumbling for my shoes in a rage, I overhear her LOUDLY say to her male coworker 5 feet from me, "She pulled the sexual assault card."....(THE SEXUAL ASSAULT CARD??) "They all do it," he says. "Don't worry about it. Alaskans especially don't like following the rules."

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 19, 2017 at 9:07 am Reason: Tweet containing profane language
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:51 am

Here's yet another one:

Dear @TSA: Can you please make sure no one else has to experience what I went through today? #Autism pic.twitter.com/79RDMkvbvQ

Last edited by petaluma1; Apr 19, 2017 at 10:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.