Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

This week in TSA history starting January 1, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This week in TSA history starting January 1, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
I shot an arrow in the air.....
  • 53 firearms last week in carry-on bags around
  • An inert grenade was discovered in a checked bag at Bradley (BDL).
  • A collapsible bow and two arrows were discovered in a carry-on bag at Chicago O'Hare (ORD).
  • A can sword, hatchet, throwing stars and knives were discovered at ELP, IAH, SFO, CMH and DTW.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2017/01/tsa-week...-26th-jan.html
===
Last post for 2016: Thoughts on continuing this for 2017 before I start a new thread?
Odd, almost 30 less firearms found this week than the week before. TSA letting down on the job due to the holiday?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Odd, almost 30 less firearms found this week than the week before. TSA letting down on the job due to the holiday?
You'll note the same thing happened during the Thanksgiving travel period when the number of firearms found dropped to 42 from 70 the week before and 75 the week after.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
I shot an arrow in the air.....

• 53 firearms last week in carry-on bags around
  • An inert grenade was discovered in a checked bag at Bradley (BDL).
  • A collapsible bow and two arrows were discovered in a carry-on bag at Chicago O'Hare (ORD).
  • A can sword, hatchet, throwing stars and knives were discovered at ELP, IAH, SFO, CMH and DTW.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2017/01/tsa-week...-26th-jan.html
===
Last post for 2016: Thoughts on continuing this for 2017 before I start a new thread?
Methinks it should be allowed to die a peaceful death.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Methinks it should be allowed to die a peaceful death.
I am of the same thinking but wouldn't want to break anyone's <inserting my Boston accent heah> haht

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.