Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
How can you find a victim if you don't release the tape so people can look at it an figure out who was a victim?

I just want these scumbags to be branded as registered sex offenders. I want them to be financially ruined and living on the street in downtown Denver begging for food. Better yet, I want them begging for food on 16th street wearing their TSA uniforms.
I want to see the people higher up in the food chain who allowed this to go on unchecked held accountable.

Behind every errant frontline groper, there's an entire hierarchy of AWOL, ineffective or complicit LTSOs, STSOs and suits.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
I never did work that area while those incidents occurred.
?
No.
?
You can trust the TDC, The DO, the x-ray operator, the wmtd monitor and the dynamic TSO.
I know what a TDC and x-ray operator are but not the others. Can you fill in the blanks?

And what evidence can you put forth that shows why these broad groups are any more derserving of trust than the two perverts that were fired?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
I want to see the people higher up in the food chain who allowed this to go on unchecked held accountable.

Behind every errant frontline groper, there's an entire hierarchy of AWOL, ineffective or complicit LTSOs, STSOs and suits.
According to the police report TSA Investigator Chris Higgins witnessed the crime. Why did he not step in and stop the sexual assault? Why did TSA Investigator Chris Higgens not obtain a statement from the person that he observed being sexually assaulted.

I believe that the dirt goes much deeper than just the two fired TSA employees.

Edit to add: Link to the police report can be found here

http://tsanewsblog.com/15818/news/de...scheme-update/

and here

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-report-675421

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Apr 15, 2015 at 8:22 pm
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
The only way a TSA screener will ever be prosecuted is if he/she turns out to be a registered sex offender after a parent makes a complaint.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
It might be an interesting idea to carry copies of this police report and hand them out at TSA checkpoints.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: too many of the few that are left
Angry

Originally Posted by janetdoe
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the only reason they got fired was homophobia...It's sad that bigotry is likely the cause, but I have high hopes that if any set of circumstances could lead to prosecution, this might be it.
Sad but true.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The TSA doesn't inform the general public with video documentation of what kind of gropings it considers permissible and non-permissible, so how is the public to know when the groping is unlawful and when it supposedly is not unlawful?

An ignorant public is a more vulnerable public.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by eyecue
You can trust the TDC, The DO, the x-ray operator, the wmtd monitor and the dynamic TSO.
I don't trust anyone. Trust has to be earnt, not blindly given.
TSA has proven that they are not worth my trust.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:26 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by petaluma1
That's just priceless. What an idiot.

Was law enforcement called and did you get charged and fined for not cooperating?
In one case, I asked for law enforcement officer. 2 came, but refused to intervene; said I was "wasting [their] time." Other case, no one was called.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
According to the police report TSA Investigator Chris Higgins witnessed the crime. Why did he not step in and stop the sexual assault? Why did TSA Investigator Chris Higgens not obtain a statement from the person that he observed being sexually assaulted.

I believe that the dirt goes much deeper than just the two fired TSA employees.
I was slow to the table coming to the conclusion that Higgens witnessed a crime and did absolutely nothing about it but I got there last night. TSA crows on the blog that it MUST report evidence of a crime when it comes across one, i.e. drugs, "too many credit cards", etc., so why did Higgens not immediately call in the Denver PD when he witnessed a crime taking place. Was he told not to do anything? If so, who instructed him?

You are correct that this goes much deeper.

And if anyone believes there are not other screeners getting their jollies patting down passengers, then I have a bridge in Arizona to offer to you.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was slow to the table coming to the conclusion that Higgens witnessed a crime and did absolutely nothing about it but I got there last night. TSA crows on the blog that it MUST report evidence of a crime when it comes across one, i.e. drugs, "too many credit cards", etc., so why did Higgens not immediately call in the Denver PD when he witnessed a crime taking place. Was he told not to do anything? If so, who instructed him?

You are correct that this goes much deeper.

And if anyone believes there are not other screeners getting their jollies patting down passengers, then I have a bridge in Arizona to offer to you.
Well, it does seem he did something. He apparently made a report to submit to his Chain of Command.

What is damning is what TSA Investigator Higgins did not do.

Higgins did not stop the Sexual Assault that he witness being committed.

Higgins did not obtain a statement from the traveler who was Sexually Assualted by the unnamed TSA Screeners.

Higgins did not take immediate steps to have these unnamed TSA Screeners removed from direct contact with the public.

In my book TSA Investigator Higgins is as much at fault as the unnamed TSA Screeners.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Well, it does seem he did something. He apparently made a report to submit to his Chain of Command.

What is damning is what TSA Investigator Higgins did not do.

Higgins did not stop the Sexual Assault that he witness being committed.

Higgins did not obtain a statement from the traveler who was Sexually Assualted by the unnamed TSA Screeners.

Higgins did not take immediate steps to have these unnamed TSA Screeners removed from direct contact with the public.

In my book TSA Investigator Higgins is as much at fault as the unnamed TSA Screeners.
Do we know when they were removed from contact with the public and/or fired? I got the sense that it was pretty much immediately after they were found out - which was 3 months too late.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KDS
In one case, I asked for law enforcement officer. 2 came, but refused to intervene; said I was "wasting [their] time." Other case, no one was called.
Thanks for the reply. One more question, did you acquiesce and go into the private room at the time of the other search?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by KDS
I've twice had the experience of being "invited" to a private screening for secondary inspection. Both times, I insisted that the screening be done in public. Both times, TSA refused, In one case, the STSO took my stuff away with him to the room while I was still standing at the Xray machine; essentially stealing my items.

The TSA does not allow these searches in public; no matter what. They are ashamed of what they do. And I am ashamed of the lawmakers who allow this to continue.
I avoided the private room screening in San Diego last year, as described here. TSA did not initially want to try resolving the false positive in public. When they relented and did so, the private room screening became a non-issue.

Looking back at my post, I realize I had forgotten the part about having the LEO (not TSA) conduct the secondary patdown in public.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do we know when they were removed from contact with the public and/or fired? I got the sense that it was pretty much immediately after they were found out - which was 3 months too late.
I don't know the exact timeline but this part of the article from CBS Denver gives an indication of how little concern TSA demonstrated in investigating the tip.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/1...mens-genitals/

"Although the TSA learned of the accusation on Nov. 18, 2014 via an anonymous tip from one of the agency’s own employees, reports show that it would be nearly three months before anything was done."
Looks to me that TSA simply didn't care what was happening at its Checkpoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.