Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eyecue
The firing was quite a while ago. How it just got out to the news is not known. If you are needing to be screened in private screening and you refuse to go, it brings up a whole new set of issues. One is that you would be interfering with the screening process by being uncooperative. Two you would not be allowed to continue to the gate, three you would be referred to local law enforcement.
It took at least 3 months between the time the TSA was notified this was happening and the time the two screeners were fired, then it took another month of alert the Denver PD, who should have been in on the investigation initially.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/261881798/...exual-Assaults

It seems to me that Southwest Airlines could find the passenger involved in the incident on 2/9/15, the date that the TSA finally got around to investigating, if it really wanted to do so. Seems to me pressure needs to be brought to bear on the airline to find the passenger.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:27 am

The firing was quite a while ago. How it just got out to the news is not known. If you are needing to be screened in private screening and you refuse to go, it brings up a whole new set of issues. One is that you would be interfering with the screening process by being uncooperative. Two you would not be allowed to continue to the gate, three you would be referred to local law enforcement.
I get a lot of full body pat downs due to my insulin pump. Fortunately the ETD test hasn't false alarmed on me yet. If it ever does, I'm going to insist that the next search takes place in public. People on this site have said what the search entails and none of it is unexpected or SSI. Unless it involves a strip search, there is no reason that it can't be performed in public. If the TSA is embarrassed by the search, that's not my problem. I don't really care, my genitals would have being touched on the initial opt-out pat down. It doesn't matter what part of the hand is being used, they are still touching that area.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:39 am

The firing was quite a while ago. How it just got out to the news is not known.
So how long did you work alongside fellow screeners who were using the nude body scanners as a pretext to commit sexual assault against innocent people?

Did you (or do you) conspire to use the nude body scanners to commit sexual assault against innocent people?

Is the number of people against whom screeners used the nude body scanners to commit sexual assault greater than or less than the number of explosives the nude body scanners have detected in the five years your pathetic excuse to an agency has been using the nude body scanners as the primary method of screening passengers?

Why should any traveler trust any TSA employee after this?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pontifex
So how long did you work alongside fellow screeners who were using the nude body scanners as a pretext to commit sexual assault against innocent people?

Did you (or do you) conspire to use the nude body scanners to commit sexual assault against innocent people?

Is the number of people against whom screeners used the nude body scanners to commit sexual assault greater than or less than the number of explosives the nude body scanners have detected in the five years your pathetic excuse to an agency has been using the nude body scanners as the primary method of screening passengers?

Why should any traveler trust any TSA employee after this?
To my knowledge no individual identified by TSA has ever been prosecuted as a suspected terrorist.

That means that any traveler is much more likely to be assaulted by a TSA screener than be impacted by a terrorist act.

TSA has proven time and time again that TSA and its employees are not trustworthy. Proceed at your own risk.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Originally Posted by petaluma1
And to the Huffington Post and the Daily Beast. Hopefully it will keep spreading so so many more people are outraged that this could happen. Of course it would take Congress to stand up and take the real action to curb this agency.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by petaluma1
It took at least 3 months between the time the TSA was notified this was happening and the time the two screeners were fired, then it took another month of alert the Denver PD, who should have been in on the investigation initially.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/261881798/...exual-Assaults

It seems to me that Southwest Airlines could find the passenger involved in the incident on 2/9/15, the date that the TSA finally got around to investigating, if it really wanted to do so. Seems to me pressure needs to be brought to bear on the airline to find the passenger.
You mean 'pressure' like "TSA asks Southwest Airlines to assist in finding one particular gratuitously sexually groped"?

I can see why that might be something so challenging that TSA couldn't manage it.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
And to the Huffington Post and the Daily Beast. Hopefully it will keep spreading so so many more people are outraged that this could happen. Of course it would take Congress to stand up and take the real action to curb this agency.
The U.S. Congress probably won't stop this, if you ask me what I think may happen. Too many Americans are so paranoid that they may believe strip searching passengers should be part of the TSA's ways.

And the airlines love having the US Government on their side subsidizing their "security" and providing them cover. So they won't complain in material ways either.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The U.S. Congress probably won't stop this, if you ask me what I think may happen. Too many Americans are so paranoid that they may believe strip searching passengers should be part of the TSA's ways.

And the airlines love having the US Government on their side subsidizing their "security" and providing them cover. So they won't complain in material ways either.
(bolding mine)

I think I would amend that. Too many Americans, particularly non-flyers or very infrequent flyers, are so paranoid that they believe in strip searching SOME passengers - and those passengers fit very clear demographics. They do not expect white grannies and kids and middle-aged non-Muslim women and nuns to get physically handled.

Like Rand Paul, they assume it only happens to people who deserve it - for very obvious reasons (appearance, dress, language).
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Sadly this Congress hasn't shown much desire to take on any difficult issues.

I doubt TSA is even on the agenda.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: DL - Plat, HH - Dia, Starwood - LTGold
Originally Posted by chollie
You mean 'pressure' like "TSA asks Southwest Airlines to assist in finding one particular gratuitously sexually groped"?

I can see why that might be something so challenging that TSA couldn't manage it.
I'll jump in here if we want to talk about sexual assault at Washington Dulles. I am not sure what the statute of limitations is in Virginia, but I received the open-palm search a few years ago from one specific agent. The first time it really startled me.

Found it:
Originally Posted by ATL-Bri
I used to mess with the gropers as I left the screening area. Then I met Creepy Old Guy at IAD. He's been the only open palmed groper I have run across, and his massages were very thorough in the area of resistance. The really disturbing thing was after getting him two weeks in a row, he asked if I would be there the following week. He told me would keep an eye out for me when I said I would.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Too many Americans are so paranoid that they may believe strip searching passengers should be part of the TSA's ways.

Not just the airlines and not just in the U.S. Thousands of Canadians were forced to stand in the rain Monday night going to a baseball game in Toronto because of enhanced "security" measures.

The Toronto Blue Jays blamed Major League Baseball. MLB blamed the Department of Homeland Security.

At least they weren't jiggling anyone's junk on the way in but the season is still young.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:04 am

Does the Canadian equivalent of TSA provide security for Canadian sports events?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Badenoch
Too many Americans are so paranoid that they may believe strip searching passengers should be part of the TSA's ways.

Not just the airlines and not just in the U.S. Thousands of Canadians were forced to stand in the rain Monday night going to a baseball game in Toronto because of enhanced "security" measures.

The Toronto Blue Jays blamed Major League Baseball. MLB blamed the Department of Homeland Security.

At least they weren't jiggling anyone's junk on the way in but the season is still young.
Canada doesn't have a DHS?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by chollie
Does the Canadian equivalent of TSA provide security for Canadian sports events?
No. Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) does not provide security for sporting events.

Originally Posted by pewpew
Nope. We get along just fine with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

MLB made all teams, including the Blue Jays, install metal detectors and follow standard procedures for screening every single person entering the games this year. MLB claimed that this was implemented based on "recommendations" from DHS. No idea if this is true or if coercion was involved. My guess is that it was, considering how DHS has basically taken over security for private events such as the Super Bowl. I do wish to thank them though, as they'll now be saving me about a grand a year that I will no longer spend on MLB tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.