Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

USDHS - TSA July 2014: "Enhanced security" overseas airports with US flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USDHS - TSA July 2014: "Enhanced security" overseas airports with US flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
Thanks. I had read the Telegraph article, but I was wondering if things have gone back to January 2010 where they're segregating US departures like I witnessed at LHR and MAD, leading to a part of T5 being called Little America. It's often amusing to watch these additional controls disappear with little fanfare within a month or two after appearing, questioning their need in the first place.
Sorry, that should have been an *On-Topic* thread over on the BA forum (coffee's still brewing this morning):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...flights-4.html
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jpetekYXMD80
Actually I don't. One poster quoted me and asked if I was Ron at the end, and you seemed to be expanding on that. I have no idea who Ron is.
TSORon, who used to be a frequent visitor here. Former US Army who became a TSA clerk, and loved to personally attack people who had the audacity to disagree with him.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:04 pm

So why have I been compared to Ron?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Ron who?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Why is this person being allowed to get away with personal attacks on other members?
You mean like Spiffs 20k post history of attacking people - calling them communists, suggesting moderators be shot upon, sheep. The list goes on and on. Calling him (and his cult) out for being angry old men with psychological issues is mild in comparison. And yet whomever his best friend is that made him a moderator allows that to continue.

Pot/kettle?

Maybe someone finally got tired of his abusive behavior and finally decided to call it out. I don't need to make these things up. His postings are quite public. Only his followers would ignore them and suddenly find those critical of his psychosis alarming.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by jpetekYXMD80
So why have I been compared to Ron?
You'd have to ask the person who made the original comparison.

Originally Posted by flyerORD
You mean like Spiffs 20k post history of attacking people - calling them communists, suggesting moderators be shot upon, sheep.
If Spiff had ever suggested a moderator be shot, I doubt he'd still be allowed to post.

When Spiff makes those statements, he's not directing them at other FT members. that's the critical difference you don't seem to understand.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by FredAnderssen
Okay, I'd say it's past time for a ban.
If you have a problem with the truth, then that's a you problem. Huh, Spiff wasn't banned after suggesting a moderator be placed before a firing squad.

Pot/kettle much?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
You'd have to ask the person who made the original comparison.
Yes, but you responded to that comment with

Posted by halls120 View Post
I don't think it's Ron. Ron was older with life experience. Our new friend is full of the energy and arrogance of youth.

Yet i'm supposed to believe you weren't referring to myself?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nope - Not afraid to fly, but I am happy there is a single agency setting policy in regard to security, rather than allowing airlines, who have been caught on numerous occasions cutting corners, picking the lowest bidder.

And if I don't listen, exactly what will you do? You're issues with airport security is a you problem. I don't live my life endlessly complaining.
Before slinging more false information all of the place, let's take a moment to revisit reality. Airlines never made security policy - ever (unless you're going back pre DB Cooper). The FAA had a set of standard policies that applied to every commercial service flight in the US, and airlines played no role in these policies. Now airlines did create their own policies which either improved upon or trained their staff to better understand the FAA policies and I wrote just such an airline policy and training manual back in the early 90s - and I assure you that everything in that manual mapped to, and improved upon the directives from the FAA. Shocking as it might seem, we even had a mechanism to direct a customer for additional screening like the SSSS of today.

Airports (not airlines) contracted with local vendors who implemented these policies at the airport level.

....and again...for the 1 millionth time...airport security, policies and all, had absolutely nothing - nada - zero - zilch - to do with 9/11. One, and one policy only, was the single contributing factor to 9/11, and that was the policy that required cooperation with hijackers. Absent that policy, there was no way the plan would have worked, and that's the reason why a 9/11 will never happen again - because neither crew nor passengers will ever allow someone with a knife, boxcutter or gun to gain control of their airplane.

Your dear and blessed TSA still has a plethora of gaping holes, both domestic and abroad, when it comes to sneaking a bomb on a plane in cargo or catering and that remains the only truly legitimate risk that I am concerned about.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:31 pm

TSORon, who used to be a frequent visitor here. Former US Army who became a TSA clerk, and loved to personally attack people who had the audacity to disagree with him.
Let's not disparage the Army as that then becomes personal. Ron was former Air Force (he stood around and guarded aircraft and missiles or then supervised those that did).
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
If you have a problem with the truth, then that's a you problem. Huh, Spiff wasn't banned after suggesting a moderator be placed before a firing squad.

Pot/kettle much?
I'm baffled by your comments. You state that posters here have "balls that hang down to their knees" and you don't see a problem with that? Spiff's comments and problems are his own, as your momma has apparently not taught you that two wrongs don't make a right. If you don't like a comment, please press the small triangle to the left. Though tempting when it comes to your posts, I have refrained from doing so as your lack of critical thinking skills on display for all to see is punishment enough. Plus, there's an issue of continuity if EVERY ONE of your posts is flagged.

And let's be clear here: I am neither the "pot" nor the "kettle" in these posts as you suggest, so your final sentence is irrelevant.

It is past time for you to be banned.

Programs: DL, AA
I am closing this thread so we can all take some time off. Go enjoy the parades, BBQ & fireworks. I'm going back to the pool to cool off & suggest you all do likewise.

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
You mean like Spiffs 20k post history of attacking people - calling them communists, suggesting moderators be shot upon, sheep. The list goes on and on. Calling him (and his cult) out for being angry old men with psychological issues is mild in comparison. And yet whomever his best friend is that made him a moderator allows that to continue.

Pot/kettle?

Maybe someone finally got tired of his abusive behavior and finally decided to call it out. I don't need to make these things up. His postings are quite public. Only his followers would ignore them and suddenly find those critical of his psychosis alarming.
You're starting to sound like a disappointed groupie.

You have read all 20K of Spiff's posts? and they all attack people?

Unlike you, I have only read a fraction of Spiff's posts. I don't want to run afoul of the TOS by discussing another poster, but I will say that whether or not I agree with Spiff all the time, I don't ever recall reading a post of his that was as nasty and attacking as some of what you've posted on this thread.

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish by hurling gratuitous insults at all old, white males (some of whom post here and are TSOs, BTW). Do you think those insults will win people to your POV? Do you think people will say "wow, s/he's really got it going on, changed my whole attitude about airport security, facts and data, yeah, totally impressive"?

If you have an issue with Spiff, why don't you man up and discuss it via PM? Do you even know if Spiff is an old white male? This is an IBB - for someone who allegedly thinks only young people have a clue, that's really funny. For all you know, Spiff is a young Asian woman. For all we know, you are an old white sagging male yourself - your flawed grammar is something I'm accustomed to seeing in younger folks, your bitterness usually takes years to acquire.

Maybe you'd be happier on an IBB moderated and frequented by certifiably young, non-white, non-male people who can share bitterness and innovative ways to say 'poopy-head' with impunity.

Meanwhile, do you have anything of substance to share about the OP? Any very recent (post-TSA/DHS announcement) experiences on enhanced international security measures targeted at US-bound travelers?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
When Spiff makes those statements, he's not directing them at other FT members. that's the critical difference you don't seem to understand.
Hear, hear. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.