Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
He realized that many of his witnesses had lied and could not be called to testify. Only two of them were called, and one of them was Dilley.

Bruce
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:36 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by bdschobel
He realized that many of his witnesses had lied and could not be called to testify. Only two of them were called, and one of them was Dilley.

Bruce
And as an Officer of the Court he has the OBLIGATION to prosecute perjured testimony and false sworn statements. Will it happen? Not without pressure being brought to bear. Somehow a news organization has to become interested in this. Phil, do you or the organizations who supported you have any contacts?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Silly question... what now? This has all been great recap, yet is there any action being planned or taken against the parties, or is this all just post-mortem for the next flight?
If there is any further "action", it is likely to involve inquiry into both what happened at the Sunport and at the criminal trial, and into Phil's and other actors' states of mind, intent at various times, etc. Phil could be deposed about these issues, and evidence related to them (including anything he says here) could be brought in, in an attempt to use it against him. How? I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. As the person who made and is in possession of the best record of the trial, I could be called as a witness and to authenticate that record.

But please remember that, "Anything you say can and will be used against you," and cut Phil and others some slack in what you expect them to say in this forum.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by chollie
^^^

I am sure that any LEO of integrity would welcome a tamper-proof system as an aid to memory.
I am sure any LEO of integrity would admit that time and stress and many other factors can affect accurate recollection of facts.

I am sure that any LEO of integrity would want all prosecutions to be based on facts, not faulty recollections or selective memory lapses or enhancements.
I agree. LEOs of integrity would want all of these things. Not just some such LEOs, but both of them.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
"SSI" only applies to information in the possession of someone who's taken an oath or made a promise to protect it.

Once that SSI holder has leaked it, the individual citizens are under no constraint to keep that information "secret."
I don't believe individual citizens are required to comply with a BS SSI classification to begin with. Only the person taking the oath would be required to protect said information.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by ehasbrouck
If there is any further "action", it is likely to involve inquiry into both what happened at the Sunport and at the criminal trial, and into Phil's and other actors' states of mind, intent at various times, etc. Phil could be deposed about these issues, and evidence related to them (including anything he says here) could be brought in, in an attempt to use it against him. How? I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. As the person who made and is in possession of the best record of the trial, I could be called as a witness and to authenticate that record.

But please remember that, "Anything you say can and will be used against you," and cut Phil and others some slack in what you expect them to say in this forum.
Wasn't looking for anything specific, just generalities of intent. Could be something as simple as glad it's over and moving on, thinking of civil action, taking civil action, etc. We're having some great debates here, just curious what the next big-thing is.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mimi111
I don't believe individual citizens are required to comply with a BS SSI classification to begin with. Only the person taking the oath would be required to protect said information.
That's what I thought I said.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by pmocek
That's all sensible, and I want to be careful not to exaggerate, so I appreciate you pushing back, Richard.

BUT, there's a big difference between 1) the difference between a) "I'm not going to answer any questions" and b) "I'm going to remain silent" and 2) the difference between a) ordering someone to leave four times, after each of which he refused, sometimes explicitly, followed by issuance of a verbal criminal trespass order and b) never once ordering or even asking someone to leave, eventually telling him to accompany you out, at which point he promptly complies.
Well, even there, sort of. I'm purposely not going back to the transcript here, but instead relying on my memory. And my memory is that somebody, at some point, said something like "follow me" or "come with me".

As to one time vs. four times, how often have you meant to tell somebody something, didn't, but then became convinced that you did? If we intend to do something, we often remember that as something we did.

This is clearly a case of "contempt of cop" and it's clear there was a massive overreaction at the airport that day and also that the testimony didn't match what happened, but I'm still not ready to call that testimony an outright fabrication. Human memory is notorously fallible and we can fall into all kinds of traps where we remember what we intended to do instead of what we did, or remember how we interpreted what was said, instead of what was said, and so on. Yes, it could have been fabricated, but it could just as easily have been an example of "wishful memory".
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pmocek
The text of the criminal complaint Officer Dilley signed under penalty of perjury was:
(long list of perjured statements elided)

I wonder what will happen the next time Officer Dilley testifies at any trial, and the defendant's attorney gets access to the complaint in this case and the video recording of the actual event. They ought to be admissible for impeachment purposes, to show that Officer Dilley is known to make false statements despite being under oath and penalty of perjury.

Two or three acquittals based on that ought to put paid to his career.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
That's what I thought I said.
You said once leaked. Citizens in general are never required, at any time. Unless I've misinterpreted what you were saying. If so, my apologies.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Q

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
Well, even there, sort of. I'm purposely not going back to the transcript here, but instead relying on my memory. And my memory is that somebody, at some point, said something like "follow me" or "come with me".

As to one time vs. four times, how often have you meant to tell somebody something, didn't, but then became convinced that you did? If we intend to do something, we often remember that as something we did.

This is clearly a case of "contempt of cop" and it's clear there was a massive overreaction at the airport that day and also that the testimony didn't match what happened, but I'm still not ready to call that testimony an outright fabrication. Human memory is notorously fallible and we can fall into all kinds of traps where we remember what we intended to do instead of what we did, or remember how we interpreted what was said, instead of what was said, and so on. Yes, it could have been fabricated, but it could just as easily have been an example of "wishful memory".

Ok, the police officer may have misspoke or misremembered.

But taking all oddities that have come to light such as the officers belt recorder not working, Phil's camera memory being erased certainly would lead me to believe that something is rotten in ABQ.

May never be chargeable, still would watch my back in that place.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bdschobel
You can be sure that next time Officer Robert F. Dilley decides to destroy evidence, he'll do a better job than just hitting the "delete" button. He'll probably remove the memory card and throw it away.
Bruce
I hope his victim has access to this thread and the supporting evidence, so that Robert F. Dilley's testimony can be impeached.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by sethb
(long list of perjured statements elided)

I wonder what will happen the next time Officer Dilley testifies at any trial, and the defendant's attorney gets access to the complaint in this case and the video recording of the actual event. They ought to be admissible for impeachment purposes, to show that Officer Dilley is known to make false statements despite being under oath and penalty of perjury.

Two or three acquittals based on that ought to put paid to his career.
Send prints of these posts to criminal defense lawyers in the Albuquerque area.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mimi111
You said once leaked. Citizens in general are never required, at any time. Unless I've misinterpreted what you were saying. If so, my apologies.
If it's "SSI" and in the hands of a non-TSA person, I assume it's "leaked."
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:40 pm

The process itself is flawed.

If the blank form is SSI, why is it readily available for download?
If the completed form is SSI, how can they ask the pax to sign it?
If the process itself is SSI, not the incomplete or completed form, then why are they trying to hide the form under the guise of SSI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.