Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by pmocek
Bruce, could you cite your source(s), please?
I based my statements on his testimony at the trial, elicited by the prosecutor. As you recall, the prosecutor went on at such length about Dilley's wonderful record that the defense actually objected as to relevance.

Bruce
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I based my statements on his testimony at the trial, elicited by the prosecutor. As you recall, the prosecutor went on at such length about Dilley's wonderful record that the defense actually objected as to relevance.

Bruce
I noticed that the persecutor was trying very hard to make Dilley look like someone other than the gutter thug with a badge that he is for some strange reason.

If I were this clown's supervisor, he would be on reduced hours, on foot patrol in the long-term parking area. And if he didn't screw up, I'd let him have a radio that worked next shift.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Darkumbra
Given how incompetent the TSA has proven themselves to be time and time again? I really doubt they had the ability to properly erase the files from the camera's SD card. It would take either very little effort, or at most an hour or two to recover all those files UNLESS Phil has used the card since then.
ABQ Airport Police are thought to have erased the camera not TSA.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
ABQ Airport Police are thought to have erased the camera not TSA.
Point taken. It's still very difficult to really erase files. I'd lay 50/50 odds on being able to retrieve the files. I'm a bit of a techie, and failing that, there are some real experts available for this type of retrieval
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Darkumbra
Point taken. It's still very difficult to really erase files. I'd lay 50/50 odds on being able to retrieve the files. I'm a bit of a techie, and failing that, there are some real experts available for this type of retrieval
Umm... Phil said he retrieved it and it was used at the trial. The video has
been discussed here numerous times.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:21 pm

He pronounced his name "DILL-ee" when he testified. He retired from the regular police department as a respected detective. He has taught at the police academy.

Bruce
Now that is really scary, imagine how many of his 'tricks' he taught new recruits.

Last edited by flyless; Feb 2, 2011 at 5:32 pm
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
Umm... Phil said he retrieved it and it was used at the trial. The video has
been discussed here numerous times.
Oops. I had not read the entire thread. Thanks
I'll leave quietly
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:47 pm

New Mexico v. Phillip Mocek: no talk of any internal affairs investigations allowed

[Officer Bobby Dilley] retired from the regular police department as a respected detective. He has taught at the police academy.
Bruce, could you cite your source(s), please?
I based my statements on his testimony at the trial, elicited by the prosecutor.
Ah. As you might guess, since the trial, I have doubts about his credibility.

As you recall, the prosecutor went on at such length about Dilley's wonderful record that the defense actually objected as to relevance.
And as you might recall, during preliminary motions (#5, from 14:25 to 17:06 in the audio recording made by IDP), we were barred from mentioning any police internal affairs investigations during the trial.

Judge Fitzwater: "The state is concerned that defense is going to raise the issue that there is an internal affairs complaint or that there's a civil matter hanging on this."

Defense attorney (Hollander): "Your honor, in our discovery motion, we asked for Brady and Giglio as we always do. I learned yesterday that there were some incidents, I believe, involving one of the officers that were serious. I called counsel and said, `What I've learned is hearsay. I want you to check it out, and I want you to represent to the court whether there's Giglio information and Brady information which we should add to this case.' I can only rely on his representation. He says that there isn't."

The prosecutor (Drebing) said he didn't have access to personnel records or IA investigations, but made some inquiry and could represent that based on what was represented to him, there was nothing to be disclosed at that time.

Obviously, I don't have any information about any Albuquerque Police Department or Albuquerque Aviation Police Department internal affairs investigation of Officer Bobby Dilley, Officer Landrow Wiggins, or Officer Julio De La Peńa (these are the only three officers who were ever on the prosecution's witness list; we interviewed all three of them; only Dilley testified). If anyone else does, I think lots of people would find it interesting.

Officer De La Peńa worked about 26 years as a police officer in schools, and has worked for AAPD for about eight years since. Officer Wiggins worked two years with AAPD, 20 years security with Isleta Pueblo, then back to AAPD. Officer Dilley worked for the Albuquerque Police Department for 20 years, part of which was in "narcotics" (prohibited drugs / controlled substances of all sorts, not just narcotics) investigations, before retiring and then working for the aviation police.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Obviously, I don't have any information about any Albuquerque Police Department or Albuquerque Aviation Police Department internal affairs investigation of Officer Bobby Dilley, Officer Landrow Wiggins, or Officer Julio De La Peńa (these are the only three officers who were ever on the prosecution's witness list; we interviewed all three of them; only Dilley testified). If anyone else does, I think lots of people would find it interesting.
Does that mean the investigation (if there even was one) as to what happened to your camera while it was out of your hands has been closed?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Obviously, I don't have any information about any Albuquerque Police Department or Albuquerque Aviation Police Department internal affairs investigation of Officer Bobby Dilley, Officer Landrow Wiggins, or Officer Julio De La Peńa (these are the only three officers who were ever on the prosecution's witness list; we interviewed all three of them; only Dilley testified). If anyone else does, I think lots of people would find it interesting..
Here's a start: http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro...ro06-10-06.htm
Riley said in an interview Friday that she and her former boyfriend, ex-APD Officer Robert Dilley, got into an argument on May 7. The couple had been "breaking up for quite some time," and, on the evening of the argument, Dilley threw Riley's mobile phone to the ground, breaking it.
Dilley, who was not at the home when police arrived, was arrested later on two counts of misdemeanor domestic violence and a charge of criminal damage to property, court records show.
Brandenburg said that "initially, I didn't think the case sounded very sound.
"But a further review of the evidence would lead one to believe that the case does have some merit."
The case has been forwarded to 1st Judicial District Attorney Henry Valdez in Santa Fe for review and possible prosecution.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And as you might recall, during preliminary motions (#5, from 14:25 to 17:06 in the audio recording made by IDP), we were barred from mentioning any police internal affairs investigations during the trial.

Judge Fitzwater: "The state is concerned that defense is going to raise the issue that there is an internal affairs complaint or that there's a civil matter hanging on this."

Defense attorney (Hollander): "Your honor, in our discovery motion, we asked for Brady and Giglio as we always do. I learned yesterday that there were some incidents, I believe, involving one of the officers that were serious. I called counsel and said, `What I've learned is hearsay. I want you to check it out, and I want you to represent to the court whether there's Giglio information and Brady information which we should add to this case.' I can only rely on his representation. He says that there isn't."

The prosecutor (Drebing) said he didn't have access to personnel records or IA investigations, but made some inquiry and could represent that based on what was represented to him, there was nothing to be disclosed at that time.

Officer De La Peńa worked about 26 years as a police officer in schools, and has worked for AAPD for about eight years since. Officer Wiggins worked two years with AAPD, 20 years security with Isleta Pueblo, then back to AAPD. Officer Dilley worked for the Albuquerque Police Department for 20 years, part of which was in "narcotics" (prohibited drugs / controlled substances of all sorts, not just narcotics) investigations, before retiring and then working for the aviation police.
He was sued seven times for in federal court for civil rights violations during the period he was working narcotics. The allegations involved false arrest, bad searches, excessive force and in one case, the seizure of $67,000.00 without a warrant or probable cause. It looks like five of the suits were settled including the cash one. The two suits filed by prisoners were never evaluated on their merits likely because judges don't take prisoners' suits seriously, especially after the PLRA.

Did you have CDC stuff on you when you were arrested?

Originally Posted by Dan_E
Mods . . .Thx.
You should PM the moderators or use the report bad post button to convey such requests.

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
So he has a temper on him. He also doesn't like electronic media.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:16 am

I had so much CDC stuff Wiggins put my backpack in a wheelchair to roll to the office

Originally Posted by Ari
Did you have CDC stuff on you when you were arrested?
Probably 40 pounds of it:
I also had multiple brochures and business cards from various other drug-policy-focused groups whose representatives I met with at the DPA conference.

This was on Wiggins' belt tape:
Code:
14:41:58  Wiggins  Hey Jesus, gimme one of them chairs, man.  I'm a-- I'm gonna
		   use it [inaudible] This stuff is heavy.  And I'll bring it
		   back, okay?
While he and Wiggins were searching through my bags full of political materials, Dilley said:

Code:
14:56:03  Dilley  You know, I'm all for somebody having their, their beliefs,
		  but when you create a situation at the checkpoint that causes
                  a disturbance...
Originally Posted by Ari
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
So he has a temper on him. He also doesn't like electronic media.
That's pretty much what I thought about that article. That and, "I just fell down the stairs. It's nothing, really." The fact that the alleged victim's confidant, District Court Judge Murdoch, says he heard them arguing when he phoned, and was prompted to send over the police over to check on her safety, suggests that it was quite a heated argument.

But people are accused of things they didn't do all the time.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport

I suspect this MySpace page is from the same person.
That guy who just shot all those people in Tuscon was a MySpace user, too. I think we should steer clear of these people.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
But people are accused of things they didn't do all the time.
Ah, but we've been reliably informed that not guilty is not the same as innocent.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:17 am

Found This for Phil

Not sure if this contributes anything but I did find this on Dilley from the first quarter of 2005 in the New Mexico District Court - Litigation Department:

Robert F. Dilley and James F. Vautier v. City of Albuquerque and John Doe Insurance Company. Complaint was Breach of Contract and Statutory Duty and Declaratory Relief.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.