Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q4 2022 Chase Freedom Cards--5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:02 am
Original Poster

I thought this was worth sharing as you can enroll starting today. Keep an eye on Walmart purchases, as there were some issues with some stores coding as grocery and then people not getting 5X. Walmart.com should be fine.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Same categories as in 4th Quarter of 2020 and 2021:

Q4 2021 Chase Freedom Cards--5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal Purchases

Freedom/Freedom Flex Q4 2020 bonus categories: PayPal & Walmart

...which means many questions can be answered by reviewing those threads.
ecs0013 and sdsearch like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:29 am

Can you generate a QR code with paypal at the register of Wags/CVS ? I see this confirmed for "pharmacies" but wanted to make sure both places accepted. Going for the 7x on VGC for the Flex in q4 and hoping a chase offer populates as well for CVS/Wags
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Can you generate a QR code with paypal at the register of Wags/CVS ? I see this confirmed for "pharmacies" but wanted to make sure both places accepted. Going for the 7x on VGC for the Flex in q4 and hoping a chase offer populates as well for CVS/Wags
Try this, from the thread where AMEX had a monthly PayPal promo
American Express Platinum: $30 PayPal Credit Per Month Until June 30

Posts 319-322

Originally Posted by berombeu
Using Paypal at CVS was a bit tricky. Some cashiers there had no clue what it was when I showed them the Paypal QR code to pay. The cashier was even said, "we don't take Paypal". You have to instruct them to "hit other payment, then digital"
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
It worked last year at CVS. Walgreens didn't accept Paypal. Do they accept it now?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have 2 Freedom cards and a Freedom Flex. I'm very happy about this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by yugi
It worked last year at CVS. Walgreens didn't accept Paypal. Do they accept it now?
The PayPal option for Walgreens is online only I think, but can be used for curb/ instore pickup.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:45 pm

I'm sure this is more of Paypal question but I just went and got a VGC from a pharmacy with my Flex and paid with my QR code with Paypal. I instantly got $10 back from Paypal. What was this promo, I didn't sign up for any?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm sure this is more of Paypal question but I just went and got a VGC from a pharmacy with my Flex and paid with my QR code with Paypal. I instantly got $10 back from Paypal. What was this promo, I didn't sign up for any?
not sure about yours, but I just got an email from both Starbucks and Paypal to "Enjoy $5 off when you use PayPal to reload your Starbucks Card or make a purchase of $10 or more." It's not much, but a double dipping opportunity is a double dipping opportunity

Last edited by mia; Oct 11, 2022 at 6:54 pm
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
The PayPal option for Walgreens is online only I think, but can be used for curb/ instore pickup.
PayPal at Walgreens and CVS on Flex is rewarding 7% currently (4% for Q4 PayPal, 2% for Pharmacy and 1% standard).
Burj likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:15 pm

PayPal in-store at CVS is rewarding 7% on Flex. (Aside from online purchases.)

But man, that is one of the worse implementations. It takes 15-30 seconds to get an authorization from PayPal and you have to setup the QR code instructions each time (don't use balance, select Flex as default) before scanning, and in my case, PayPal came back with a different approved amount than what the total was so I had to use a supplemental card. Makes no sense.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:37 am

Check PayPal for a reward for 4% off at CVS too
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

If I use PayPal for an on-line purchase billed in €, does that get charged a foreign transaction fee? Put another way, does using PayPay mask the underlying currency? Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
If I use PayPal for an on-line purchase billed in €, does that get charged a foreign transaction fee? Put another way, does using PayPay mask the underlying currency? Thanks.
On a web checkout, I recall Paypal giving the choice to bill me either in USD at a Paypal-converted rate, or in the original currency, which will then be converted by the underlying card you use (triggering any FTF etc). I don't recall Paypal's rate, but I doubt it's ever better than your card's.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by serpens
Originally Posted by edelweiss
On a web checkout, I recall Paypal giving the choice to bill me either in USD at a Paypal-converted rate, or in the original currency, which will then be converted by the underlying card you use (triggering any FTF etc). I don't recall Paypal's rate, but I doubt it's ever better than your card's.
Yep. PayPal gives you the choice of paying in USD or directly in the merchant currency. Paying in USD escapes the FTF but Paypal's exchange rate is really, really bad so it's cheaper to pay Chase the 3%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.