Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Freedom/Freedom Flex Q4 2020 bonus categories: PayPal & Walmart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Acc to DOC, 2020 4th quarter bonus categories are PayPal and Walmart. Unfortunately, no wholesale clubs.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I can’t wait to spend $504.94 exactly 3 times and put this card back In the sock drawer until 2021
EkekoBWI likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL PM
I buy a lot of stuff through Paypal, definitely more than gas or restaurants or groceries, per month. This bonus will be awesome.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 8:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
Acc to DOC, 2020 4th quarter bonus categories are PayPal and Walmart. Unfortunately, no wholesale clubs.
More accurately, according to DoC, it's what someone who did the product change reported to DoC after speaking with a Chase CSR.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I can’t wait to spend $504.94 exactly 3 times and put this card back In the sock drawer until 2021
I can't wait to make an estimated tax prepayment of $1471.17 through payUSAtax (in addition to the 1.96% fee), then repeat that a second time with my other Freedom card. Then I can sock drawer both cards.

This is my favorite category.
alvinroast likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
More accurately, according to DoC, it's what someone who did the product change reported to DoC after speaking with a Chase CSR.
Paypal and Walmart as 4Q categories are now confirmed when looking at the 5% cash back calendar thru the UR portal.
seawolf likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:03 pm

Do you think in 2021 they will have different 5% cash-back categories for Freedom and Freedom Flex every quarter?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Do you think in 2021 they will have different 5% cash-back categories for Freedom and Freedom Flex every quarter?
Depends upon what you mean.

Will every quarter's categories be different from the other quarters in 2021? Yes, if history is any indicator.

Will those categories differ from previous years' bonus categories? No, if history is any indicator.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Depends upon what you mean.

Will every quarter's categories be different from the other quarters in 2021? Yes, if history is any indicator.

Will those categories differ from previous years' bonus categories? No, if history is any indicator.
Sorry, let me clarify. I meant to ask whether the 5% Bonus Categories for Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Flex be different in Q1 2021 (no overlap in the bonus categoiries between the two credit cards). Both the credit cards have the same 5% bonus categories for Q4 2020 per my understanding.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Sorry, let me clarify. I meant to ask whether the 5% Bonus Categories for Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Flex be different in Q1 2021 (no overlap in the bonus categoiries between the two credit cards). Both the credit cards have the same 5% bonus categories for Q4 2020 per my understanding.
Of course, no one will no for sure till next year, but I am confident the bonus categories will be the same. It wouldn't make sense if Chase gave the Freedom separate categories after pulling applications and they also don't want to encourage people to have multiple 5% cards.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
While very unlikely, I would personally like for Freedom and Freedom Flex to have different 5% categories. Perhaps there could be additional earnings opportunities for those that don’t want to spend well over $1,500 in one category
Happy and mangust like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
I can't wait to make an estimated tax prepayment of $1471.17 through payUSAtax (in addition to the 1.96% fee), then repeat that a second time with my other Freedom card. Then I can sock drawer both cards.

This is my favorite category.
Does payUSAtax code as PayPal? Otherwise, I don't understand. [Edited to add: I see that you can checkout with PayPal. Great to know, thanks.]
SPN Lifer and alvinroast like this.

Last edited by JFKLAX321; Sep 16, 2020 at 10:44 am
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:56 pm

Question about paying with PayPal. If I do PayPal with freedom card linked to it, can I do a NFC with it to get the 5%? I think it would be something like use Google tap to pay, then it links to my PayPal and then it's using the freedom card to get the 5%. Is this possible to get the 5 on PayPal?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Interesting. I used PayPal with my CF card at what I thought was a seller based in China (figuring that with the FTF I'd still come out more ahead than if I used CFU or a no-FTF card) and it seems that no FTF actually posted along with the charge. I suspect the seller actually had a US PayPal account (as pricing on their online store was in USD) but I mention it in case others have noticed similar.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
If the pricing on the site was in USD, than the transaction should be in USD and no FTF should be charged. At least that is my understanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.