Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html

This thread is the 2019 version of our https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1710270-chase-retention-bonus-offers-june-2015-present-all-cards.html

Please give us the following data:
Current retention offers (specify the date [mm/dd/yyyy], the card, the offer, how long you had the card and yearly spend)

When you call, you MUST ask if there are any offers on your account. Don't ask for an AF waiver, ask if they can credit your account the $95 (or whatever your AF is) to your account. They cannot remove the AF, but they can credit an amount to offset it. If you cancel your card within 30 days of receiving retention bonus, then Chase may claw back that bonus Note that Chase has shortened the period in which you can close the card and get the fee refunded. It is 30 days for most (or all?) cards.

If you don't get a retention bonus, the card you are holding may have the option of a downgrade. Cards that are downgraded may be upgraded at a later date. Consolidated discussion of that topic is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Retention Offers - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:33 am
Original Poster

5th year in a row ask and thee shall receive

For the 5th year in a row I called about the annual fee on my Ritz Carlton Visa & got some consideration, this year $150 rebate with no prerequisites - Annual fee still $395 so net $245 is very reasonable considering the features and benefits this card offers.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:02 pm

Ink Plus - received $50 statement credit in June end. Renewed.
No spend this year. $1-2k last year.
Was offered credit straight away. No spending bonus offers available
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Chase Ink Plus $50 SC. Around $30K spent. Accepted. Not like I will cancel it anytime soon
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: United, Southwest, SPG
Chase Sapphire Preferred

7/17/19 - 3rd anniversary, 30k spend, $60 statement credit AFTER no offer HUCA.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:52 pm

With Chase, do you have to be connected t the retention department by throwing the "C" word around or do you get to where you need from the first CSR rep?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat
CSP - Got a $60 statement credit on second call. Nothing on the first call.

Does anyone have any data points on the WoH card?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:57 pm

Ink Plus

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
With Chase, do you have to be connected t the retention department by throwing the "C" word around or do you get to where you need from the first CSR rep?
No, I just got the $50 credit statement for Ink Plus by asking the first rep if there were any offers on my account to offset the AF. I've spent about $10,000 on it in the last year, all in the 5x categories.

Also the AF doesn't post until August 1, so I didn't need to wait for the fee to post as some of have said.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
just called to cancel/get fee waved for my mileage plus explorer card. I keep it for the elite åward upgrades. I thought they would at least transfer me to retention. The agent just said that retention was busy and she could handle my cancelation right away.

Was kinda surprised! thought they'd try harder to upsell me/downsell me on another product. Oh well, this means I can sign up for another bonus in 18-24 months... haha
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by bbmatt
just called to cancel/get fee waved for my mileage plus explorer card. I keep it for the elite åward upgrades. I thought they would at least transfer me to retention. The agent just said that retention was busy and she could handle my cancelation right away.

Was kinda surprised! thought they'd try harder to upsell me/downsell me on another product. Oh well, this means I can sign up for another bonus in 18-24 months... haha
if you're up for it, it's good to downgrade to no AF version because certain benefits are kept.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: United 1P
Is there any retention offer for Marriott Bonvoy card?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:38 pm

07/31/19
Chase Southwest Premier Business
Annual fee hit
Called for retention offers, received $100 statement credit
Minimal spend, enough to hit initial MSR, and occasion $5.60 charges from award redemptions
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Ink Biz Prefered edit Ink BizPlus
Have had it for years, tons of 5x spend
No offers
In fact, the agent said categorically that for at least a year Chase has not offered retention bonuses on biz cards
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by 808traveler
if you're up for it, it's good to downgrade to no AF version because certain benefits are kept.
They offered, but said that there werent really any benefits for the no annual fee card. The only one i really care about is the award elite upgrade option. Without that, I rather cancel and reset the clock for another bonus is 18 months
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:24 am

I just got turned down for any retention incentive. Wow, things have changed among the credit card companies. No mileage/min spend, no nothing. I paid last year's AF. Anyway, I felt the rejection as soon as the CSR answered. I think it's a change corporate wide.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:02 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Tailgater
I just got turned down for any retention incentive. Wow, things have changed among the credit card companies. No mileage/min spend, no nothing. I paid last year's AF. Anyway, I felt the rejection as soon as the CSR answered. I think it's a change corporate wide.
Just wonder why you are surprised for no retention offers. Bank profits have not been great and both AmEx and Chase look to cut costs. I expect banks will pull back more on retention. It is a loser's game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.