Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html

This thread is the 2019 version of our https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1710270-chase-retention-bonus-offers-june-2015-present-all-cards.html

Please give us the following data:
Current retention offers (specify the date [mm/dd/yyyy], the card, the offer, how long you had the card and yearly spend)

When you call, you MUST ask if there are any offers on your account. Don't ask for an AF waiver, ask if they can credit your account the $95 (or whatever your AF is) to your account. They cannot remove the AF, but they can credit an amount to offset it. If you cancel your card within 30 days of receiving retention bonus, then Chase may claw back that bonus Note that Chase has shortened the period in which you can close the card and get the fee refunded. It is 30 days for most (or all?) cards.

If you don't get a retention bonus, the card you are holding may have the option of a downgrade. Cards that are downgraded may be upgraded at a later date. Consolidated discussion of that topic is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Retention Offers - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Bonvoy Brilliant first renewal - everyone gets $25 extra statement credit (if registered). Additionally, I got 20k Marriott points for spending $2k in 3 months.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
Bonvoy Brilliant first renewal - everyone gets $25 extra statement credit (if registered). Additionally, I got 20k Marriott points for spending $2k in 3 months.
You do know the Bonvoy Brilliant is an Amex card, right? ...cause this is the Chase forum.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:20 pm

Chase Sapphire Preferred: No offers. Annual spend: ~$2500 all in bonus category. Cardholder since 2015
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:00 pm

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Business
1st year $99 Annual Fee
Called number on back of card and they waived the fee
Minimal spend, only to hit MSR.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:07 am

Marriott Bonvoy Business
No offers or credits offered for the first year since sign up (paid $99 the first year as well)

Zero spend on the card since hitting MSR.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Anyone here got any retention offer for the Chase Ritz Carlton card? Just called today. Had card for 3 years but nothing
808traveler likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, FlyingBlue
Chase United MileagePlus Club Card

Annual fee is $450, called to cancel and was offered $100 to keep account open. My annual spend is $250k.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
sweet - LOL/24 and got a $100 statement credit on the chase business premiere southwest card... effectively reducing the AF to -$1

spent like 15K in first year
808traveler likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by flymax77
sweet - LOL/24 and got a $100 statement credit on the chase business premiere southwest card... effectively reducing the AF to -$1

spent like 15K in first year
Wow killer! Makes me wonder if retention is down (performance?) so they're trying their best to maintain members.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:04 am

Chase United Explorer -- retention?

I'm likely going to cancel my Chase United Mileage Explorer card due to the annual fee. Have folks been getting any retention offers for keeping this card?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iowa guy
I'm likely going to cancel my Chase United Mileage Explorer card due to the annual fee. Have folks been getting any retention offers for keeping this card?
This is a short thread, and you wouldn't have had to look back far to see:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31497199-post15.html

But of course, your experience might be different. How much does it hurt to try?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
This is a short thread, and you wouldn't have had to look back far to see:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31497199-post15.html

But of course, your experience might be different. How much does it hurt to try?
I didn't even post in this thread... someone was smart enough to move it here.

I called Chase and all they offered me was a downgrade to a no annual fee card. I declined--I already have too many cards.

I've always wondered if I should ask for the retention department [if there really is such a thing).
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:28 pm

I called today about the Southwest Airlines Premier card and got no offer.

I asked the rep to move the credit line to another Chase card I have and then closed the card. Last year I got a $100 statement credit.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by XanderBsb
I called today about the Southwest Airlines Premier card and got no offer.

I asked the rep to move the credit line to another Chase card I have and then closed the card. Last year I got a $100 statement credit.
did u call a specific retention number for the $100 credit? My AF is coming up on Oct 1 for my business ink preferred card..
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
did u call a specific retention number for the $100 credit? My AF is coming up on Oct 1 for my business ink preferred card..
No, I didn't. I called the number on the back of my card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.