Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html

This thread is the 2019 version of our https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1710270-chase-retention-bonus-offers-june-2015-present-all-cards.html

Please give us the following data:
Current retention offers (specify the date [mm/dd/yyyy], the card, the offer, how long you had the card and yearly spend)

When you call, you MUST ask if there are any offers on your account. Don't ask for an AF waiver, ask if they can credit your account the $95 (or whatever your AF is) to your account. They cannot remove the AF, but they can credit an amount to offset it. If you cancel your card within 30 days of receiving retention bonus, then Chase may claw back that bonus Note that Chase has shortened the period in which you can close the card and get the fee refunded. It is 30 days for most (or all?) cards.

If you don't get a retention bonus, the card you are holding may have the option of a downgrade. Cards that are downgraded may be upgraded at a later date. Consolidated discussion of that topic is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Retention Offers - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stallionv
Had Chase Sapphire Reserve for 4 years now, called for first time for offer and was told none.
The CSR has only existed for 3 years, since Aug. 2016. And it's well documented that Chase doesn't give retention bonuses on that card.
Happy likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:34 pm

if we choose to cancel we have up to 41 days from the statement date.
So lets say you have renewal on December 2, the statement closes with that fee of $450 on December 25. You now have 41 days from Dec 25 to cancel and get a full refund.

Have we always had 41 days from the statement date to cancel?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iowa guy
The language is 30 days from the fee is billed.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The CSR has only existed for 3 years, since Aug. 2016. And it's well documented that Chase doesn't give retention bonuses on that card.
Yup my friend so 2019 is the 4th calendar year 😊 and so I never asked before but it never hurts to check.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by iowa guy
I have not checked the disclosures but the rep is the one who confirmed 41 days. Of course if you plan to cancel you would want to double check.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Yup my friend so 2019 is the 4th calendar year 😊 and so I never asked before but it never hurts to check.
Starting on your fourth year of having a card is not the same as already having it for four years.
Happy, krazykanuck and pallhedge like this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:08 am

I have not checked the disclosures but the rep is the one who confirmed 41 days. Of course if you plan to cancel you would want to double check.
There's no reason to double-check, it's on my statement every month. 30 days--not 41. You can easily confirm for yourself that the rep gave you bad info. Chase reps are notoriously uninformed.
Happy likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by pallhedge
There's no reason to double-check, it's on my statement every month. 30 days--not 41. You can easily confirm for yourself that the rep gave you bad info. Chase reps are notoriously uninformed.
Simply not true. That was the window i had last year. The rep was correct
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by weezl
Simply not true. That was the window i had last year. The rep was correct
Did you cancel or product change?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:34 am

Did you cancel or product change?
Took the annual bonus the cancelled
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:01 am

Took the annual bonus the cancelled
To be clear, you cancelled your card between 30 and 41 days after the statement that had your AF on it and had your AF refunded? IME the "41 days" is the policy for product changes, not cancellations. This would be a new data point for me.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:57 am

To be clear, you cancelled your card between 30 and 41 days after the statement that had your AF on it and had your AF refunded? IME the "41 days" is the policy for product changes, not cancellations. This would be a new data point for me.
I see what you are asking, sorry. This is what happened:

My old post
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:39 pm

I see what you are asking, sorry. This is what happened:

My old post
Chase has different annual fee refund policies for cancellations and product changes. Thanks for clarifying. I maintain that @stallionv was given bad info by the rep OR he meant to write "product change" instead of "cancel" in his OP.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:24 pm

Chase has different annual fee refund policies for cancellations and product changes. Thanks for clarifying. I maintain that @stallionv was given bad info by the rep OR he meant to write "product change" instead of "cancel" in his OP.
Thanks for clarifying. I was indeed told cancel so may have been bad info from the rep. Since I as well know most other publishers like AMex give you 30 days for getting a full refund after cancellation.
i would always double check with a second rep irrespective since even reps info or knowledge would vary
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Just called (twice) to cancel both my SW Business Premier and my SW Personal Plus cards, very minimal spend since meeting the bonus requirements in January 2018 (for CP of course), each open 25 months. No offers made - with the Biz card I was transferred to a different rep but there was never any mention of anything related to retention.

I'm trying to get another 2 years of Companion Pass, so I plan on re-applying for the Business Premier card after the 24-month clock is up on my last 60K bonus from that card (mid-January).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.