Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Originally Posted by iowa guy
I'm trying to upgrade, this morning, using the link from Marriott in my email. Each time I try I get this message: We are sorry. We are unable to process your request at this time.
For further assistance, please call the number on the back of your card.

Did anyone else get that?
Yes, I got the same message.
I called Marriott # on back of my card...
The rep said I would get a new card in 3-5 business days...
and my 50,000 points as per offer...with one purchase.

A friend did not get the email, so he called and said I did...
The rep gave him 50,000 points and new card.
and another 50,000 points for his wife's card.

Tj
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I didn’t get any email, but the link with the upgrade form (enter name, email, zip, last four digits of card) results in the same error.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have never received any communication about this, but a few months ago the upgrade link was showing a 20K offer, which I didn't accept. Ever since the DoC article about upgrade offers having been increased, I've checked the upgrade link a few times, and received the error message that's been mentioned here a few times.

I just called in, and the rep told me the 50K upgrade offer is available to me, and upgraded me on the phone. I jotted down her name and time of call, in case I have any issues.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I didn’t get any email, but the link with the upgrade form (enter name, email, zip, last four digits of card) results in the same error.
Actually, the link in the wiki worked for me. I took screen shots every step of the way since others in this thread have had issues. Hopefully, it will work out.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jeanie
Actually, the link in the wiki worked for me. I took screen shots every step of the way since others in this thread have had issues. Hopefully, it will work out.

when was that? I tried it again, and got the same error again,
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

when was that? I tried it again, and got the same error again,
It was Sunday night, Oct. 28th. It worked, showed a 50K bonus, so I filled it out immediately.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:29 pm

I think the confusion is that business card holders also got the email about the 50,000 points for upgrade. The business card had already been automatically converted to new card. Is there anyone who has been able to use link or otherwise find a way to get the upgrade points on the business card? I suspect the people having offers with the upgrade link are all business card holders.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jjfab
I think the confusion is that business card holders also got the email about the 50,000 points for upgrade. The business card had already been automatically converted to new card. Is there anyone who has been able to use link or otherwise find a way to get the upgrade points on the business card? I suspect the people having offers with the upgrade link are all business card holders.
(bolding added)

By offers, do you actually mean "issues" ?

If so, no, I have a personal card and get the error from the wiki upgrade link.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Have a 50K upgrade offer when login to my Chase credit card account and the link worked (previously got 20K offer but the link always resulted with errors).

Since the upgrade will reset the timing of my anniversary free night, which is February, I'll pass this time.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I believe there have been DPs that say that the upgrade changes your annual fee anniversary date, but does not change your free night anniversary date.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wendySFO
Have a 50K upgrade offer when login to my Chase credit card account and the link worked (previously got 20K offer but the link always resulted with errors).

Since the upgrade will reset the timing of my anniversary free night, which is February, I'll pass this time.
I had no luck again with the website, and so I called the number on the back of my card and spoke to an agent, and they said the 50k offer was available for me. They read off the T&Cs, which did talk about what seemed like a change to the card anniversary. So I asked about that, and the agent said only the annual fee anniversary was changing as a result of my upgrade, the free night anniversary schedule was going to stick to my original card anniversary.

So are you sure that the upgrade will reset the timing of your anniversary free night? Do you know that from past datapoints, or is that just from your read of the T&Cs?

But meanwhile, even if it is true, isn't 50k (which is equivalent to two old-card free night certs and about 1.5 new-card free night certs) worth the timing reset?

This current round of upgrade requires the single purchase to be done by Dec 31, so it's not clear whether these upgrades will still be available next year.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I had no luck again with the website, and so I called the number on the back of my card and spoke to an agent, and they said the 50k offer was available for me. They read off the T&Cs, which did talk about what seemed like a change to the card anniversary. So I asked about that, and the agent said only the annual fee anniversary was changing as a result of my upgrade, the free night anniversary schedule was going to stick to my original card anniversary.

So are you sure that the upgrade will reset the timing of your anniversary free night? Do you know that from past datapoints, or is that just from your read of the T&Cs?

But meanwhile, even if it is true, isn't 50k (which is equivalent to two old-card free night certs and about 1.5 new-card free night certs) worth the timing reset?

This current round of upgrade requires the single purchase to be done by Dec 31, so it's not clear whether these upgrades will still be available next year.
I have not upgraded my credit card so don't have personal datapoint to share.
My previous comments were based on reading the T&C and some discussion from "insiders.marriott.com" message such as: https://insiders.marriottrewards.com/message/251060. The response align with T&C.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:25 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond

I wonder if this significantly improved offer is to get many more current card holders to upgrade as if there hasn't been enough conversion (at least not what Chase had hoped for). While this round of 50K offer with essentially no minimum spend is enticing, I wonder if Chase might further improve its offer should there be not enough people upgrading this time. Perhaps I am getting a bit greedy, but I would hate to bite now only to find out a 75K offer comes along next year! I certainly feel bad for those that took the initial 10K offer.

LAX
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
I wonder if this significantly improved offer is to get many more current card holders to upgrade as if there hasn't been enough conversion (at least not what Chase had hoped for). While this round of 50K offer with essentially no minimum spend is enticing, I wonder if Chase might further improve its offer should there be not enough people upgrading this time. Perhaps I am getting a bit greedy, but I would hate to bite now only to find out a 75K offer comes along next year! I certainly feel bad for those that took the initial 10K offer.

LAX
It's impossible to know what will happen in the future. But I think the current offers expire on 12/31/18. After that date, there might not be any offers for upgrading. As they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

For people that have had the old Premier card for less than a year, the annual fee of $95 will be credited for the next year after the upgrade. So for me, it is a 50K bonus, no annual fee for another year, and a 35K anniversary free night certificate in 2019. The elite night credit for every $3000 spend is of no value to me. I think this is a great deal. 50K is 2/3 of the current bonus for a new card, there is no $3000 spend required, it won't count towards 5/24, and there is no hard pull.

If this increased bonus is due to a lot of people not choosing to upgrade, other factors could be involved with that. The upgrade site doesn't seem to be working reliably, and I never received any emails telling me to upgrade. If these are common problems, then that would prevent a lot of people from upgrading to the new card.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had no luck again with the website, and so I called the number on the back of my card and spoke to an agent, and they said the 50k offer was available for me.
I will call them tomorrow to see if I am eligible. My anniversary night recently posted (Sept) and I have an active reservation with it, so even if the anniversary date were to move by a few months, that wouldn’t be a big deal. Not sure yet that I am going to keep this card in the long term anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.