Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eknock007
Link for upgrade offers: https://www.chase.com/chasegreatrewards/catchall

Offers reported as of 5/3:
Points are to be received after one purchase. Offer is good to yearend

Offers as of 10/9:
Chase is starting to increase offer to 50k, up from 20k and 10k. Check your in-boxes.
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Still waiting on my other 40000 points

Originally Posted by rrohio
I also only got 10,000 points after first purchase. I called and rep. said he could not find any notes about 50,000 points. I told him that I had the email from them with the 50,000 upgrade offer if he needed it. He said he would send the request upstairs to promo dept. for additional 40,000 points but they would not post for 4-6 weeks. So we will see
Extra 40,000 points didn't post on December statement as CSR rep claimed they would. So I sent email from Chase online acct. and they answered saying now the 40,000 extra points they owe me will post on Jan. 13. I guess I will see. At least now I have it in writng that they admit they owe the points for the upgrade. Bad business practice on Chase's behalf
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:47 pm

Got our additional 40K

Originally Posted by rrohio
Extra 40,000 points didn't post on December statement as CSR rep claimed they would. So I sent email from Chase online acct. and they answered saying now the 40,000 extra points they owe me will post on Jan. 13. I guess I will see. At least now I have it in writng that they admit they owe the points for the upgrade. Bad business practice on Chase's behalf
I know its a terrible feeling when you expect 50K points and you only get 10K. Well, that is exactly what happened to my wife and I on separate cards. Just today, we got the additional 40K points meeting the promised 50K. We got it on both cards so in the end, Chase and Marriott did deliver. BTW, we used the PM feature to complain about the shortage. Its a great tool and I recommend it. But be sure to read and reread your message to ensure the recipient understands it the way you intend.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by EZTraveler
I know its a terrible feeling when you expect 50K points and you only get 10K. Well, that is exactly what happened to my wife and I on separate cards. Just today, we got the additional 40K points meeting the promised 50K. We got it on both cards so in the end, Chase and Marriott did deliver. BTW, we used the PM feature to complain about the shortage. Its a great tool and I recommend it. But be sure to read and reread your message to ensure the recipient understands it the way you intend.
What is the PM feature? I upgraded my card ~3 weeks ago and qualified for the 50k bonus but nothing has posted yet. I am going to wait until after the new year and then see if I can talk to somebody.

I'm Marriott Platinum.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
What is the PM feature? I upgraded my card ~3 weeks ago and qualified for the 50k bonus but nothing has posted yet. I am going to wait until after the new year and then see if I can talk to somebody.

I'm Marriott Platinum.
PM = Private Message, it’s a feature of the Chase website. I had the same issues some months ago and after a PM they advised I would get the points in two different postings.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:09 am

YUP what he said!

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

PM = Private Message, it’s a feature of the Chase website. I had the same issues some months ago and after a PM they advised I would get the points in two different postings.

AND both myself and my wife got them.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:52 pm

I guess I was one of the lucky ones with the smoothest upgrade process one could ask for. I upgraded and the 50k points posted within 2 weeks, before I even made a charge on the new card.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Technically it's SM, secure messages.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by GiantCow
I guess I was one of the lucky ones with the smoothest upgrade process one could ask for. I upgraded and the 50k points posted within 2 weeks, before I even made a charge on the new card.
I'm jealous. Been over a month since upgrading, many purchases including 2 Marriott stays, and no bonus posted. Guess it's time to PM Chase.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:31 pm

FWIW, I sent a secure message to Chase and was told I should receive my bonus points 6 to 8 weeks after my first purchase with the new card.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Should have taken the 50k upgrade offer (no good reason as to why I didn't). Just checked and my current offer is a $200 statement credit after $3k spend. :/
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
My offer Posted on January 10 so it took about 5 weeks end to end, but all 50,000 points showed up.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:53 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by robhakari
Should have taken the 50k upgrade offer (no good reason as to why I didn't). Just checked and my current offer is a $200 statement credit after $3k spend. :/
No intention of rubbing it in at all, but I am glad I took the 50K offer with a single purchase (no min). I wonder if your offer is unique to you (ie: others might have better offers).

LAX
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by robhakari
Just checked and my current offer is a $200 statement credit after $3k spend. :/
Ditto. It was 50k in December.

Not going to upgrade for that. Would rather keep the $3k spend for 1 elite night to make sure I hit Plat.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:27 pm

Update: Received my 50k points on Jan. 19th.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I got an offer to upgrade to Chase Premier plus today $200 statement credit when I spend $3K in the next three months. I still have the regular marriott card as well as the Business Premier card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.