FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Marriott Premier PLUS - post your upgrade offers
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:52 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wendySFO
Have a 50K upgrade offer when login to my Chase credit card account and the link worked (previously got 20K offer but the link always resulted with errors).

Since the upgrade will reset the timing of my anniversary free night, which is February, I'll pass this time.
I had no luck again with the website, and so I called the number on the back of my card and spoke to an agent, and they said the 50k offer was available for me. They read off the T&Cs, which did talk about what seemed like a change to the card anniversary. So I asked about that, and the agent said only the annual fee anniversary was changing as a result of my upgrade, the free night anniversary schedule was going to stick to my original card anniversary.

So are you sure that the upgrade will reset the timing of your anniversary free night? Do you know that from past datapoints, or is that just from your read of the T&Cs?

But meanwhile, even if it is true, isn't 50k (which is equivalent to two old-card free night certs and about 1.5 new-card free night certs) worth the timing reset?

This current round of upgrade requires the single purchase to be done by Dec 31, so it's not clear whether these upgrades will still be available next year.