Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

2018 2nd Quarter Freedom Bonus Categories: Groceries, PayPal , Chase Pay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
5% cash back on purchases up to $1500 during the 2nd quarter
Must activate the bonus online

Bonus categories:
  1. Paypal - Includes purchases made using your Freedom card with PayPal for purchases or sending money.
  2. Chase Pay - Includes purchases made using your Freedom card with your Chase Pay mobile wallet during check out.
  3. Grocery Stores (not including Walmart® and Target® purchases).
Print Wikipost

2018 2nd Quarter Freedom Bonus Categories: Groceries, PayPal , Chase Pay

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snic
I guess this depends on the phone. If I had to unlock with a code, it would be less convenient. But with a thumbprint, it's very fast.
I would think it also depends on how many cards you have, unless you have an app that figures outs what category store you're in and automatically selects the right card for that.

I can grab the right card from my wallet way faster than selecting the right card in an app after unlocking the phone.

Now, in this special case, with Chase Pay you might want to only have one card (Freedom) in there while this promo is going on. But if you're going to max out the quarter early, then it gets more complicated again.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:30 pm

Does Paypal charge FTFs? or would your card be charged FTFs to pay international charges via Paypal?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Suggested reading:

Paypal forces to use their currency exchange with payment
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Did a test run by paying at the pump at Shell using Chase Pay to see how it will work. Not too much hassle but I don't think I'll continue doing it that way after the bonus expires.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:49 am

So once again for this Q2 can go to Walmart.com and buy Wally gift cards using Chase Pay and that counts towards the bonus?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
So once again for this Q2 can go to Walmart.com and buy Wally gift cards using Chase Pay and that counts towards the bonus?
Should be.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:06 pm

Any way to use Chase Pay as an AU?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:00 am
Suspended

The other way to get around is to just login as the primary holder.

Last edited by RedSun; Mar 21, 2018 at 9:40 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes.
Details?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:33 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ElCaminoReal
Details?
I don't think it's any different than the primary user for the card. I am primary. My husband is an AU. Chase Pay is set up on his phone to bring up the Freedom card.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

If for some reasons you can't bring the AU cards from inside your Chase Pay, just login in as the primary card holder. Most of the time it is not a problem since AU mostly come from the same family.

I tested it a little further. In my Chase Pay, I'm missing the card which I'm an AU. Also it is missing my own IHG card. I do not have this problem with my Apple Pay since I can add the primary cards there.

Last edited by RedSun; Mar 21, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I don't think it's any different than the primary user for the card. I am primary. My husband is an AU. Chase Pay is set up on his phone to bring up the Freedom card.
I could be wrong. I need to think about it.
Logging in to Chase Pay with the primary’s credentials has nothing to do with being an AU though. I have my own Chase cards and am AU on my wife’s Freedom. Cycling logins in the Chase Pay app isn’t a very convenient option so was hoping there was another way.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ElCaminoReal
Logging in to Chase Pay with the primary’s credentials has nothing to do with being an AU though. I have my own Chase cards and am AU on my wife’s Freedom. Cycling logins in the Chase Pay app isn’t a very convenient option so was hoping there was another way.
Since Chase Pay is account based, not card based, there is no ability for the AU to pay out of his/her own account. I think this is the answer. I think all other mobile pay (Apply Pay, Andriot, Sansung etc) are all card based.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Called Chase. There is no way to have the sub card set up in AU's Chase Pay app. You'll have to have primary account to use Chase Pay from the app.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

Called Chase. There is no way to have the sub card set up in AU's Chase Pay app. You'll have to have primary account to use Chase Pay from the app.
My husband uses my Chase access on his phone. That makes it very simple to do Chase Pay on our Freedom card. He does have Chase cards where he is the primary but he has no need to access them on his phone so this works easily for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.