Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is for discussion of so-called Chase Offers, which have the following characteristics:
  • They are visible in your Chase Online account and in the app.
  • They are tied to specific cards, not to every Chase card you hold.
  • They are targeted. You will not necessarily receive the same offer on a specific card type (or even any offer at all) compared to other holders of that card.
  • There may be multiple simultaneous variations of a given offer. Current offers for a specific merchant may vary in terms of discount level (e.g., 10% vs. 20%), expiration date, or maximum benefit. Pay close attention to the particulars of each offer.
  • You must register for (“add”) an offer in order to use it. (The Chase Offers FAQ states incorrectly that registration is not required.)
  • They run for short periods (typically less than 30 days), not for a full quarter.
  • They generally offer a percentage discount (up to a stated maximum) or, less commonly, a fixed rebate (for spending a stated minimum amount) on purchases from an individual merchant. They are typically not for spending in generic categories such as groceries, gas, etc., although these do show up on rare occasions.
  • They are typically for one-time use only. On rare occasions, however, a Chase Offer may apply to all purchases (up to a set maximum) made with the relevant card during the offer period.
  • Chase will occasionally extend an offer with no notice other a changed expiration date in the offer T&C. This does not allow for double-dipping: that is, you may not use a one-time offer during the added period if you already used it during the initial validity period.
  • Statement credits may take as long as two weeks to appear in your transactions.
    • You can adjust your profile settings to receive email notification—usually arriving within a few hours—after you’ve made a qualifying purchase.
    • One-time offers will still be displayed in your account for a number of days after a qualifying purchase. This phenomenon does not mean that the offer is still available. A prudent cardholder will keep track separately of which offers they’ve used.
    • Used offers will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab in your offers for a given card. These normally appear well before the credit itself posts.
    • Unused offers will move to the “Expired” tab after the offer deadline passes. This also happens to used offers if the purchase occurs shortly before offer expiration. Do not worry; the offer will eventually move to the “Redeemed” tab as discussed above.
  • PayPal “double-dipping” is possible. If PayPal is a bonus category for a card on which you also have a Chase Offer, you can double-dip by using PayPal (charged to the relevant card) to make the purchase.
For discussion of Chase’s unrelated quarterly “mybonus” offers, see the wiki and discussion at Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses)
Print Wikipost

"Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swag
I got an email offer of "flash deals", 20% cash back for 20 days at 9 specific merchants (capped at $5-10 back per) including common ones like CVS, McDonalds, Jimmy Johns, Home Depot. But I have several credit cards and didn't recognize the last 4 of the card it applied to. Turns out the 4 digits are my checking account. I guess it applies to debit card purchases. I hadn't gotten offers on that ever before.
We received those on 2 different cards. The expiration dates on one card were Oct 4th while on the other card is Oct 8th.

Only used the one at CVS but neither card received an "Offer used" email.

On top of that at a Shell station today, the card reading machine at the Pump was not able to read the chip. 3 attempts all failed. The offer is only good for pay at the pump so we just left.

There should also be description of the card not only the last 4 digits. It always is very clear that it is the checking account if it has offers showing up.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I see that the T&C for the CVS 20% “flash sale,” which ends for me today, expressly carve out gift cards. Anybody have experience on whether that is true in practice?
Yes you can buy GC. In the past the offer was 10% up to $4, happened a few times over last 2 years. I usually buy a CVS own GC because most other 3rd party's are of no use to us. Recently CVS own gift cards no longer hanging at the GC stands but by the registers.

I did the CVS offer on one card on Oct 3rd for expiry Oct 4th. No email. Though we know last time Staples offer had no email but eventually posted. Hope this is the case. I bought CVS own Gold Emblem nuts due to 1) they are on sale this week at $4.99, (better quality / varieties than Planters), 2) the ExtraCare account got a $5 off out of $20 Gold Emblem Nut / Trail Mix purchase. I bought 4 cans and a Starbuck coffee on sale at $6.99. Despite Nuts only added up to $19.98, CVS POS took the $5 store coupon. (Walgreens must be ove r the amount, could not be even 1 penny less, nor it could adjust its Reward $ lower while CVS can). Total was $21.97 - cannot find anything worthy to bring it to $25 or above. But no "Offer Used" email ever comes.
Of course the offer fell off from the Available / Added, and now in Expired. Transaction shows Oct 3rd. Hopefully it would eventually post.

Today bought a $25 CVS own GC on another card. Also no "Offer Used" email ever comes.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:43 pm

]jyf[
mhdena likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 11, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CVS offer that expired on Oct 4th, used on Oct 3rd - showed up under Redeem tab today. Never receive Offer Used email despite it is activated in Account Alert.

Spent $21.95, credit will be $4.39. (So Chase does not do the rounding, only the full number part is qualified).
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I have lots of 3% offers capped at a buck fifty from Chevron. Used to be at least 5% in the past.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A New Twist -

I found ALL the Redeemed offers were wiped out from the Freedom card which recently used the CVS Flash Offer. I saw it finally showed up under Redeemed 2 days ago on Oct 8th. The next day I looked, all redeemed offers were wiped clean, incl 2 other offers that already received the statement credits.

Today I received the Congrat email on the $4.39 statement credit earned. Transaction was made on Oct 3rd. It takes 5 days for the offer shown as redeemed, and 7 days for it to turn into a statement credit, and triggers a Congrat email. In the interim, all redeemed offer under this particular card were wiped clean once the Flash Offer went into "redeemed" stage.
Will see if this is the same case on another card also used the Flash Offers at CVS and Shell.

There is a regular 10% up to $4 CVS offer pops up on a new Marriott card, fwiw.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:58 pm

gfysj

Last edited by beltway; Apr 11, 2024 at 8:13 pm
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I think Chase has system gremlins lately. The Redeemed tab on my cards simply displays “Chase Offers are unavailable” even though everything else (Expired, All, etc.) works jut fine.
Indeed this is showing in my Freedom card that used the Flash Offer at CVS.

On top of that even though I received the Congrat email yesterday telling me how much statement credit was earned - today the credit has not shown up in the account as in the past - whenever you got that email informing the credit earned, the credit was also processed in the background and you would see it the next day. Not this time. My gut feeling is we would have to chase those Flash Deal Credits.

Meanwhile used a regular CVS credit on BonVoy card - surprise surprise! Got a notification of Offer used email! I dont recall when is the last time such email comes!
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Happy

On top of that even though I received the Congrat email yesterday telling me how much statement credit was earned - today the credit has not shown up in the account as in the past - whenever you got that email informing the credit earned, the credit was also processed in the background and you would see it the next day. Not this time. My gut feeling is we would have to chase those Flash Deal Credits.
I have multiple non-Flash Deal credits where I received the email, often days after the transaction, and I am still waiting for the credit. The whole system seems to be gummed up.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update on the Flash Deals -
CVS posted on one card. 2 days after rec'd the Congrat email. Another card got the Congrats email yesterday. $5 credit in the account today.
Shell used a day after CVS, is still under Added.
A regular CVS offer triggers an email at authorization. Surprise!

CVS store own GC works. We have found the private label Gold Emblem brand nuts are good quality with good varieties to choose from though not every store has good selection. Plus there are often Extra Care discount coupon such as buy $8 get $2 off or buy $20 get $5 off (I used that on the first CVS Flash Deal). On top of that, on the receipt it often spit out short expiration Extra Care Buck for no reason. Got $2 on that transaction, that expired in a week. Used the $2 on expiration day and the receipt gave another $1 Extra Care Buck!
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mhdena
Got the "Flash Deal" 20% back for BestBuy and Home Depot Expires Oct 1 on a Freedom card, used both.
Only BestBuy shows redeemed in the app, Home Depot shows expired.

Got another "Flash Deal" 20% for BestBuy and Macy's Expires Oct 4 on a Marriott Biz card, used both.
Only Macy's shows redeemed in the app. Best Buy shows expired.

In both of the above all offers were added as when you touch/click them they auto add with the green checkmark.

Every offer I've done in the past has credited properly, though this is the first time I've done multiple offers in a short time frame.
I got the BestBuy email from the Freedom card today. Will the ones that aren't showing redeemed eventually show as so?
Or does it take some intervention/ call in?
They have all credited now.
Happy likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:33 am

[nil]
Happy likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 11, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Virtually every one of my Chase cards (except CSR, but incl. Ink Cash) has 10% off at Office Depot/Max capped at $11, good for 41 days.
Steve in Olympia and EkekoBWI like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:05 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I apologize if this has been reported upthread. Has anyone gotten credit for an offer when paying through Paypal? It would be nice if they stack as some Freedom cards have 5% bonus using Paypal. TIA.

LAX
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
My wife's new UA Quest card has not had any offers in the three weeks since she received it.

I suppose Chase knows she is trying to meet the sign-up bonus (SUB) spend requirement, so there is little need to incentivize purchases at specific establishments?

We ended up using her legacy Chase Marriott Bonvy Premier Visa card to get a 10% credit for hamburgers and a malted shake at Five Guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.